Let Me Perfect It

In English, Please?

Image

Chloe's POV

I knocked lightly on the door of Panic's bus, half hoping someone would hear and half hoping the opposite. I wanted to tell Brendon how I felt but I was still worried he wouldn't feel the same- I didn't want things to be awkward.

"Come in," came Brendon's voice, causing my heart to race.

I opened the door and saw him sitting on the couch, his back resting against the arm as he stared at the TV. His brown hair was messy as if he had just woken up, but the look went well with the shadow on his jaw showing he had yet to shave this morning. His brown eyes had a sleepy look as he watched the TV, but as he made eye contact with me they widened along with his smile.

"Hey Chloe," he said softly, his gravelly voice making it more obvious that he'd just woken up.

"Hi," I smiled, walking over to the couch. He moved so I could sit next to him. "What are you watching?" I asked, looking towards the TV.

"Weekend at Bernie's," He said, glancing towards the TV for a moment. "Why are you here so early?"

This made me look at the clock... it was almost noon. I laughed and said, "I've actually got to ask you about something," I said with a small smile.

If I don't do this now, while I've suddenly got the confidence, I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to do it later

"What's wrong?" He asked, turning so he was facing me, away from the television.

"You remember the other day, when I ended up staying here, after Sisky's party?" The confidence in my voice was quickly fading. He nodded and I continued, "Well, it's actually not really a question but more like I wanted to do this but didn't, because really, its unlike me and I don't want to seem weird..." The words left my mouth quickly, and I wasn't really sure where the statement was going.

Brendon cocked his eyebrow and laughed. "In English, please?"

"Well, it's just that I've um, kind of..." I mumbled, searching through my brain for the right words. Eventually I gave up and decided to get my point across in the quickest way possible.

I leaned forward and kissed him.

When I pulled away from him I couldn't help but look down, hiding the blush in my cheeks; not to mention the fact that my heart was racing and I was nervous to see his reaction.

Brendon's POV

Holy shit.

It took me a moment to really register what Chloe had just done. I stared at her blushing face in shock, noticing her sneak a glance towards me every few moments.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, standing from the couch. "I'll just go."

Go? Go where?

I grabbed her hand and pulled her back to me, pressing her lips against to mine in a soft kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Commenttt