Let Me Perfect It

I Suppose I'm Pessimistic.

Image

Chloe's POV

I suppose I'm pessimistic. In a situation, like my current one, where I don't know one aspect of a story, it's in my nature to automatically assume the worst.

I was oblivious to the fact that Brendon and Sophie spoke, let alone spoke enough that he owed her for something.

It could be anything. What if he wanted to get away from me? It's probable... I mean, ever since I told him about Travis, I've sort of grown attached.

After a sad attempt at shoving the thoughts to the back of my mind, I went to find Sophie. I had to figure out what was going on. Having this idea in my head for the past day was not good; I swear it was going to drive me insane.

I found her sitting at a table on the bus, eating mac and cheese. The small amount of hope I'd had that she was by herself faded when I remembered she was currently handcuffed to William. They were the only others on the bus, though, so I could still talk to Sophie. Knowing my best friend, she'd make a threat to William's reproductive rights before he even had the idea of telling anyone the conversation.

"Hey Chloe," Sophie smiled as I sat down across from her.

"Hey," I answered looking at my hands, feeling awkward.

"Everything okay?" she asked worriedly.

I smiled, would Sophie ever stop worrying so much? I highly doubted it, but it was always nice to know she cared. I glanced at William and then back to Sophie.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to ask you something."

Sophie tilted her head at me curiously and then caught my glance at William. She took a small fist full of his hair and pulled hard. "You will not listen or repeat anything Chloe and I talk about, got it?" she growled.

"There are such things as saying please," William said, managing to get his hair out of her fist "and I wont say anything. Jeeze."

"Anyways, Chloe... what's wrong?" Sophie said, turning to me and smiling softly.

"Um.. Well, it's just..." I stammered, "Why won't you or Brendon tell me what it is that he owes you for?"

"I tried to get him to tell you," Sophie said with a small laugh. "It won't have the same effect, if I do the talking."

"He insists that it's nothing, he won't tell me!" I sighed.

"Then, it's nothing." Sophie said with a small laugh. "I don't know why you're worrying so much over this."

"Sophie," I whined, "You should know! He's the first person I've told about Travis and I actually like him and you know I always worry!" The words left my mouth quickly. "What if he just thinks I'm clingy and annoying?"

"Travis?" William spoke up, giving me a strange look.

"It's nobody," Sophie snapped. "Nobody you should care about, at least. Now shut it, Beckett."

He just rolled his eyes and looked away from us. I heard him quietly groan, "This is hell..." and for a moment I felt sorry for him, having to constantly be attached to someone who practically bites his head off for everything he does.

"Chloe," Sophie said, breaking me from my thoughts, "I really don't think he thinks that, at all. But, you should try and figure that out for yourself." She smiled.

I thought for a moment - try and find out for myself? That means Sophie actually approves of a guy. "Who are you, and what have you done with my best friend?" I asked with a laugh.

"He's a nice kid," Sophie said with a laugh. "Hasn't done anything to prove he's not." She grinned.

I returned the smile and stood. Something told me she knew more about what I was going to get myself into than what she was letting on, but at the moment I didn't care.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D