Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

dance lessons.

Things between George and Elise weren’t that great. After the first challenge, they merely pretended that nothing was wrong with their relationship. The thing was that they had nothing in common. George wasn’t very fond of the music Elise liked; the only thing they liked was the Weird Sisters. It was tiring listening to Do the Hippogriff every day.

George was very gentle with her. There wasn’t passion when they kissed; it was just kissing. They didn’t speak to each other very much lately.

Christmas was approaching fast, but Elise learned that she wasn’t going home for the holidays. She was to stay at the castle, because there was going to be a ball. Professor McGonagall had stopped her in the hallway to ask her to help the Gryffindors learn how to dance.

“I’ve heard that they teach you ballroom dancing at Beauxbatons?” McGonagall asked. Elise nodded. “I was wondering if you could come to my transfiguration classroom on Saturday afternoon to help the Gryffindors learn how to dance…ahem, properly.” She said.

Elise laughed. “Sure, Professor. I would love to.” Professor sighed happily. “Thank you, Elise. I swear, those boys in that class are nothing but” she started.

“A group of orangutans?” she said, grinning. Professor laughed. “Yes, I suppose so.”

*~*~*~*

“The Yule Ball, itself, is a dance.” McGonagall said. Every girl started chattering, and the boys groaned. Elise giggled and covered her mouth. “I don’t want you all acting like a babbling, bumbling, band of baboons!”

Elise saw George and Fred trying to say that phrase quickly in the corner.

“Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight.” She said. Elise saw Eloise Midgen, a very clumsy fourth year, shuffle her feet uncomfortably. Ron, Seamus, and Harry sniggered from across the room. “Something’s about to burst out of Eloise Midgen, but I don’t think it’s a swan.”

“Inside every boy is a lordly lion, waiting to come through. Mr. Weasley, please join me.” Ron gave her a horrified look. Elise, Harry, Seamus, George, and Fred had a hard time concealing their giggles. “Put your hand on my waist.” Ron did so, painfully, and they danced a few seconds. “Everyone, to your feet!” The girls jumped up and grabbed partners. Elise saw Harry and Hermione trying to dance, but laughing loudly. Fred was with Angelina, and George was dancing with Alicia. For some reason, it didn’t bother her like she supposed it would.

Elise tapped McGonagall’s shoulder. “I can take if from here, Professor.” She said. McGonagall nodded, and let Ron take hold of her. “Bloody good timing, Elise.” He muttered. She laughed, and the two whirled around the room. With Elise instead of McGonagall, Ron proved himself an adept dancer.

*~*~*~*
The dance class ended, and they all set off for the weekend activities. Elise was walking quickly, as to avoid George. She believed his was walking the other way when suddenly; Gabrielle appeared, running at her. “Elise! Elise!”

Elise groaned; George knew she was there now. He turned, and made a bee line for her. “What is it, Gabrielle?” she asked. Gabrielle smiled. “Your mother has sent you a dress for ze Yule ball!” she said. Elise smiled. “Alrighty then. I’ll see to it. Bye Gabrielle.”

“Um, Elise, hi.” George said, scratching his head. Elise nodded to him. “Hi George.” She kissed his cheek lightly. “So…I guess we’re going to the Yule Ball together?” he asked. She nodded. He was her boyfriend, for now at least, so she would have to keep up with terms. “Sure.”