Let Me Perfect It

Dark Sunglasses.

Image

Chloe's POV

During an exciting show, I never felt more 'at one' with myself. I was never happier, never more alive. How would it be possible? I was surrounded by my friends, by people that loved me. Not to mention the amazing rush I got, sitting behind the drum set. It was like a high from being so enveloped in the music; a high that never faded until I'd land in my bed for sleep.

I pushed my dark sunglasses up the bridge of my nose, laughing with my friends as I remembered nights from the past.

Yes, I just said I was wearing sunglasses.
Yes, we just got done with a show, which means yes, it was getting darker outside.
No, I didn't plan on taking off those sunglasses anytime soon.
Not unless the brownish patch around my right eye fades suddenly.

Oh! I must've forgotten to tell you, I'm Chloe Summers. Drummer of One Last Request.

Sophie is the lead singer, and also my best friend; she's there for me through everything the world throws at us, fake bloodstains and wavy blonde hair intact.

I'm constantly envious of Josie. her light brown, naturally tan skin always makes me look like a porcelain doll. Her straight black hair makes my brown hair look dull. Josie is the 'rational' one of the group, she makes sure we get to where we need to be, get things done before we go to our usual antics of joking around and having fun. She's lead guitarist, and does the job perfectly.

Molly is our bassist. Her bright green eyes seemed to outshine the dull hazel of mine, although mine were always hidden behind glasses anyways. Her hair was auburn red and she loved a good joke, especially if it's a joke played on someone else.

Angie, the other guitarist of One Last Request, was gorgeous. Her long black hair always fell in perfect curls, her brown eyes always shone brightly. She was in heaven with a guitar in her hand, she fell into the music quickly. She was amazingly nice, practically the peacemaker if any arguments befell other members of the group.

"What now?" Molly asked. The tone of her voice clearly showed that she was still hyper from just playing the show.

"I'm going home and going to bed," Sophie yawned. "You four can do as you please."

Molly laughed, causing me to laugh as well, knowing what she was going to mention. "Does that mean sneaking a drunk guy into your bed again?" She giggled.

"That was not funny," Sophie snarled, which made Molly chuckle even more, as well as the other girls.

"It was for us," Josie said with a laugh.

"My pain is always your enjoyment," Sophie said, shooting a fake glare at Josie before quickly sending it to me, when I spoke up.

"And?" I giggled, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket, just once, a text message.

I pulled it out of my pocket, reading the text quickly. It was from my ex - boyfriend, Travis. It said plainly, i miss u, babe.

I shut my eyes for a moment, before closing my phone. "I've got to go," I sighed, faking a yawn. "I'm pretty tired, too.."

"Chloe, you can't leave!" Molly whined.

"I'm sorry, guys," I sighed. I really was. I hated lying to my friends; but if they found out I was just going to run back to Travis, they'd kill him. And me, probably, for being so stupid.

But I'll explain that later. "Just get straight home, then," Sophie said, looking me in the eye - well, the sunglasses, in the direction of my eye.

I moved my glace away, not wanting to look my best friend in the eye as I lied through my teeth. "I know," I said, faking another yawn, "I'll see you guys later," I smiled softly and headed towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! :) This story is gonna be crazy good, I hope. <3 Comment / subscribe, I'll love you for the rest of forever.