Let Me Perfect It

Tight Pants, Bad Hair, And Crappy Music

Image

Sophie's POV

"I called your house last night"

Chloe looked at me surprised "Y-You did? I-I must not have heard it"

She didn't hear it because she wasn't home. She had been at that asshole's house, but I wasn't going to call her on it. My role in the band had always been protector, wither the rest of the girls liked it or not. If I didn't approve of the guy the girls knew better than to try and argue with me, it wasn't worth the effort. But with Chloe I had no say in the matter. I had tried time and time again, all I could do now was be there when she needed me when things went wrong.

"I was going to tell you about this" I held up the letter I had gotten in the mail, I had yet to open it. It wasn't in fact addressed to me. To my house yes, but it was meant for the whole band and it didn't seem fair to open it without the rest of the band.

"What is it?" Angie asked appearing out of nowhere, followed by Josie and Molly.

I smiled. Seeing as I had gotten the letter I had already gotten over my freak out of who the letter said it was sent from. I held the letter out to Chloe who read the return address.

Her eyes got wide before she was able to utter the name "Pete Wentz"

"What?" Josie asked excitedly grabbing for the letter but I had gotten it from Chloe's hand first.

"Shall we open it?" I grinned.

"Yes!" Molly basically yelled.

I smiled even wider as the girls all stared at the envelope as if Pete Wentz or a million dollars were going to explode out of it. I ripped open the top and pulled out the letter and began to read.

"Whats it say?" Angie asked excitedly.

My jaw dropped and I looked from the letter to the four girls all staring at me still.

"Sophie!" Molly almost yelled again.

"We got a tour"

"What?"

"We got a tour" I repeated in shock.

"Let me see that" Josie said taking the letter from Pete from my hands.

I watched as Josie read the letter for herself, Angie, Molly and Chloe all reading over her shoulder and trying to take it from her a few times.

When they had finished the letter we looked at each other, from one to the other before at the same time and did something I thought none of us would ever do. We screamed like school girls who had just gotten a date from the hottest guys in school. After a few minutes we all calmed down and looked at each other.

"We shall never speak of what just happened" Molly stated.

"Agreed" the rest of us said nodding and laughing.

"We have to call him" I said taking the letter from Angie and pulling out my cell phone "Who is going to do it?"

Everyone took a few steps away from me. Although we were all excited about the letter and being offered to be on tour, none of us wanted to call for one simple reason. What if it wasn't real? that this was a dream or some stupid prank.

I sighed and typed the number into my phone, looking at my band for a second before pressing send and waiting as it rang. I could feel my heart racing as my band watched me waiting, hoping.

"Hello?" a female voice asked.

'Uh hi t-this is Sophie Merrick and-"

"Oh Miss Merrick we have been waiting for your call"

My eyes got wide "Y-You have?"

"Of course, one moment, I'll transfer your call to Mr. Wentz"

I knew everyone had heard 'Mr. Wentz' by how wide their eyes had gone. I'm sure mine were just as bad.

"You're going to talk to Pete?" Angie asked.

"Hello this is Pete" a male voice came on.

"H-Hi this is Sophie-"

"Sophie! I've been waiting for your call. I was given a demo of your band and was very impressed"

I just stared at my band mates not answering. I mean yeah we are good, but I never thought good enough to catch Pete or any record label's attention.

"There is a last minute space for an opening on The Tight Pants, Bad Hair, And Crappy Music Tour which my band will be headlining and I was hoping your band would fill that empty space"

"What is he saying?" Molly whispered excitedly.

"And if you do well on tour I'll have One Last Request will be signed to Decaydance"

I almost dropped the phone.

"Hello? Sophie are you still there?"

I snapped back into reality "We would love to do the tour" I answered smiling. "When does it start?"

"I'm glad to hear it. Tour starts in a week and by then I will have a tour bus ready to pick you five up and I'll see you when tour starts"

This had to be a dream