Status: On hiatus; sorry loves

Boarding School for the Abnormally Gifted

Bi-Polar Much?

The car ride to the airport was uneventful. We were all quiet, acting as if we were just going for a drive. My parents had the radio on an oldies station and Ash and I were sitting closely next to each other, my head on his shoulder and his head on mine, communicating mentally. I would read his mind and then send my reply back into it. As we started getting closer to the airport Ash took my hand and intertwined our fingers. I caught my father giving him a reprimanding look through the rear-view mirror, but he ignored it. It wasn't like we're a couple, we've just always been this way, and he's my brother, he knows what to do to comfort me even if he can't read my mind anymore.

Now remember how I said the car ride itself was uneventful? The airport was the complete opposite. Since you can't go past security without a ticket we were saying our good-byes in the area right before it, and a hell of a lot of people were staring.

My mother was in tears and had me in a death grip. "I'm going to miss you so much honey." My mom sniffled.

"I'm going to miss you too mommy, but can you kind of let me go? I'm starting to lose the oxygen to my brain." I gasped out. She immediately dropped the death grip but still held me at arms length.

She spoke, but turned her head slightly as if she was talking to my father, and kept her eyes on me the whole time. "Our baby girl is growing up, and she's going to a school with hundreds of boys." Her eyes started to tear again and I flinched.

"Geez mom, way to make your daughter sound like a whore." Ash mumbled, low enough for only me to hear.

My mom handed me off to my dad and he gathered me into a hug. "While you're there I want you to find somebody to marry, and make sure he's powerful." My dad mumbled into my head.

"Yeah, yeah, dad. You know normal fathers try to keep their daughters away from boys, meanwhile you're pushing me to get married at seventeen." I stated and I heard Ash laugh and my mother sniffle again.

"Since when have any of us been normal sweetie?" My father asked and kissed my forehead. "I just want what's best for you, not to mention to be the grandfather of some very powerful grandchildren." He chuckled and rubbed circles in my back. "Now listen to me, be good, make some friends, and please do me a favor and don't get in trouble. You and Ash pull enough pranks, I don't want to know what kind of trouble you'll cause for people who don't even know you." He said and then let me out of his embrace.

Our parents left Ash and I alone to say our goodbyes.

"I'm going to miss you little sis." He said to me coming over and grabbing me in an embrace. For twins we were fairly different in height, so his five foot eleven stature easily enveloped my five foot three self.

"I want to go, but I don't want to leave you here." I mumbled into his chest as he rubbed soothing circles in my back where our father had just moments ago.

"Yeah, but, if it'll make you an even better wizard than you are now, then I can deal with not seeing you for a while. Just promise me that if anybody tries anything on you that you'll kick his ass."

"I promise, as long as he isn't a boy in a sex god's body." I commented, which caused him to tense and move away from me enough to glare.

"Please spare me the details of your mind." He said and then bent down to give me a kiss on the cheek which I returned.

"Now go on or you'll miss your plane." He said and pushed me towards security.

I nodded and walked away, but stopped to turn around and see if he was still there every couple of feet. By the time I made it to security he wasn't there anymore and I kept going.

Half an hour later I was at the gate giving the lady my ticket to board the plane. As I got to the opening of the plane a stewardess asked to see my ticket so she could seat me and I gladly obliged. Walking onto the plane wasn't such a great experience though. As the stewardess and I made our way to the back, where my seat apparently was, I could just feel the holes being burned into my ass and chest. I was starting to get annoyed with the male species, which seemed to be everyone on the plane aside from the stewardess and myself, so I decided a lesson was in order for them.

Concentrating, I sucked the oxygen out of the air around everyone but the stewardess and I. It was quite entertaining to see the boys start to panic and turn different colors.

Once I got to my seat I let the boys breathe again, and glared at anybody who dared to so much as glance at me.

I was looking out the window next to my seat when somebody sat down next to me. I looked over to see a boy with black hair and snake bites. He was very pale and had big brown eyes. All in all he was pretty cute, but we're not going to let him know that.

"If you're here to hit on me sweetie I will castrate you." I said, turning back to look out the window.

"Ouch, and no I am not here to hit on you. I am in fact gay and your seat buddy for the day. Ha that rhymed." He giggled and sat down.

"Oh you are? Well then, it's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Violet." I responded and gave him a smile.

"My name is Damen, and Bi-Polar much?"

I laughed and we started to talk. Damen and I spent our flight getting to know each other and listening to music until we eventually fell asleep together. I think I may have made a new best friend.

I don't even know how many hours later it was when I was being woken up by Damen.

"Vi, come on wake up. Damn it girl do not make me slap you." He said sounding like he was getting annoyed.

"But I don't want to wake up." I said, opening my eyes and giving him a pout.

"Oh no, not the pout. I can never handle it when a girl does the pout." He sighed. "What is it you want? If I know anything about girls, I know that that pout means they want something." He stated.

"Can I have a piggy-back ride? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease? If you do I will be your bestest friend." I said giving him a big grin knowing he would already say yes.

"Fine, come on. But not until we get off the plane." So we walked off the plane and as soon as we were in the walkway to the gate I jumped on his back, almost causing us to topple over. Good thing I'm not to big huh? We eventually made our way to baggage claim where I had to get off of his back because we couldn't handle both our luggage with him carrying me. We eventually made it outside to where the last limo to school was waiting for us. Can you say fancy?

The ride lasted about an hour and we eventually arrived at a very Gothic architecture oriented castle almost. I mean this place is HUGE.

After getting out of the car and gathering our luggage we made our way up the stairs to the building. My only thoughts as I crossed the threshold were:

I think I'm going to like it here.