Let Me Perfect It

I've had enough of your shit.

Image

Chloe's Point of View

"Get the hell out!"

"Make me, Sophie Marie," Came William's answer. It had been almost a week since the boys of the other bands had come to the bus, because of Molly's prank. And those few days had been filled with nonstop screaming and arguing from Sophie and William - screaming which had only gotten worse when William had learned Sophie's middle name.

Luckily, it was the day of Sisky's party, and the boys were likely to disperse back to their own buses after the stay at the hotel. We were just arriving at our destination, and we had a show to play before spending the night -and having a party - in a small hotel.

As soon as the bus stopped I was running off it as fast as I could. Sophie and William were too busy arguing to notice.

"Hey," Brendon smiled catching up to me and wrapping his arm around my waist. "You took off like a bat out of hell."

"A week of those two was enough." I answered, smiling. "I can't wait until the batteries on all those alarm clocks die."

Brendon laughed, "Molly did a good job hiding them."

"That's Molly for you," I chuckled. "She wanted to get back at everyone for stealing our stuff,"

"So she had to put stuff everywhere? I thought Beckett was the main guy in all of that..." Brendon laughed.

"According to what people said, Ian and Pete helped. So Molly got back at everyone."

"That doesn't seem fair," Brandon laughed.

I shrugged "Its Molly. When she pranks she goes all out. I probably should have warned you about that before..."

"This will just be a very interesting prank war," He chuckled.

I shook my head. "I think I've got to go help set up for the show, so I'll talk to you later," I smiled.

"Of course," Brendon laughed, and I walked away from him and toward the venue.

The girls and I helped the tech people set up for sound check and we played a few lines from different songs to make sure everything was alright, and before I knew it, it was time for the show to start.

Each bands' set passed and we headed to the hotel after staying at the venue for a while to meet fans and sign various things - it was time for the party. Apparently, birthdays were a huge deal on tour - Pete had managed to get five rooms of the hotel that night. It was a tiny hotel, so that five rooms happened to be an entire floor.

"This is going to be great," Sophie said to me as she dried her hair. I knew she was looking forward to drinking, as were the other members of the band.

I took a quick shower and pulled on a simple outfit - a dark blue shirt, black jeans, and black heels. I dried my hair and curled it before leaving the bathroom, much to Molly's disapproval. "I still need to shower," She whined. "What took you so long?"

I laughed and shook my head, "My hair," I laughed, moving out of her way and back to the main area of our hotel room. I pulled out my makeup bag and mirror but decided against everything and shoved it back with a sigh. It wasn't like anyone would see anything I did with my eyes - my black eye wasn't faded enough to cover so I still had to wear my sunglasses. I was getting tired of them, but I knew it was better to wear them for a few more days than have everyone wonder what happened to my face. I dug through my bag until I found a nice pair of sunglasses to pull over my eyes before sitting on the bed for a moment.

"Jeez, Chloe," Josie said as she walked into the room. "Who are you all dressed up for?" She teased.

"Nobody," I said with a laugh. "I just thought I would do something with my hair for once,"

Josie shook her head. "Whatever," She laughed, "But you should come out now, you and Molly are the only ones still in the room!"

I hadn't even noticed that Sophie had left. "Alright," I nodded, standing up. I walked out of the room with Josie, who led me to a room down the hall. A lot of the band guys were sitting around, as well as the remainder of One Last request, other than Molly.

"What is taking Molly so long?" Sisky asked jokingly.

"Chloe took too long in the shower," Josie laughed. I shook my head and took a seat on the floor, next to Sophie.

"Why are we all just sitting here?" Angie asked after a few moments.

Sisky grinned and said, "People got me presents and I'm going to open them before I drink." He laughed. "And everybody needs to be here." He added, as afterthought.

After a few more minutes of small talk between everyone, Molly finally showed up as well as the last few band guys, including Brendon. He took a seat between Spencer and myself and nudged me slightly with his shoulder. "Hey," He said with a wide grin.

I returned the smile. "Hey," I said, "What took you so long?"

"I was helping Beckett finish setting everything up," He explained.

I looked around for a moment and realized that William wasn't in the room yet, but after a few moments, he arrived. He walked over to me and asked, "Mind if I sit here?" And gestured towards the very small amount of space between Sophie and myself, a smug smirk on his face.

