Status: Read, Stay with me... Please!

Look at Me

47.

Terry could have handled sarcasm or pretty-wolf-boy’s snotty attitude, but his honesty was just a little too much…
Everyone was being so completely honest. How could she stay mad at people who opened up and showed her themselves? If they were pissy then she could be a bitch right back. But, of course, everyone was acting sorry. How was she supposed to deal with that?
All, she wanted to do was go home. Then she could crawl into bed and pretend like the entire night hadn’t happened. What was the main chorus of that one Paramore song? “Ignorance is your new best friend” or something like that. Well, wasn’t that the truth…
Frowning, Terry looked at Gabriel and said, “You’re sitting in the front now. If you try that changing shit again I’ll probably run us into a tree. So unless you want to die, knock it off.”
Okay, not her most polite moment. But she was still angry and he was as good a target as any. She didn’t know him and probably [Hopefully!] wouldn’t see him again. So, she really didn’t care if he thought she was a bitch.
He was a freak and a pain in the ass. He really couldn’t say anything. And if he did, there was always the tree option…
She was Terry-freaking-Finchly, she told herself with more confidence than she felt. She could deal with weird. She could handle Santa Clause, Big Foot, and even Werewolves.

***

Terry got back in the car as abruptly as she left. She jumped in like a frizzy- haired streak of lightning and hugged Paige so hard she thought she felt her ribs crack. Terry was definitely a hugger. Anything from a bad grade on a report card to leprosy could be solved with a hug. If they had a fight that was always quickly solved with a bone-shattering squeeze.
So, Paige let out a big sigh of relief. Terry as always had proved to be an awesome best friend. She was probably still angry and super ticked in general, but it was going to be okay for them. It always was. Time and a few episodes of America’s Top Model was enough to cure any bad blood between them. Even when Terry had totally fallen for one of those totally creepy Jonas Brother clone thingies and Paige had called him something like that…it had all gotten better after watching anorexic girls learn how to SMIZE. Smile with their eyes…Yeah it was a guilty pleasure show…
This situation was admittedly more serious than a temporary infatuation with a Disney Channel Anti-Christ, but Paige was so happy she was having a hard time thinking clearly. She finally bounced back to planet earth, when Terry pulled away and said, “You have to get in the back seat.”
“What?” Paige murmured, looking at the quite badly scratched pleather behind her.
“I want freak boy number two somewhere where I can keep an eye on him,” Terry said shortly as she leaned over the console to open Paige’s door.
“Which would make Hayden freak boy number one…?” Paige said slowly.
“I’m accepting this, because you’re my best friend. That doesn’t change the fact that you’re totally getting some supernatural tail and he’s a total freak show,” Terry said matter- of- factly.
She really did have a way with words, Paige thought dazedly as she moved to the back seat. She didn’t necessarily feel the need to sugarcoat things though which was sometimes rather unfortunate…
Then Paige really though about Terry’s words and she almost felt like laughing. Tail…Werewolf…
Yeah, it might have been funny if it wasn’t so Goddamn ironic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wrote this. Writers block begone!