Status: Read, Stay with me... Please!

Look at Me

35.

Our Lady of Sorrows…
If that wasn’t completely fucked, Gabriel didn’t know what was. The boy [Who’s name was Hayden apparently] was going there. Of all the places in the entire goddamn state, that was where they were sending him.
Curses [That were completely against the religion the people who raised him held so close] hurled violently against the blank wall in Gabe’s mind. He felt it then. The twitch that came before the blur…The anger rising to a boiling point.
Why God? Why the fuck would you send him to that place?
In seemed useless raging against a creator he no longer believed in, but old habits died hard. How could he not question a supreme being that made creatures like Hayden…like him? Wasn’t it easier just to believe God didn’t exist? Wasn’t it simpler to believe he was pure happenstance and just a wicked twist of fate? If God did exist that meant he had no mercy. No pity. It meant God would never forgive Gabriel for being born of the darkness and not the light.

“Demon. I see it in your eyes you evil cur… You see the blood. You see what you’ve done….”

Sister Beatrice’s words rang like the Sunday morning church bells.
Again…
And again…
It was like someone had put though words in his mind and pressed the repeat button for the last month and a half. Ever since he’d run away…
Gabriel cracked his knuckles, stared at the cracks in the sidewalk, tried to distract himself in any way he could. The past was something he kept locked in the furthest corner of his psyche. Only he could unlock those memories and set them free.

Click…

Click…

Click…

A lock breaks.
The door opens and he peered inside.
Why?

“Gabriel…”
He heard his name whispered in the inky black and went to turn on the lamp by his bedside. But a hand placed on his own restrained him.
“It’s me, Aileen, “a voice as pure as an angels said quietly.
He gasped and said, “You shouldn’t be here. If Sister Beatrice finds out…”
“She wont.”
Gabe felt his bed dip as extra weight was added and he knew she had down beside him. He reached his hand out blindly, expecting to feel the coarse material of her Nun’s habit. But instead, his fingers encountered a thin silky fabric [Her nightgown???]. Snatching his hand back as if he were burnt, Gabriel said again with more urgency, “You MUST leave Sister.”
“Why do you fear me Gabriel,” she just asked gently. “Is it because I see past your disguise? I know you are not like the other boys in this place. You sneak out at night sometimes and go wandering towards the woods…Don’t think everyone is as blind to your actions as Sister Beatrice.”
Cold sweat formed on Gabe’s forehead. He could feel it as panic blossomed inside him.
He licked his lips and asked, “Why are you telling me this?”
A hand reached for his, and gripped it.
“Because, you are special. I see something in you and that’s wants to make itself known.”
“I don’t think this is appropriate, Sister,” he muttered helplessly as he fought the urge to run.
“Appropriate,” she repeated mockingly. “Hmmmm…have you grown suddenly chaste in the past few hours?”
Witch, she’d seen him staring at her and too much else. And for some reason, she set out to unearth his secrets. Well, there was one sure way of distracting her. He was only 17 and he’d never actually done this sort of thing, but he was about to try.
Leaning forward his lips slammed into her…nose???
Fuck, it was too dark. He couldn’t see shit, including her. Reaching his free hand out Gabriel wound his arm around her waist and tugged her on top of him. AWKWARD….
Then he tried to locate her lips with his, but before he could she said calmly, “This is called avoidance Gabe. You’re trying to put me off the scent.”
Scent? Aileen couldn’t know. There was no way. He’d be so careful not to shift until he was deep in the woods. Silencing her with another slobbery, juvenile, kiss Gabriel groped at her and tried desperately to get her to fall into a mindless state of ecstasy.
But Aileen removed his hands from her shoulder and the curve of her thigh and said, “This really isn’t necessary Gabriel. I won’t force you to tell me. Just know if you need someone to talk to….I’m here.”

Click…

Click…

Click….

The door in Gabe’s mind closes. He slams it shut and holds it there. It wasn’t the time to think of that. Now there were much more pressing matters, firstly being to convince the Hayden boy that there was no place for him in a house of the lord.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I wrote this last night. It's a pretty good size chapter that tells more about Gabriel Vern. I guess I want him to be sort of an anti-hero :\ I hope that's a good idea. Lolz, and what kind of anti-hero doesn't try to seduce a nun???
THANKS EVERYONE for their comments. They really do make my day.
And I've seen a few new commenters. YAY!!! Welcome to my story :] It's not about vamps Lolz, though I've been sorely tempted to add them. But have so far resisted the urge. Good idea right. =] Annie