Status: On hiatus; sorry loves

Boarding School for the Abnormally Gifted

Dreams

That night I dreamnt...

Walking through the woods to the river I always visited seemed to be taking longer than usual. The anticipation of seeing him was creeping up on me even if I had promised myself that I wouldn't get too excited. We were both betrothed to other people anyway, and even though I knew that my conscience was telling me this was wrong, my heart was telling me that what we were doing was right. Finally when I made it through the last of the brush near the river I could see him, there, leaning against a tree trunk in the shade of the midday sunlight was the man I now knew I loved more than my own husband-to-be. Stepping out into the sunlight he spotted me and smiled. Smiling back, I waited for him to come to me, knowing what I wanted he teleported across the river and was in front of me in seconds.

"I missed you," he mumbled and leaned down to capture my lips in a chaste kiss.

"As I missed you." I responded, and he took my hand.

"My father has found out that I am seeing someone that isn't my sister. He has been making it harder and harder to get out lately." Alector said as we began to walk down the side of the riverbank.

"My father is beginning to worry about why I am always avoiding Xavier also. He believes I should be catering to all of his needs since we are to be married in a few months, but mother knows about us and is keeping father occupied. She is so happy that I have found someone that makes me happy even if it is a taboo love." I responded while looking at the ground.

"This isn't going to get any easier anytime soon, I just hope my father can understand that I don't want to marry Victoria. She's is my baby sister, five years younger than I, and he wants us to be wed next month. I could never do that to her. She's only 11, and the fact remains that she is my sister. I know it is normal for royalty to marry our siblings, but neither of us wants this. The worst part is he is expecting we have children no longer than a year after our marriage." He was rambling and his grip began to tighten on my hand.

"Shh-shh. It'll be okay. We will figure something out." I said as I brought us to a halt and sat down at the base of a large willow tree. Alector laid down with his head in my lap and closed his eyes as I began to run my fingers through his hair. I felt him relax to my touch and we just sat there in silence, both of us distracted by our own thoughts of how to save our love.

"I know what we have to do Violetta." Alector said and sat up, causing my hands to fall from his head.

"And what exactly is it we have to do?" I asked him, curious.

"We'll run away together, somewhere far from here where no one will know either of us. We can live somewhere secluded, all alone with each other. We'll get married and have children and live long happy lives together until the day we die." The sound of his voice, all the hope he put into this one far fetched, yet so alluring dream, I just couldn't deny him.

"Yes," I said, "this is what we have to do for ourselves and for the people we are promised to. When shall we leave?"

He looked deep in thought again, so I sat silently, waiting for an answer.

"Tomorrow night. We shall meet here tomorrow at midnight and escape. Do not bring anything with you but what you shall wear and some extra clothes. Okay love?" He told me and I nodded, smiled, and kissed him.

We were finally going to both lead lives of happiness and love instead of sadness and guilt.