Let Me Perfect It

You made it out!

Image

Chloe's POV

I managed to fall asleep on my bunk for a while, but was awoken by a sharp pang of hunger in the pit of my stomach. It must've been almost two days since I'd eaten more than the poptarts or small snacks my friends left on my bunk. I was so glad that despite the fact that I couldn't bring myself to talk to anyone, or listen to the pitying tone that would inevitably be in all of their voices, my bandmates never stopped trying.

Or Brendon, who probably thinks I'm furious with him, with the way I stormed off. With the way I still haven't been able to say a word to him. I needed to change that.

Slowly, I moved myself out of my bunk. When I stood, I noticed a piece of paper folded at the end of my bed. A small smile crept onto my face as I read the words.

if you're up for it, meet me outside at 3

I looked at the nearest clock to make sure I hadn't already missed it to see that it was already 2:30. I walked into the bathroom and fixed my hair into a loose braid on one side. Once my hair was done, I walked back to the bunk area and dug through my clothes. I changed into a pair of dark skinny jeans and a loose-fitting blue top with a purple floral design, along with my tall silver boots. I had some time left, so the next step was makeup.

Nevermind.

My eye was dark and bruised; trying to cover it with makeup would be pointless. With a sigh, I walked back to the bunks to find a pair of sunglasses. Finally, with my eye covered, I opened the door to leave the bus.

No one was outside, which was a little confusing. I looked around, taking a few steps away from the bus to see if someone was going to like, pop out of nowhere or something. After standing outside for a few minutes, I turned around to go back in to see another folded paper taped onto the door.

if you found this, you've made it out, yay! there is a park two blocks away. i drew a little map, just follow it. see you soon!

Below the words was a small doodle of a map that was barely necessary. I put the note into my pocket and walked towards the park. After a few uneventful minutes I was there.

Instead of finding another note like I'd expected, the park held something much better. A few yards past the entrance I saw none other than Brendon Urie, waiting on a stretched out blanket with an arrangement of food; next to him on the blanket as well was a small vase holding flowers. My eyes widened and my mouth spread into a grin I couldn't have stopped if I'd wanted to; I picked up my pace to a light jog to get to this impromptu picnic faster.

Brendon stood to greet me, pulling me into a tight hug. "I'm so glad you came," He said quietly, and I couldn't help but smile.

We both sat down and I looked between him and the flowers for a few moments until my gaze dropped to the blanket. "I'm sorry," I mumbled. "This is great. I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" He asked, eyebrows knitting together. "I should be apologizing, okay?"

"I shut you out. I asked you to stay with me but wouldn't let you. I'm sorry."

"Chloe, it's okay," He said, smiling softly.

"I, just, I was hurt. And everyone saw it. And everyone knows. It's overwhelming. I feel so stupid for even talking to him."

"Chloe, listen," Brendon said, looking me straight in the eye. "You're okay. You aren't stupid. We are all here for you. Everyone knows, yeah. But that means everyone can help, if he comes back, okay? Don't think of it as a bad thing. The girls are here for you, and always have been. And I'm here, okay? Don't forget that. I'm staying."

Without another thought, I leaned forward and kissed him. He returned it, and I felt a passion in the kiss that was deeper than the past. We pulled apart for a moment, and Brendon spoke again. "I - I think I'm in love with you, Chloe Summers."

I froze. I couldn't respond - had I heard him correctly? I couldn't have. There was no way he could be in love with me, was there?
---

Molly's POV

"Sophie, is everything okay?" I asked, crashing onto the couch next to my friend. "You look upset."

"There's just a lot on my mind," She mumbled.

"More than everything with Chloe?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

"Angie," She said simply. "She said something... really weird. About William."

"What'd she say?"

"Something about a bet. I don't know. It was weird; when she said it she looked like she'd won something, but I have no idea what she was talking about."

"Have you talked to him?" I asked. Usually Sophie was the one to know exactly what to do in any situation and right now, she seemed lost.

"I should, but I can't." She sighed. "I don't want it to be something bad..."

"It probably isn't, Sophie. But you won't find out until you ask him, you know? If it's bothering you this much, you can't just ignore it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey dudes, long time no see! Sorry Nichole and I vanished for like, a century.

ALSO this is permanent jetlag; under a new username because i deactivated my account and then nicole dragged me back in and I couldn't get it back. womp.