Let Me Perfect It

Let's Get Sexy!

Image

William's POV

"Sophie."

She seemed to stiffen at the sound of my voice. However when she turned to look at me there was no real expression, as if she was simply glancing at a stranger.

"Sophie can we talk?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head, the way I knew she thought was cute.

Her entire band were all giving me matching death glares. Luckily for me, none of them were all that scary minus Sophiw when she was murder mad. After seeing her smile, laugh, be playful and fall in love with me she would never be able to scare me again.

"I don't really think you have anything to say to her," Angie hissed.

Angie of all people had no room to be glaring at me. She had known about the bet from the beginning and had only told Sophie to hurt her. Why was Angie do easy to forgive but not me?

"I don't believe I said anything to you." I snapped at her.

"Don't snap at her Beckett." Sophie growled.

As stupid as it sounded, the worlds were almost like music to my ears, I hadn't been able to get her to look at me for days, let alone talk in my direction.

"Please?" I almost begged "Just sixty seconds."

Sophie sighed and looked back at her band "I'll meet you guys by the stage in a second."

The four girls glared at me as the left. Sophie looked at her watch. Was she really only giving me exactly sixty seconds?

"I don't know what Pete told you about the bet-"

"He told me all I needed to know." Sophie hissed. "I don't care to hear more on the subject."

"You won't even let me explain myself?" I sighed, eyebrows kitting together.

"There is nothing to explain." she glared, "You're a jackass and we are done."

Done?

Well of course we were done. I would have broken up with me to if I were in her shoes.

"Sophie please."

"Your sixty seconds are over." she frowned, "and it's time for my band to play."

I watched leave and kicked the ground lightly, scuffing my shoe.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" I heard Sophie call into the microphone. "I am newly single, so let's get Sexy!"

I found myself wandering toward the side of the stage. Thier set went pretty normal right up until their last song.

"I don't know about you folks." she smiled into the mic "but for me the most annoying thing about ending a relationship is all the random crap of theirs you find lying around your apartment and in your car."

Sophie paused for a moment as the crowd cheered. She must have seen me in the corner of her eye, because she turned her head and smirked at me.

"I've always found selling their shit a better option than keeping it around in case you have a chance to return it."

I looked over at Angie as she played played a the beginning of a song I knew way too well.

"So," Sophie sang playfully "Attention bidders! It's Lot 45.
He's got a decent voice, he's got that crooked smile."

My jaw dropped and the crowd went crazy with cheering.

"Hold on, you haven't heard the best yet." she laughed, before singing again. "He writes good storylines, he's got those honest eyes.
So take him home for just $9.95.
He'll sing the songs you like, he'll keep you warm at night,"

"That folks." she smiled into the mic "is over advertising. Our last song tonight is a cover of a friend of ours."

I frowned and expected Sophie to finish the song but instead, the music changed and the entire band started playing another song I recognized.

"Close the door and take the stairs.
Up or down? Ups and downs.
Don't pretend you've never been there.

You kiss me like an overdramatic actor
who's starving for work,
with one last shot to make it happen.

You've won the role,
you've played your part,
you've been cordially invited.

But I'm not impressed,
and I'm definitely not excited.
'Cause the film runs a shallow budget,
and the writer's subject script isn't any deeper.
So dive right in...

Hollywood hills and suburban thrills,
hey you, who are you kidding?
I'm not like them. I won't buy in.

Hollywood hills and suburban thrills,
hey you, who are you kidding?
Don't quit 'til 47.
Then we'll turn it up and we'll play a little faster.

Take back everything you ever said.
You never meant a word of it.
You never did.
Take back everything you said.
You never meant a word of it.
You never did.

She said 'Alright, Alright, slow down!"
Oh no, oh no, we won't. '
Cause I regret every thing that I said
To ever make her feel like she was something special,
Or that she ever really mattered.
Or did she ever really matter?

Hollywood hills andsuburban thrills,
hey you, who are you kidding?
I'm not like them. I won't buy in.
Hollywood hills and suburban thrills,
just don't count on this summer.
Don't quit 'til 47.
Then we'll turn it up and we'll play a little faster.

Take back everything you ever said.
You never meant a word of it. You never did.
Take back everything you said.
You never meant a word of it. You never did.

I'm not saying that I'm not breaking some hearts tonight, girl.
Oh... I'm not saying that I'm not breaking some hearts tonight, girl.
Alright, alright, slow down...

Take back everything you ever said.
You never meant a word of it. You never did.
Take back everything you said.
You never meant a word of it. You never did.

Hollywood hills and suburban thrills, hey you, who are you kidding? I'm not like them. I won't buy in."

"Dude," Pete appeared at my side "Did she just bitch slap you with your own song?"

"Who wants to make out with me gentlemen?" Sophie yelled into the crowd.

I frowned as the crowd cheered.

"Ladies?" she smirked.

This was met by an even louder cheer. Sophie took off toward the front of the stage and before I could even take a step forward to stop her, she had done a flip off the stage and into the crowd.

"Yeah," I answere softly "I think she did."