Let Me Perfect It

So Young and Naive

Image

Chloe's Point of View

Remember, Chloe... We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I grumbled, leaning backwards onto the couch. Molly took the note from my hand - she was the only one left with me on the bus, seeing as the other girls were searching for their things as well. My sunglasses were sitting on the counter, and they were currently the only pair I had - whoever came and took our stuff took every last pair, other than the ones I'd had on my face.

"Isn't that quote from a movie?" She asked, raising her eyebrow slightly. "I swear, I've heard that before."

She handed me the paper again and I reread it a few times, racking my brain. "The Breakfast Club!" I said, sitting up. "That's a quote from The Breakfast Club! Wow... I still didn't recognize it, even though it's from my favorite movie..." I half-laughed.

"That's a good clue!" Molly exclaimed after a moment. "Who knows it's your favorite movie?"

"Brendon," I said simply. "But he wouldn't take my sunglasses, would he? He knows why I have them, and he's not a jerk..."

"Chloe, you're so young and naive." Molly chuckled. "Brendon could be the nicest guy in the world, but when it comes to pranks you've got to do something that actually effects who's getting pranked. So, I wouldn't put it past him." She grinned. "Believe me, pranks are my specialty. You should go talk to him, he's your first suspect." She laughed.

"What would I say?" I groaned. " 'Hey Brendon! Did you steal my sunglasses?' "

"That would work," Molly grinned. "Very blunt. To the point."

I sighed. "I'll figure something out," I mumbled, standing from the couch and putting my sunglasses on my face.

"Good luck!" Molly grinned, before I walked out of the bus and towards Panic!'s.

I knocked on the door a few times and waited. It finally opened a few minutes later, and it wasn't the person I was looking for.

"Shit, Chloe," Ian said with a laugh. "Did you even knock? I didn't know you were out here!"

"Yeah, I did," I said plainly. "Is Brendon inside?"

"Yeah," Ian nodded as he opened the screen door and stepped out of the bus, letting me in. "He's in his bunk, on his laptop."

"Alright, thanks," I said before he walked away.

"Chloe?" I heard Brendon's voice from the back of the bus.

"Hey," I said as I took a few steps towards the bunk area. "I, um... can I ask you something? It's kinda weird..."

I heard his laptop click shut and few moments later Brendon was out of the bunk area. "What's up?" He asked with a slight smile.

"Um, I feel weird asking this, but did you, um.. take my sunglasses?" I asked, looking at the ground as I asked. I shifted my weight back and forth between my legs, nervous that I was making a fool of myself asking him this.

"Why would I do that?" He responded, sounding as confused as I felt. "What makes you think I did?"

"Well, everybody on my bus is missing stuff," I said, feeling my cheeks redden. "I'm missing my sunglasses. And the little note left where they were was a Breakfast Club quote..." I explained, looking towards him. I dug the note from my pocket and held it out to him. "We watched it the other day, and you know it's my favorite, so I kind of just assumed..."

He took the note and looked it over for a moment before he chuckled. "Makes sense," Brendon said, returning the note, "But that's definitely Ian's handwriting," He chuckled. "He must've seen us watching the movie," He said, "And set me up."

"Why, though?" I asked. Maybe I was young and naive, as Molly had said.

"I have the strange feeling," Brendon said with a small grin, "Sophie going on stage with William may have unintentionally started a prank war."

I sighed. "Oh," I said simply, unsure of what else to say. "So you really have no idea where my sunglasses are?"

Brendon chuckled. "No idea. I just got back to the bus a few minutes ago, I was helping the tech guys get the venue ready," He said with a small grin, "But, they're probably on the bus somewhere. Considering Ian was probably trying to set me up, they're probably with my stuff or somewhere I would think to hide stuff," He laughed.

"Where would you hide stuff?" I asked with a small laugh.

Brendon looked thoughtful for a moment and walked past me to where the couch was on his bus. He stood on the couch and pulled the cupboard above it open, revealing a few boxes of cereal. He dug through it for a moment and I watched, confused. He would hide my sunglasses with cereal? "Not in here." He said with a shrug. "Where else would I hide stuff?" He asked himself. He walked past me again, back to the bunk area. I followed and watched as he pulled a suitcase from the storage area and opened it, to reveal my bag of sunglasses on the very top. "I should have looked here first," He laughed, "Ian wouldn't think of me hiding things with the cereal."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Thanks so much," I said, taking the bag as he held it out to me. "And, the next time you see Ian, can you mention that he's a jerk?" I grinned.

"Of course," Brendon laughed. He glanced away from my face for a moment. "You guys go onstage kinda soon," He said.

"Oh, shit," I said, shocked. I turned around and looked at the clock, and we didn't have much time. Hopefully we all had time to get ready before the day's show started. "I'll talk to you later, alright?" I said.

"Definitely." He grinned, and I left the bus.

Molly's point of view

I didn't even have to read my note to know who had my game boy; and now that I helped Chloe figure out who had her sunglasses, I was off to find a certain Adam T. Siska to retrieve my biggest form of entertainment offstage - Pokémon, red version.

I'd already checked his bus, and found out he'd just left, so I was checking the venue now. This was easier than I'd expected.

"You're not really good at pranks, are you?" I teased, walking over to Sisky - he was sitting in the corner of the large dressing room, with my game boy held in front of his face.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, looking at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"You took my game boy, but instead of hiding it from me, you sit in the middle of the dressing room we have to share and play it?" I chuckled.

"Again, what are you talking about?" He asked with a small laugh. "William just handed this to me earlier."

"And William wrote this note, right?" I laughed. I somehow wasn't convinced by this argument, so I pulled the folded note I'd found on my pillow from my pocket and handed it to him.

He opened the note slowly and seemed to read it a few times. I already remembered what it said - Great gift, Molly! Thanks for the game boy! :D

"This would be a pretty sweet birthday present..." He said with a small chuckle, returning the paper to me. "But I did not write that note."

"Well, you're not keeping it," I said, taking the game boy from his hands. He pouted, but I ignored it. "If you didn't write the note, who did?" I asked.

"I'm going to guess William... since he had the game boy and all," Sisky chuckled.

"Makes sense." I laughed. "You know, I think I knew it wasn't you. You've got to be better at pranks than this."

"Psh," He scoffed, "I'm the best on tour when it comes to pranks. Better than you, even." He teased, grinning.

"Yeah, right." I laughed. "Nobody is better at pranks than I am."

"You want to prove that?" He asked. There was a smirk on his lips, but the statement was more serious.

"Oh, I will." I smirked, before turning and leaving the room; Sisky had a confused expression and no explanation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovely, faithful readers... we're on part 20 now, and only have one comment. From ME. Something must be done to fix this. If we get even ONE MORE comment, Nicole and I will be the happiest beings on the planet. Make that happen?