Let Me Perfect It

Shut it, Urie.

Image

Chloe's POV

After sound check I found myself wandering through the venue, trying to find any of the girls.
No such luck. Instead, I ran into Brendon Urie.
He seemed to be walking normally again, no thanks to me.

"H-how's your foot?" I asked quietly, hoping he wouldn't hear me.
He stopped walking and looked towards me, smiling lightly. "Fine, thanks," He said. "Sorry that I, um, made you freak out like that," He said awkwardly.
"It's not your fault," I said quietly, looking towards the ground. Out of the corner of my eye, he gave me an odd look - the same one he'd given me twice in the store. "I'm just really jumpy," I added.
"Not a big deal," He said. "How'd your sound check go?"
"Fine," I mumbled.
He looked up for a moment, at a clock on the wall across the room. "You guys play soon, right?"
"Yeah." I said simply, not even looking towards the clock, or Brendon.
"Good luck out there," He smiled.
"Thanks,"

Luckily, we were saved from any more awkward conversation by a man with a headset, who walked up to me, "Finally, I found you!" He said with an exasperated sigh. "You've got to get on stage!"

I turned and walked away from Brendon, hearing his voice behind me, "Well, I'll talk to you later... then..." It trailed off.

The show was amazing. The venue was packed with people, so many more than what we were used to at our smaller shows. I was nervous at first, of course, but the feeling faded as I got into the first song.

The last song on our set list was Watch You Bleed. It went smoothly, and Sophie took her trademark bow before leaving the stage. The crowd was cheering for us as we all left the stage, and finally the lights went down as the tech guys began rearranging and setting up for TAI's set. "That was great," Molly said, stepping between Sophie and I, and putting her arms over our shoulders.

Sophie smiled and nodded in agreement. "I need tea," She said simply. Her throat was probably killing her, from all the singing and screaming she did onstage.

"You drink more tea than anything in the world," Angie smiled.

"No," Sophie corrected, "I drink more energy drinks than anything, the tea is just good for my throat otherwise I wouldn't even think of drinking it"

"Says the girl who used to force me to go over her house for tea parties when we were kids" I answered rolling my eyes.

"Tea parties?"

I looked to see Brendon smirking at us and Sophie's expression turned into a glare. "Shut it, Urie." She snapped at him.

His eyes widened for a moment, "What did I do?"

Sophie scoffed at him. "You gave poor Chloe here a heart attack, back in Wal-Mart." She said.

"It was really no big deal," I said quietly.

"See, even she-"

"Shut it." Sophie interrupted. I knew she was stubborn, but I'd never seen her get this defensive over me before. Maybe it was because I'd freaked out, did it make her realize that things with Travis and I were a lot worse that what I was willing to share?

I looked towards Brendon for a moment. He shook his head and walked away from us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its so shortttt.