‹ Prequel: These Lives Of Ours.

Nothing Is Ever Perfect

What a weird dream

I watch Chip sleep for a little while. She was all I had left now. She was what’s left of my family, and she was hurting just as much as I was. It wasn’t fair, and I didn’t want to have to leave her yet again. I wasn’t going to let that happen. I couldn’t let that happen! I finally decided to get up and left Chip to sleep.

I walked into the room where everyone was still sitting around, watching a movie but not really watching it. All our minds were on Pete, even if we were pretending we weren’t. “What are we watching?” I whispered, going along with the little act. “Uh…I forget.” Brendon whispered back, and I know he didn’t forget. He just doesn’t care. Like I said, all of ours minds are focussed completely on Pete.

------------------------------------

I was walking along side a crystal blue stream. I could see a few tiny little fish swimming along with the current. All around me where lush green trees and plants, with flowers overflowing into the stream.

The sight was perfect, but the sky was a dark grey, almost black. The clouds were slowly swirling around in the sky, not quite like a tornado but more like a warning of impending doom. There was no rain, just lightning and booming thunder to disrupt the piece of all the living things that seemed to quite and beautiful only moments before.

I started to run, trying to get away from the black clouds but it seemed like the more I ran the further they stretched until suddenly, I tripped and was falling down a seemingly never ending hole.

I finally landed and I ended up at the park. There was a boy sitting next to me on the swings. It was Ryan, only this was back when we were both still really little.

I stared at the strange boy sitting next to me on the swings. He was very good looking if you could see past all the bruises. It was quite sad and I wondered how he got all of them. I decided, for the time being, it was better not to ask. “Ryan.” Was of average height, brown hair and eyes, and of course, covered in cuts and bruises.

“Why is your whole life in that bag?” I wondered if he was in the same situation as me, but concluded that it was impossible. “I ran away from home.” He explained the whole situation with his dad, which then explained the bruises. I almost understood where he came from. I had been with an abusive family for a little while. Luckily I escaped there quickly, but the time I did spend with them was pure hell.


I shook my head and blinked a few times. I was in the concert hall now. Ryan was sitting next to me and a very angry security guard was opening the door, when in walked Pete. I wanted to jump up and hug him! He was alive! But I couldn’t move, I was pinned to the seat.

“Ok kids. What’s with the bags?” That wasn’t the question either of us expected. “Well?” I looked at Ryan and he shrugged, and then nodded. I guess we were stuck explaining our pasts and ourselves. I doubt Pete’s going to care but…he asked right?

By then end of our stories Pete looked dumbstruck. “So neither of you have anywhere to go?” We both shook our head sadly. “Well…come on then.” He got up but we just stayed sitting on the couch. “Are you coming?” Ryan and I exchanged glances before following Pete out to his limo.


I stepped into the limo but suddenly I was falling again. Falling, and falling, feeling like I was never going to stop. It was horrible, but soon I ended back beside the stream. This time the sky was clear, the few clouds were white and fluffy, and the sun was shinning brightly. This time, the river was full of toxins and dead fish. This time, the trees and plants were withered and dead. This time, the animals that normally roamed a forest were rabid and deffinatly more then a little hungry. Lunch? Me.

I stepped back, trying to calmly avoid the animals, but I went a little too far and fell backwards into the water. I felt myself being sucked away from the stream and the animals, I was falling, but I soon landed on a soft hotel bed. I looked out the window, I was back in Detroit and Andie was sitting on the bed next to me. The T.V was on and a news reporter was speaking into a microphone.

Label: Fuled By Ramen, has signed yet another new band. This new band’s CD shall be released in a few months and the title has yet to be announced. The band, currently called Panic! At The Disco, consists of four young teens, one of which is living with Wentz himself. Is this a favour to Wentz’s adopted son, or will the band really be a smash. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I was shocked, why was this all happening again? I reached for the remote and flicked the T.V off, but when the screen went black Everything around me was dark, and I slowly started walking around, trying not to trip.

After a couple minutes I saw a glowing green light. I reached out to grab it but it exploded and sent me flying backwards. I landed on the ground with a thud and hurried to pick myself back up off the ground. When I did, I saw the most shocking thing of my life.

“Pete?” He was standing in front of me, we were in a big black room, and the only light was a two small glowing blass floating around. One was white, and one was green. “Hey Chip. I missed you.” I flung myself into his arms and hugged him as tight as I could. I wouldn’t bellieve he was here. He wasn’t dead! He was alive!

“Pete! You’re back. I mean…I thought you…” He gently pushed my back and looked straight into my eyes. His face looked sad and tired, but there were no cuts or bruises. He was almost perfect. “I’m dead Chip. This is only a dream. I’m back because I’d never leave you when you needed me most. So I came back to tell you, I’ll always be here when you need me.” I smiled and almost started to cry, when suddenly he started fading away. “Pete?” I jumped back and watched as he got fainter and fainter. “We need you now!” I screamed but he just smiled a sad smiled. “I’ll be back.” He whispered, and he was gone.