Harsh Reality

Chapter Twelve

Jack’s POV:

I woke up with Kayla next to me, my arm wrapped around her thin waist. Her very, very thin waist. That was going to start changing today.

Just as I started getting out of bed, trying to be quiet and careful not to wake her up, I heard Kayla let out a groan.

“What time is it?”

“Time for you to get a watch,” I said softly, smiling.

She rolled her eyes but still smiled at me. She sat up slowly, rubbing her eyes. Her hair was frizzy, and looked a little knotty. Her shirt was askew, showing some of the skin on her tummy.

“Stop looking at me,” She whined.

“Sorry, you’re too pretty,” I said, kissing her. She shook her head, just then her phone rang, and she flipped it open and pressed it to her ear.

“Hello?” She yawned.

She frowned at the voice on the other line, mouthed “I’ll be back” and swung her legs over the bed, walking out of the room and into the bathroom, closing the doors behind her.

I climbed out of bed as well, going through my closet and throwing on a pair of jeans and blue v-neck. I looked in the mirror, made sure my hair didn’t look like total shit, and clicked on the TV to My Wife And Kids while I waited for Kayla to return.

About twenty minutes later, I began getting worried. I went to open the bathroom door but it was locked.

“Kay?” I called out her name. “Let me in,”

“Uh, hold on,” She said. Worry and anger shot through my body. I knew what she was doing.

I quickly grabbed one of her barrettes off of my bedside table and picked the lock, opening it up and revealing a barely clothed Kayla looking in the mirror. She squealed and quickly wrapped a towel around herself. I came in anyways; its not like I haven’t seen her change before.

“What are you doing?”

“I told you to wait!”

“Why the hell aren’t you wearing clothes?” I asked.

She didn’t answer. I knew it was because she was looking at herself.

“You’re so beautiful,”

“When I look in the mirror I don’t think that. I think fat, ugly, and just not good enough. So I don’t know who you’re looking at.”

I backed her up against the wall, kissing her roughly. “What will it take for you to believe me?” I asked hopelessly.

She shrugged. “I don’t think I can believe you,” She whispered.

“Why? Don’t you trust me?” I raised my voice, getting angry. “I’m not lying to you, you can ask anybody!” I yelled. She flinched back.

“My mom was on the phone. She told me to stay away from her man and called me a whore. Rob told her that I made moves on him.” She scowled at me, walking out of the bathroom and into May’s room.

I practically ran after her, bursting into my sisters room without knocking.

“Dude I could be naked!” May cried.

I rolled my eyes. “I used to help mom change your diapers. I’ve seen everything, just in its early stages.” I turned to Kayla who was on May’s bed in her bra and panties, staring at the ground. She looked extremely good, but the fact that her ribs were sticking out just turned me off.

“Kayla, let’s just talk,” I pleaded. She looked up and me, and her eyes softened. She nodded, and followed me into my room.

Silently she went through my closet, throwing on one of my shirts and pulled a pair of my gym shorts out of a drawer, then sat down next to me.

“I love you,” I told her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. “I’m sorry for yelling. I just hate when you put yourself down. You have to believe me; you’re beautiful. But your so skinny, it’s actually… well, gross,” I said honestly.

She sighed. “I’ll try.” I brightened up a little.

“Thank you,” I smiled, kissing her deeply. “Let’s go eat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Two more chaptersss.