Let Me Perfect It

The Breakfast Club

Image
Chloe's Point of View

"I don't have to runaway and live in the street. I can runaway and I can go to the ocean, I can go to the country, I can go to the mountains. I could go to Israel, Africa, Afghanistan."

The voice of Allison Reynolds from The Breakfast Club came through the speakers of the TV. This was one of my favorite movies and it'd been so long since I'd seen it, so I couldn't deny the offer when Brendon asked to hang out and watch it.

"Chloe," Brendon said, pulling my attention away from the TV. He grinned and asked, "If you could go anywhere, right now, where would you go?"

"Well," I sighed, "If I had the option, I'd stay here. This touring thing is really growing on me," I chuckled. "But really, if I had to pick somewhere, I think I'd go to Italy, or something. I don't really know." I laughed.

"Have you ever been out of the country?"

"Unless you count Canada, no. But I live in New York. Canada's practically my next door neighbor." I laughed.

"How about... wishes?"

"Wishes?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, if you could have three wishes, what would they be?"

"I don't know!" I laughed. "I probably would use two on other people, like my parents or something.. I'm not sure. But the third one, I'd use for myself, I guess. I think right now I'd wish," I paused, thinking. "At this moment, I'd wish to stay as happy as I've been the past few days. It's been great." I smiled softly.

Brendon's grin grew. "Is it because you've been spending time with me?" he asked.

Had I heard a flirtatious tone in his voice? I shrugged off the thought quickly - there was no way. "Oh, that's exactly the reason," I teased, laughing lightly.

"You know its true," his grin grew as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

I laughed, and thought for a moment. "Why are you asking me so many questions, anyways?" I chuckled.

Brendon's smile stayed on his face, "Because I want to get to you know better!" He laughed. "We talk all the time, but its hard to get into a conversation that will let me find out where you want to travel, or stuff like that." He laughed. "So, I asked questions." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and smiled "Why don't you just make a survey for me to answer?" I joked.

Brendon tilted his head and looked at me for a moment "You know what? I like that idea. But in the mean time," he smiled, standing up, "I will be right back."

"Where are you going?" I was confused by the desire to keep him next to me for as long as I could.

He put a finger to his lips is a 'shh' manner. "Just wait here."

I watched, still confused as the bus door closed behind him.

What was he up to now?

Brendon's Point of View

"Sophie!" I said loudly, knocking on the door of One Last Request's bus. She opened it a few moments later.

"What?" She groaned.

"I need your help." I grinned.

"My help? With what, Urie?" She snapped. "I'm trying to read!"

I looked at my feet awkwardly. I didn't know how to ask this from Sophie without sounding like, well... a creeper.

Sophie looked from her book for a second and a look of realization came on her face. "Where's Chloe?"

"That what I want to talk to you about." I answered.

Worried took over her face now "What happened? Is she okay?"

"She's fine, she's fine!" I reassured her. "She's sitting on my bus, waiting for me to get back."

Her face calmed and she looked back at her book once more.

"So about what I need help with," I said awkwardly.

"No, what you need is to leave me the hell alone and let me finish my book." she growled.

"Its about Chloe."

She looked up, like I hoped she would. I guess that was an advantage of her being so protective of Chloe; all I had to do was mention her and I could get Sophie's full attention.

"What about her?"

"I need your help getting her to..." I paused for a moment, "gettting her to, um... date me."

"Date you?" Sophie asked, looking amused. "You're joking... right?"

Well there is a shot at my confidence.

I shook my head, "I'm serious, Soph."

"Don't call me that," She snapped, "That's a nickname for my friends to use."

This isn't going as well as I'd hoped.

"Whatever, Sophie. I'm being serious though. Why is that such a bad idea?"

"Because, Urie... you've done nothing to prove that Chloe - or I, for that matter - can trust you."

My eyes widened for a moment. "I.. uh.. what? She told me-"

"She shouldn't have!" She snapped, cutting me off. My face fell. "If she ran into anyone else out there, she probably would have told them." She sighed. "Now let me finish my book." She looked back down at the book in her hands.

"No!" I snapped after a moment. I took a few steps forward and quickly snatched the book out of her hand.

"Brendon Urie." She said slowly. "Give me my book back. Now."

Sophie was pissed. But I didn't care. I needed her help. I needed something to make it stop. - the aching I felt in my chest everytime I thought of the bruises and pain Chloe had suffered. The longing when I saw her and remembered she wasn't mine.

"No," I said simply. "It's distracting you. Listen to me, for a second, Sophie."

"You just stole my book!" She snapped, standing up. "That does not give me more of a reason to listen to what you've got to say to me."

I took a few steps backwards, keeping the book away from her. "Well, you've got nothing else to do, without a book..." I grinned.

"What is going on in here?" Someone asked, walking from the bunk area of the bus to the main area.

"Molly, he stole my book!" Sophie practically whined to her friend.

I laughed out loud and Molly looked towards me. "Brendon, I've got to tell you, you have guts. Most people worry too much about Sophie biting their hand off to take things from her."

"Molly!" Sophie whined again.

"I'm going to hang out with Sisky. Later dudes," She laughed, walking past both of us and out of the bus.

"Fine, Urie," Sophie mumbled after a moment. "Talk. Why should I help you with this?"

Now that she was actually listening, it took me a moment to remember what I was going to say.

"Because I'd be good for her"

She scoffed. "You're wasting my time, Urie."

"How? How am I wasting your time?" I snapped.

I was getting sick of her attitude.

"You can't have Chloe. I wont let you" she answered. Like I was trying to buy her or something.

"Why not?"

Sophie stopped for a moment and watched me as if every blink or slight movement was being graded.

"You aren't good enough for her."

"You don't think anyone is good enough, do you?" I snapped, throwing her book at the wall. Needless to say, I'd lost my temper and I could see she was losing hers as well.

"I am trying to protect her!"

"Well its not working! Look at her eye! Every time you tell her that she can't see someone or scare a guy away, you are pushing her back to him! Then when she comes home with another black eye, you get even more protective and the cycle starts again!"

Sophie stared at me for a moment, shocked. I could tell she wasn't used to being yelled at. "That's not true," She mumbled, her voice dropping.

"Yes, it is, Sophie." I said simply. "Other than the girls, she doesn't think she has someone who cares about her, besides Travis. Nobody stays around long enough for her to realize she can have something better than that. You have good intentions, but you probably didn't notice that protecting her wasn't working," I said.

Sophie sighed and shook her head. "You know, Brendon, this is hard for me to admit," She chuckled lightly, "But, you're right. I guess I can help."

"You didn't call me by my last name!" I laughed.

"And you didn't let me stomp all over you," She grinned. "Good job. What do you need to know?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicole helped me write so much of this its not even funny. I luff her. <3