Status: On hiatus; sorry loves

Boarding School for the Abnormally Gifted

Oh, Brother

Matt tensed and I relaxed, both looking towards the door. Alec was standing there and he was pissed. My eyes widened and I realized that no matter what I said, this was going to look bad and Matt was going to be hit. Hard.

“Alec! Please don’t hit anybody!” I exclaimed, hoping if I started out with that, he wouldn’t hit anybody. Of course as soon as it came out of my mouth, I realized that probably made me sound guiltier. Curse my stupid tongue.

“Alec, dude, we weren’t doing anything. I swear,” Matt said, calm as could be, as he slowly let me go. As soon as his arms were off of me, I ran to Alec and hugged him hoping that would stop him from hitting anybody. For some reason as soon as my arms were around me, he looked even more pissed, although he returned my hug and seemed to be comforting me. He leaned down to where his mouth was next to my ear.

“Shh. It’s ok sweety. Matt forced himself on you didn’t he?” Alec asked, as though talking to a child. Crap. Hugging him made Matt seem guiltier. But he was guilty. So why did I have this burning need to protect him?

“No. Matt didn’t do anything. He was just trying to… get a cup for me because I couldn’t reach,” I said, pointing up at the cupboard. He glanced at the counter and saw my cup sitting there.

“But you already have a drink,” he said, suspicious.

“I was… getting you one,” I said with a smile. He still looked suspicious but he nodded his head and grabbed a glass. He filled it with water and turned to me. “You coming?”

“I’ll be there in a second,” I said. Alec nodded and headed out of the kitchen. I turned to Matt, who was giving me a weird look. “What?” I snapped.

“You could have ratted me out, but you didn’t,” he said, clearly shocked.

“Well you didn’t actually do anything,” I said, still angry, but trying to rationalize my need to protect him.

“Yeah but I was going to,” he said, not realizing what he was saying. I just widened my eyes, got my water and ran out to the living room, where Alec was. He smiled when he saw me and gestured to his lap. I smiled gratefully and sat down, resting my head in the crook of his neck. He rubbed my back soothingly and I closed my eyes, all of the recent drama coming to mind. I eventually pushed it all back and fell asleep in Alec’s warm arms.

***

“Violetta, come on!” a little boy giggled beside me. I was in a huge yard. The sun was shining and I was in my favorite dress.

“Matthew, I cannot run as fast as you in my skirts!” My little voice sounded like bells, with laughter behind it.

“Now, now. Don’t run off. You are too young to be running off by yourselves,” our nanny, Bridgett, said to us with a scolding tone of voice.

“But we are seven now Bridgett!” I exclaimed. I took Matthew’s hand and we ran towards the woods, with Bridgett calling to us from behind, unable to keep up. As we passed trees we started laughing and planning when we would one day run away back to our old home where we would get married and live happily ever after. Our parents had always told us we would be married one day to keep our family alive, so we decided it was good because we loved each other.

We ran to the river, where Matthew went and stuck his feet. I followed him, but, me being the daring twin, I went farther until the whole bottoms of my skirts were soaked. I laughed and looked back at Matthew, who was smiling. Suddenly, the current of the river swept me up and I was carried towards the middle, where I was pulled under by my heavy, now wet, clothing. I could feel the water surging over my face, and I tried to force myself up above the water, losing strength in every push. I could feel the water filling up my lungs as I tried to scream for Matthew to help me. Eventually, the world went black.

My semi-conscious mind felt my body being pulled to the surface and heard the boy’s voice telling me to breathe, ooh please breathe. I felt the water exit my lungs as he pressed down on my chest. All I could think was: thank god. Matthew saved me. Thank you Matthew. I love you Matthew. But when my eyes opened, all thoughts of Matthew were pushed out of my mind as my eyes met the most beautiful pair of grey-blue eyes I had ever seen. And I fell in true love for the first time.
♠ ♠ ♠
heyyyy there!!!!!! soooo sorry i havent been updatin!!! im at my grandma's house and we didnt have wireless for a while and when we did get it, i had a major case of writers block for a few days then i had to get Ali's permissoin to put somthin in the story so its been hectic!!!!! butttt im so happy because im in the states now!!! (i live in Germany) even though its only for a little while, i went on a huge shopping spree and bought a lot of clothes i don't need!!!lol :) haha well im also really excited for the end of the summer cause on the 26th of august i am goin to (drumroll please) AN ALL TIME LOW CONCERT!!!!!!XDXDXD ATL is my favorite band EVER and im so excited!!!!!!!!!! wooooohooooo!! so yeah with all that excitement going on!!!!:) oks well i really hope you guys liked the chapter and i would love you guys so much if you could comment??? i love you anyways, but ya kno?? haha oks well thats all for today i guess!!!:)

-AlyssaXD