Status: Read, Stay with me... Please!

Look at Me

31.

Hayden stared at the paper the social worker had given him. It said Our Lady of Sorrows. Well, that was a pleasant name for a orphanage\boy’s school. Why not just call it Our Lady of…[ OH JESUS why don’t I just hang myself and get it over with now???]
That was were he was going. Since he had no relatives that was where they were sending him to live until he turned eighteen.
Fuck my life, Hayden thought as he took a shallow breath and looked up at the ceiling. Living wasn’t easy, but did it have to be so goddamn hard?
Running a hand roughly through his unkempt hair, he looked back down. The boy’s home [Orphanage] was only two towns away. Maybe a 45 minute drive…
That wasn’t too far. Nowhere was too far away. He pictured her face. The scent of her skin…
Nothing could take her away.
Not space.
Not time.
Not anything.

***

The gentle mid-day breeze gathered up the girl’s pale hair and whipped it around her face. Laughing spontaneously she held it down and waited impatiently for her friend to get out of the car. Unconsciously, she moved closer to Gabriel until she was only a foot or so from his bench.
Without meaning to, he stared.
She was…
She was like an angel standing in the sun. Her hair was a golden halo around small elfin face and her eyes…
They were so clear blue they looked like water.
If there was evidence that a creator existed, this girl was it. It the simple grace of her delicate hands and the adorable smattering of freckles on her nose there was proof of a higher power.
But how do you tell an angel you don’t believe in God?
Gabriel wondered that dryly as his lips twisted in a cynical smile. The girl was the perfect example of perfection and innocence. She was Madonna herself and even his heart felt a stir of something like awe. But girls like that were fragile transient creatures.
Not quite in this world…
And not quite in the next.
They were too easily broken by real life and it’s cruelties.
They were too easily shorn of their wings…
♠ ♠ ♠
K. First of sorry my chapters have been soooooo short, but that's just the way my brain's been working lately.
Secondly. Lol. Jenstar15 I'm totally keeping my comments to the page now, 'cause even though I don't see why you couldn't put a comment on your story page it might be why this story got deleted once.It it a rule? EeeK!
xxxblackxxxrosexxx I havn't actually decided what to do with Gabriel quite yet. Don't tell anyone XD.
Bmorr and Edward Cullen rox thanks for reading!!! :] <3 Oh and just being random. Edward does rox ;] -Annie=]

Oh, BTW I accidentally posted this chap like 3 times. It wasn't showing up on my chapter page. LOL. Then I realized it went to the second page. Sorry it you got like nine million update notifications. :D I know. I'm retarded. LOL.

And the line "How do you tell an angel that you don't believe in God" is from a Blue October song. I thought it was too perfect. :]