"I don't think she would appreciate it if I let you," I said, looking towards Sophie for a moment.

She glared at William for a moment. "Don't even think about it, Beckett." She snapped.

"You shouldn't be so cold, Sophie," He smirked, "When you haven't even given me the chance to warm you up,"

"Go away!" She snapped again, her voice louder. This got the attention of others, including Sisky.

"Seriously, you guys?" He asked, shaking his head. "Can you relax for a few hours? It's a fucking party!"

William shook his head and walked away, sitting directly opposite from Sophie.

Sisky quickly opened his few presents and the party started, the bands dispersing into the other rooms to drink and party.

After a few minutes of walking around, from room to room, and holding small conversations with different people, I was stopped by Brendon.

"Are you going to drink today?" He asked suddenly, holding up his own red plastic cup.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "No, I'm not." I said plainly.

"But it's a party," He grinned. "And you're on tour! You should loosen up a little, Chloe."

If these words were coming from anyone else, they definitely would've upset me.

After I didn't respond for a moment, Brendon continued, "Besides, I'll be here," He smiled, "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

I thought about this for a moment and decided Brendon was right. I did need to loosen up a bit, and I didn't have to worry about anything happening. I hadn't even spoken to Travis since I broke up with him.

"Fine," I finally stated, nodding."Just a little bit, though. One glass."

Brendon grinned and took my arm, leading me to the 'bar', although it was just the room that happened to have the most alcohol. I wasn't sure what I was going to drink as he quickly mixed me a glass, but I knew as soon as I took the first sip that I was going to enjoy it. I finished my first glass quickly. "One more," I said with a small laugh after a few moments - "But that's it. That was good."

I lost track of how many glasses I'd drunk and somehow amidst the party I'd managed to lose Brendon, who'd faithfully stayed true to his promise as I slowly became more and more intoxicated.

Things went downhill quickly - I was in the bathroom, fixing my hair, when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out, expecting to see a text message... but the caller ID simply said Call From - Travis.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself, as I turned to shut the bathroom door. Once closed, I answered the call with a quick "Hello?"

"Hey, Chloe." He said, his voice quiet, different than what I was used to hearing. "Do you have a minute to talk?"

My head spun. This call, this scene... it was backwards. He was sober, I was drunk. "Sure," I mumbled, unsure of what I was getting myself into.

"Look, um... You weren't serious about breaking up with me, were you?"

"Yeah, I was, Travis. I've had enough of your shit." The words left my mouth uncontrollably... and if I heard myself correctly, they were quite slurred. I closed the toilet seat lid and sat down.

"Calm down, Chlo-" His words froze. I was sure he noticed the difference in my voice. "Are you alright? Something sounds weird."

"I'm fine," I said slowly, although the speed with which I talked failed to change the clarity of my words. "We're at a hotel - it's someone's birthday."

"Are you drunk?"

"Um, I... I guess?" I mumbled, suddenly embarrassed.

"What the hell, Chloe?" He snapped. "I was calling to apologize - for my constant drinking, for how I always acted... But, never mind." He sounded angry.

"You get pissed at me, for drinking once," I said, clearly upset, "But I had to deal with how you drink, all the time, for a year? Something here doesn't make sense..."

"You didn't have to deal with me!" He yelled. I don't know what stuck a nerve - the fact I was drunk, or the words I said. "You could have left any time, you chose to tolerate everything."

"I saw something better in you, Travis," I snapped, "It was a false hope, but it was there. I broke up with you when I did because I realized I'd been wrong. So don't come to me, looking for an apology, trying to get back together," I was crying, but not due to sadness.

I heard a sigh through the phone. "Call me back when you can speak, Chloe. I'm not going to argue with you when you're completely wasted." Travis said simply.

"Fuck you."

My phone slammed shut after I said the first response that came to my mind.

With a blank mind, other than contemplating the phone call, I stared at the bathroom wall for what must have been five minutes.

Before I realized what I was doing, I stood and threw my phone, as hard as I could, towards the bathroom door. There was a satisfying crack as it made contact, and I walked over to it and kicked it away from the door before I walked out, looking for anyone.

Although in the back of my mind I knew it was Brendon I was searching for.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D COMMENT!