‹ Prequel: These Lives Of Ours.

Nothing Is Ever Perfect

And I didn't think about Pete once

I was starting to get a little worried about Chip. She usually gets lots in thought but never this much. I know we're all under a lot of stress and going through a hard time, but I'm starting to think she's taking this worse then we could have ever imagined. She's been taken away from familes so many times...it's insane to think how she's coped so well.

------------------------------------------

About half an hour later we stopped for some food. Fast food as always. I wasn't really hungry so I climbed into the bunks to avoid being trampled by the four hungry guys and one equaly starving sister.

"Hey...how you feeling?" I looked up from my drawing, which I was still working on, to see Ryan sitting on the bed across from me. I couldn't imagine why I hadn't noticed him sit down. "Uhm...I'm ok I guess." I smiled and flipped my sketchbook closed. I didn't want him asking about it. "Well...the foods here...you really should eat something." I smiled, he was such a parent sometimes. "Yes sir, your royal pain in the ass." Something in his face changed. I can't explain it...but he seemed realived. "Race you?" I thought about it..."You're on!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cheered up a littl bit after spending some time really relaxing with the boys. We ate our food, and laughed and joked like nothing was out of the ordinary. I really think that's what we all needed.

By the time the night was over I turely was exausted and so instead of watching a movie with everyone else I climbed back into the bunks without thinking once about the dreams, the drawing, or Pete himself.