Let Me Perfect It

It's All About The Lyrics Baby

Image

Sophie's POV

"Ladies and gentlemen!" I yelled into the mic, causing the crowd to cheer.

I couldn't believe this was our last night of tour. It had been one hell of a ride, but I was ready for it to be over. Now that we were moving to Vegas, Chloe and Angie had become less mopey over the last couple of days. I was happy that they had found someone on this tour even if I hadn't.

"This is the last song of the last show of the first major tour One Last Request has played!" I called, causing another cheer to rise from the crowd. "Are you ready to get sexy with us one last time?"

I had been saying that for the last week and I wasn't quite sure why. I had said it to annoy William and then it had become habit. We launched into our last song and I began jumping around the stage, singing. I had held a brave face in front of the girls and tried not to think about everything that had happened between William and I. It was only when I was on stage singing that I felt complete ease and the whole thing left my mind.

"One last time all you sexy things?" I called as the song ended, once more doing a flip into the crowd.

The kids caught me easily enough and the same thing happened that had been happening every time I did this for the last week. I was quickly dragged down into the crowd and covered in lipstick, I swore some of the guys put it on just so they could leave a set a red lips on cheek or shoulder.

I let out a laughed as security got to me and pulled me out of the crowd.

"Really Sophie?" one of them laughed, setting me down on my feet on the other side of the barricade.

"Common." I smirked "It's the last show you could have left me over there a bit longer, eh?"

The guy rolled his eyes, before turning his gaze back to the crowd. My band had already exited the stage and William and his band had taken their places. William was looking down at me disapprovingly and I stuck out my tongue at him. He raise an eyebrow and addressed the crowd.

"I hope you all still have room for us after having your fill of the ever lovely Sophie and her band?"

I frowned and made my way backstage, trying to find my band.

"You are covered in lipstick." Molly laughed as I came into the backstage hangout.

"I know." I laughed "Who would have thought so many girls would attack me."

"I saw a few of those guys putting lipstick on before the song ended." Angie commented, raising an eyebrow at me. "I fear you have started something Sophie." she added with a smile.

"They just can't handle the sexiness of me." I laughed back.

"It that a hicky?" Brendon asked, wrinkling his nose.

"Probably." I sighed "One of the little shits bit my collar bone."

"Again?" Josie asked.

"Again," I smirked back "Although last time it was my shoulder and my neck. Only one bit me this time."

"Don't put yourself in that situation then. Is it really worth it just to make the crowd cheer a little?"

I turned and saw William standing in the doorway. I looked at my watch, they were done playing already?

"The kids like it." I smiled.

"That's our Sophie." Molly smiled at me "Crowd pleaser to the end."

"Spencer told me to tell you, you guys are up." William told Brendon, turning to look at him.

"Are you going to watch us play tonight?" he asked looking at Chloe. She smiled and nodded, before being dragged out of the room.

"I wanna see Spencer play." Angie smiled, taking off after the two love birds.

Josie and Molly were both looking between William and I as if they were waiting for the next big thing on a soap opera to happen.

"Can you ladies leave us alone for a bit?" William asked.

Molly and Josie both looked at me and I shrugged in response. What was the worse the kid could do? They both hugged e before leaving the room, leaving William and I alone.

"Are you still mad at me?"

I smirked, deciding I wasn't going to make this easy for him. "You're shallow as a shower."

"Excuse me?"

"Thanks for the memories, even if they weren't that great."

William frowned and I had to keep from laughing.

"Are you quoting lyrics at me?" he asked, confused.

"If you lie, you don't deserve to have friends."

William smirked at me.

Jack-ass thought it was funny!

"Alright Sophie, I'll play your game."

"It's better if you do." I smiled back.

"That is a Panic! at the Disco song title not a lyric." he corrected me.

I glared "I've got a dark alley and a bad idea that says you should shut your mouth."

"Still song titles."

"Have you ever been fake for the sake of saving face?" I asked, titling my head to the side.

"You think I was faking it the whole time?" he asked, looking hurt.

"We never stood a chance, and I'm not sure if it matters."

"Of course it matters," he growled "I thought you loved me."

"I don't love you, I'm just passing the time." I answered easily.

"I know that's not true." he sighed.

"I thought I loved you, it was just how you looked in the light."

"Don't lie to me Soph." he snapped.

I had hit a nerve.

"The best part of believe is the lie." I shrugged.

"Sophie," he sighed "Please."

I stood up quickly and closed the space between us, wrapping my arms around his neck. I couldn't help but tease the guy a little, I had always loved watching him squirm. "isn't this exactly where you'd like me I'm exactly where you'd like me, you know praying for love in a lap dance?"

"You know what I want from you Sophie." he answered softly.

"To wear me like a locket around your throat? I'll watch you choke," I smirked, running one of my hands down his chest lightly. "you look so good in blue."

He wrapped his arm around my waist "No."

"How cruel is the golden rule? When the lives we lived are only golden-plated and I knew that the lights of the city were too heavy for me"

"I really messed up, didn't I?" he sighed.

"I don't blame you for being you but you can't blame me for hating it." I answered softly, a sad smile on my face.

William seemed to be searching me eyes for something, I wasn't quite sure what.

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides or a fortune for your disaster?" I asked, curiously.

"I don't know how I clipped such an angel's wings." he sighed.

I smirked lightly "You only hold me up like this, cause you don't know who I really am."

"Oh." William smiled, tightening his grip on me "I know you Sophie and I hope one day i can convince you to forgive me."

"They say quitters never win." I smiled.

"Are you telling me not to give up?" he asked, his eyes lighting up a little.

"Oh, did I mention when I see you it stings like hell? To the fact that we could have something that'll never happen." I sang softly.

"We could try this again?" he seemed to almost be pleading with me, begging to be forgiven.

"You're a canary, I'm a coal mine. New York eyes, Chicago thighs, pushed up the window to kiss you off the truth hurts worse than anything I could bring myself to do to you."

"You skipped some lyrics in there."

I shrugged.

"So that's a no?" he asked softly.

"I speak fast and I'm not gonna repeat myself, no." I told him sadly.

I missed William more than he knew, but I couldn't be with him. Just seeing him still made my heart ache, I couldn't handle being with him and knowing what he had done.

He let out a sad sigh before pressing his lips hard against mine, I kissed back for a moment before pulling back.

"You kiss me like an over-dramatic actor who's starving for work, with one last shot to make it happen. You've won the role, you've played your part, you've been cordially invited. But I'm not impressed, and I'm definitely not excited." I sighed back, removing myself from his arms.

William smirked "Don't lie Soph, I know you still like it."

"Apologies are all we'll ever be," I smiled sadly.

"They don't have to be."

"Well, you saw for yourself, the way it played out."

"For you I am blinded." he finished the lyric, half singing it.

"We're broken down on memory lane. Alone together, we're alone." I answered, kissing him one last time before leaving the room.

It wasn't until i got back to the hotel room that I lost my composure. I don't know how long it was before Chloe and the rest of the girls came into the room, to find me silently crying on my bed.

"It's okay sweetie." Chloe told me softly, running her fingers through my hair. "It'll all work out."

I smiled up at her and the girls "You guys are all I'll ever need."

"We love you too Sophie."
♠ ♠ ♠
That's all they wrote folks. Sequel coming soon!