Let Me Perfect It

Was that considered trying?

Image

Chloe's point of view

"You're not gonna run away from me this time, are you?" Brendon laughed, a small grin adorning his face.

I pursed my lips for a moment. "I probably owe you an apology..." I said quietly. "Or an explanation, or something..."

"It's fine-" he started, to say but I cut him off.

"No it's not," I answered, "You probably thought I was crazy or something."

He smiled softly, "Not crazy, just really shy."

"I don’t think being really shy is a good reason for me to pretty much break your foot..."

"I was walking normally the next day! It wasn't even close to broken," He chuckled.

"You know what I mean," I laughed softly, "I just panicked, and that was my first reaction. So sorry if your foot's got a huge bruise."

"There isn't even a scratch," he smiled. "So stop worrying. Besides, I'm more scared about Sophie trying to kill me."

I laughed lightly. "You've just got to stay on her good side," I smiled, "Don't do anything to piss her off, and she won't claw your eyes out. Don't do anything to make her hate you," I chuckled, "Like that Beckett guy... I have a feeling that by the end of the tour, he won't be able to see."

Brendon laughed. After the laughter faded, we walked in silence for a few moments, until he suddenly asked, "Is Travis the reason you don't drink?"

I looked towards him quickly, nodding after a moment. "I think I've just seen how he acts, when he's drunk, and it doesn't even seem enjoyable. " I sighed, "And really, Travis is the reason I got frustrated with you, at that party. And the reason I stomped on your foot, and the reason I'm so shy. It's almost like I'm hidden behind this weird personality that’s more worried about stomping on peoples' feet and trying not to talk to them when I should be enjoying the time I've got away from Travis."

How was it so easy to talk to Brendon? It must've been because I'd already told him my deep, dark secret; I felt as though I could share all this other stuff with him. I love my band to death, but it was nice having someone else to talk to for once; someone to give me a new perspective on these situations.

"You say that like you plan on going back to him, once the tour's over..." Brendon said quietly.

I looked towards him for a moment and sighed. "It's harder to stay away from him than it might seem," I said quietly as I stopped walking. I shook my head for a second before turning and walking back towards my bus. Something about what Brendon had said struck a nerve, and for a moment it was difficult to keep my composure.

He must not have realized I'd walked away for a few seconds, because I heard the small thump of his shoes hitting the pavement behind me, in a faster tempo than if he was walking. "Chloe," He sighed, now walking in step with me. "I didn't mean anything by that, really... I was just trying to sort everything out,"

"Not much needs to be sorted out," I said simply, "The kid ruins my life and I can't help but to run back to him. It sucks, yeah, but I guess I'm used to it." I stopped walking again.

"Do you even try to stay away from him?" The tone in his voice was so serious, it was almost scary. The scariest part, though, was that I was unsure of my answer. Sure, I always told myself I needed to stop seeing Travis, but I'd never actually follow through. Was that considered trying?

"I can't help it," I admitted after a moment, looking down at my feet. "It's like there's a part of me that believes he's all I have."

"You have your band," He said softly. "And me. Don't think that I won't be here, just because we've barely talked." A soft laugh accented the end of the sentence. I looked up at him again. "I'm serious, Chloe. You shouldn't have to deal with that, with him."

I smiled softly. "Thanks, Brendon," The words were quiet as they left my mouth. "That means a lot."

I couldn't help but pull him into a quick hug; when we separated, he turned away from me and yawned.

"Sorry I'm so horribly boring," I said with a laugh.

Brendon laughed as well. "It's not you," He said with a smile, "I'm just behind on sleep. Way behind." He laughed, and yawned again. "And it's really catching up with me. I think I'm gonna head back to my bus, I need sleep." He smiled.

"Alright." I said simply, "I'll talk to you later?"

"Of course," He said with a smile before turning and walking away, towards his bus.

I walked the remaining few feet to my own and entered, to see Sophie curled up on the couch with her book and Molly sitting next to her, staring at the TV. I sat next to her and took my sunglasses off. "Whatcha watching?" I asked.

"Nothing," Molly mumbled, before looking towards me. She seemed to be examining my face for a moment. "You're happy." She smiled.

"I broke up with Travis," I said proudly. Her smile grew a bit.

I heard Sophie's book close, and she stood up. "And she told Brendon about everything," She said, looking towards my eye for a moment. I could tell by the tone in her voice that she didn't care as much as she did earlier - she was starting to trust Brendon, already. "I'm going to take a nap," She added before setting her book on the counter and walking to the bunk area of the bus.

"You told him?" Molly questioned curiously. I nodded. "When? Why?"

"I got off the phone with Travis and I was walking here, we ran into each other and my sunglasses fell off, and Brendon stepped on them." I laughed. "He saw my eye and I broke down, I had to talk to someone, before I exploded."

Molly smiled. "And that went well, I take it?"

I nodded again, "Yeah. We were just walking around and talking for a little bit, after. I kinda wish I hadn't been so shy around him at first... he's such a nice guy." I smiled softly.

Molly's grin grew slowly. "You like him," She said in a teasing tone. "You like Brendon!"

I shook my head and laughed. "Molly," I sighed, "You're crazy." I laughed again, "You have no idea what you're talking about."

"We'll see about that," She said with a smirk before returning her attention to the TV.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I would love it if at least one person commented. Seriously. <3