Let Me Perfect It

Cut Off My Hand Or Yours?

Image

Sophie's POV:

"Get away from me" I snapped.

"That" William smirked holding up our wrist is impossible, unless you start being nice to me"

"Fat chance"

"Then you are stuck with me" he answered and pulled back on his wrist forcing me to move closer to him. "Wasn't playing one show stuck with me bad enough?" he asked.

I sighed at the memory.

"So I bet you all are wondering why the lovely Sophie and I are stuck together" William smiled taking the mic from my hand.

I glared daggers at him as I heard a few of the girls snicker at my furry.

"That is because Miss Molly and Sisky Biz decided that we need to become better friends" he chuckled "so we are stuck together until then"

I snatched the mic back "You can talk when its you own set Beckett" I growled covering the mic.

"Be nice Sophie" he purred in my ear before stepping back a little and letting me start the first song.


Luckily he hadn't said anything farther on the matter during his set but I was sure it was all over you-tube and such already that William Beckett and Sophie Prescott were handcuffed together.

"Could have been worse" I growled, moving to the changing room that all the bands shared.

I was surprised to find Brendon and Chloe sitting on the couch, a movie playing on the small TV.

"We have hotels and I can't even shower because of you! let alone chance my shirt!"

"You could take a shower" William smirked wiggling his eyebrows "I wouldn't mind"

"Brendon save me" I begged "This boy is driving me mad! I'm about to saw my own hand off, or even better his"

"Hey I need my hand to play guitar" William argued.

"No you don't" I shot back "Mike and Michael can play"

"Doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing Sophie. Why don't you saw off your own hand?"

"That doesn't sound like getting along" I heard Molly call from the other room, followed by Josie's snickers.

"You owe me Urie!" I snapped, my attention being turner to Brendon, who also had been snickering. "I helped you!"

"What did you help him with?" Chloe asked looking surprised.

"Ask him" I answered pointing at Brendon.

"What did she help you with?"

"Uh" Brendon answered his face becoming red with a blush "nothing"

I could tell by the look on Chloe's face that she thought it was something far worse than it really was. I would have to talk to her later about that.

"You guys are playing soon" William pointed out looking at his watch.

I sighed "Oh the joy"

"Quit pouting and move it" William smiled smacking my ass causing me to turn and glare at him.

"Touch me again Beckett and I swear" I growled.

"You'll what?" William smirked "Slap me? You're not scary Sophie, no matter how much you think you are and you can't make me turn and run away"

"Whatever" I growled before leaving the room, William of course being still attached to my wrist, followed me.

My set went fine with William allowing me to move around s atge as much as I wanted. It wasn't until we got to his set did anything bad happen.

"This last song" William said his smile falling slightly as he looked at me for a second as if trying to make up his mind about something "is called About A Girl"

I gave him a strange look. Normally they played The Phrase That Pays last in their set.

He looked away from me and began singing.

"One song about a girl
Can't breathe when I'm around her
I wait here everyday
In case she'll scratch the surface
She'll never notice..."


William didn't move around stage as much as normal. Instead he stayed close by my side, not pulling on me at all.

"I'm not in love
This is not my heart
I'm not gonna waste these words
About a girl

Last night, I knew what to say
But you weren't there to hear it
These lines, so well rehearsed
Tongue-tied and overloaded
You never notice
"

I noticed as William's eyes flickered from the crowd to me for a moment.

"I'm not in love
This is not your song
I'm not gonna waste these words
About a girl

To be loved, to be loved
What more could you ask for?
To be loved, to be loved
Everyone wants to be loved, to be loved
What more could you ask for?
To be loved, to be loved
Everyone
"

William was facing me now, moving closer as I backed away.

"I'm not in love
This is not my heart
I'm not gonna waste these words

I'm not in love
This is not my heart
I'm not gonna waste these words
About a girl
"

He grabbed my shoulders stopping me from moving back anymore, we were standing almost in the middle of the stage.

What was he doing?

"I'm not in love (To be loved, to be loved, what more could you ask for?)
This is not your song (To be loved, to be loved, everyone)
I'm not gonna waste these words (wants to be loved, to be loved)
About a girl
"

I tried to step back once more, but William pulled on my wrist causing me to fall into him, his lips catching with mine as the last words of the song were leaving his mouth.

I stood there for a moment not pulling away, but not kissing back. William pulled away after a moment or two and smiled at me. His smile quickly vanished as my hand connected with his face in the form of a slap causing the cheering crowd to go silent in shock.