‹ Prequel: These Lives Of Ours.

Nothing Is Ever Perfect

This could become a regular thing

I stood in front of the tall dark building. The sky was chruning with gray clouds and I could just barely see the black shingles lining the roof. This deffinatly was the best place to hold a funeral, seeing as the atmosphere fit what everyone was feeling.

“Are you ready?” Ryan took me hand and I paused for a moment. He was standing beisde me in a black tux with his hair slicked back, and to answer his question, no I wasn’t ready, but I lied to him anyways. “Yeah let’s go.” I gave him a weak smile and we walked into the big ceremony room, taking a seat up at the front where imidiate family was supposed to sit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ceremony went by pretty quickly. It was just a bunch of people saying the same thing over and over again. “Pete was a wonderful person.” And as for the barriel…Ryan and I didn’t stay. Patrick took us home cuz he didn’t want us to go through that. He said, and I quote, “You too have gone through enough. You need a brake.” We didn’t exactly dissagree so we just obeyed and went back to the house.

“Ryan…do you bellieve in ghosts?” He looked up from what he was writing and gave me an odd look. “Why?” I was debating whether to tell him about the dream or not. “Just answer the question.” “Well…I guess so. But why?” I smiled a little, thinking maybe Pete was still hanging around. “Just wondering. Don’t worry about it.” He frowned and went back to his writing, and I went back to my pointless thoughts.

------------------------------

The ceremony was probably the worst thing I’ve ever gone throuhg in my life, and that’s saying a lot. But seeing all these people crying, and talking about Pete, just made me realize how lucky Chip and I were. We really got to know him, and that’s a lot more then most of his fans can say.

I snuck a peak over at Chip, who was staring into space. I was wondering why she was all of a sudden interested in ghosts. Did she think she was seeing Pete? I hope she’s not loosing her mind over all the stress. I don’t think we’d be able to handle that too well.

“I think you too should get some sleep.” We turned to see Patrick at the door, standing akwardly and leaning against the frame. He wasn’t exactly sure how to be a parent. “You’re right.” I muttered, throwing my notebook away. “G’night guys.” We smiled and he closed the door, leaving the two of us. “You tired?” I asked, pulling down the covers and crawling underneath. “Yeah just a little…can I sleep here?” I nodded and drew back the covered once more, letting Chip climb in next to me. I had a feeling this could end up becoming a regular thing.