Let Me Perfect It

Sophie's Apartment

Image

Sophie's POV:

I yawned a bit standing up form my place next to William on the couch. I had plans to head home for the night. Although I didn't have a family waiting for me like Chloe or any of the other girls, I did have a huge comfy bed that hadn't been slept in in a long time.

"Where are you going?" William pouted as i moved towards the bus door.

"Home" I answered smiling.

He gave me a confused look.

"I'm from New York William" I laughed, "Why would I sleep on a bus in those small bunks when a nice big bed is waiting for me in my apartment?"

"Big enough for two?" he asked wiggling his eye brows at me.

I rolled my eyes and let out of small laugh. "You are not staying in my apartment Beckett"

"Come on" Pete smirked "The poor guy will be lonely without you"

William threw a glare at Pete. I was a little surprised, Pete was always teasing William and I and normally William just shrugged it off or teased Pete back.

I sighed once more "You're sleeping on the couch. Go get some cloths packed to take with you. Meet me on my bus" I stood on my tip toes and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before leaving the bus and heading towards mine.

William POV

As soon as Sophie had closed the door behind her Pete started running his mouth.

"Looks like you're gonna win the bet" he smirked crossing his arms.

"Shut up man" I snapped walking past him and into the bunk area. I grabbed a shirt and some other cloths shoving them all into my smallest bag.

"Whats your problem?" Pete asked following me.

"I don't want to do the bet" I growled. "I didn't want to from the beginning but you guys talked me into it"

"Its not a big deal" Pete snorted. "besides its too late to back out now, you already agreed"

I looked at my friend, I couldn't understand how Pete could be so heart less. Yeah he had always been a bit of an ass and sometimes went a little far with his pranks and jokes, but this was too much even for him. To not care about just how bad it could hurt Sophie.

"If she finds out it'll break her heart"

"Then don't let her find out" he answered simply before leaving the bus.

I shook my head free of the thought s of the bet or of what Pete had said. I couldn't hurt Sophie, even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to allow myself to. After everything I had done to crack that thick shell she used to keep people out of her heart I couldn't bring myself to do anything that might cause her to shove me back out of her feelings and affections.

Truth be told the last month since Sophie had told me about her parents have been one of my happiest in a long time. I sound like I dork I know but the girl I had first met and the girl Sophie became when she finally stopped fighting me were completely different people.

The old Sophie had been intoxicating to me. No matter how mean or rude she was to me I wanted more, to get closer and closer to her. I had never seen her do anything but glare at me and refused to crack a smile my way. She was cold and always angry, but I was falling for her anyway.

There was no word that could fit this new Sophie. She was always smiling and holding my hand. Her laugh was contagious and I could never be in a bad mood as long as she was around. I swear her smile could light up a room if she wanted and her mood was a lot more carefree. I was falling in love with this girl already and it was scaring me, but didn't want it to stop.

Sophie's POV

I looked around the bus for a moment.

"Whatca looking for?" Molly asked watching me with interest.

I had thought all the girls would be staying at their own places. Chloe and Brendon were currently at Chloe's parents having dinner. That would be interesting to see, her parents barley liked me due to 'dragging' their daughter into a rock band as they put it. I could only imagine what they would think of Brendon who was in a band himself.

Molly and Josie were both going to share a hotel room and Angie I just knew was sitting on the couch looking as cranky as ever. I really wish I knew what her problem was lately.

"My alarm clock" I answered.

"Why do you need it?"

"I'm staying at my apartment tonight, I miss my bed." I smiled, picking up my bag. "Plus I can get some different cloths to wear for the rest of tour. I'm not going to be able to get the smell of sweat out of these"

"Are you ready to go?" William asked poking his head in the door.

I smiled at him "I'll be there in a minute, go wait by my truck. It's a silver Ford Ranger"

"Alright" he smiled before closing the door.

"Wow, Sophie."

I looked over at Angie surprised. This was the first time she had talked to me in almost a month. "What?"

"Just wow. Taking him to your apartment, already?" she answered snidely.

"What, the, hell...?" I answered glancing over at Molly for help.

I knew Angie to get a little testily sometimes but this was stupid.

"It's just hard to believe."

"He is sleeping on the couch Angie"

"Sure. Whatever" she snapped before storming off the bus.

"What is her problem lately?" Molly asked seeming to be just as surprised as me.

I sighed and shook my head "I have no idea. i guess I'll see you tomorrow before the show, maybe one of you can find out why she is so cranky and why it seems to be directed at me"

Molly gave me a hug and a weak smile "Have fun"

"Will do"

-----------------------

"Wow" William said looking around as we entered my apartment.

"What?"

"My place back in Chicago isn't this nice"

I shrugged "I've had it since I was in college, benefit of being a foster kid is the government helps you find a nice place to live while going to school. Rent sucks now that I have to pay it though. I forced Pete to pay for the months I'm on tour" I laughed a Little at the last part even though I had promised to pay him back.

"Wish he would do that for me" William chuckled.

"Couch pulls out into a bed" I yawned "Kitchen is to the left, bathroom is down the hall first room to the right and my my bedroom is at the end of the hall if you need anything.

"Are you really going to make me sleep on the couch?" he pouted.

I smirked and didn't answer before heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower and change into my PJs. They were red and black with Xs and Os all over the legs and across the chest of the tank top read the words 'hug me and die'

When I exited the bathroom I couldn't see William in the living room. I looked around confused, his bag was sitting by the couch that hadn't been pulled out into bed form yet. I looked in the kitchen and pouted. had he left because of the couch thing? I had only been kidding but why would he have left his bag?

I walked to my room a little upset and turned on the light to find a sleeping William curled up in my bed. I smiled and laughed quietly for a moment before turning the light off again and walking over to the bed. I removed the covers, slipped under them and then replaced them again.

A few minutes later I felt William wrap his arms around me and pull me close against him. i hadn't noticed before that he was only in his boxers, I was glad it was dark otherwise he would have been able to see me blushing.

"I thought you were going to wake me up and kick me out of your bed" he said softly in the dark as I rested my head on his chest.

"I thought you had left" I answered.

William tightened his grip on my waist, pulling me even more close if it was possible "I'll never leave you"

"Promise?"

"Promise"
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda cute =]
Angie is being a jerk =[