Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

hogsmeade.

It was a very nice day out. Elise was in her informal clothes; she was wearing a pair of jeans, riding boots, and a periwinkle sweater. She threw her wavy hair into a ponytail. Elise was making her bed when someone knocked on her door. Many of the students had figured out where her door was located; it was behind a tapestry of Godric Gryffindor.

“Come in.” she yelled. The door opened, and Fred walked in. She smiled, walked over, and kissed him. “You haven’t forgotten our date today, have you?” he asked jokingly. Elise laughed. “How could I forget a date with an amazing boy?” she asked. “Just let me grab my bag.”

Fred shuffled back and forth in her room. “Blimey, Elise, this room’s better than our dormitory!” he said. Elise smirked. “Like it? Madame had it enchanted so it looked just like my dormitory back at Beauxbatons; the only difference is it’s only suited to me.” She said. “Apparently, if you take away the enchantment, the room goes back to another Gryffindor bedroom. This room was meant for the head of the house except they moved it to a separate quarter now. I assume it was because the students were too loud.” She said.

“I’ve never been inside this room before.” He said. She walked over. “Fred Weasley, the great prankster, admitting that he hasn’t been in every room of the castle? My, my; what a disappointment.” She said sarcastically. He laughed, and took her hand. “Let’s go to Hogsmeade.”

*~*~*~*

Elise detested Madam Puddifoots; she’d gone there with a group of girls from Beauxbatons and found it insufferable. She thought the three broomsticks was a much better place. She and Fred were in a corner, eating cookies they had gotten from Honeydukes. They were sipping butterbeers and talking about Beauxbatons.

“Tell me about your best friends.” He said. Elise blushed. “There really isn’t much to say. They were the only other two starting Beauxbatons at eleven. Maria is from Spain and Jeanine is from America. Maria has gorgeous, long black hair. She’s got tan skin, and the prettiest brown eyes you’ll ever see. Jeanine has blonde hair and blue eyes; she’s considered very plain at Beauxbatons, but is really beautiful when you get a good look at her. I spent a summer living with her in America; she has the kindest muggle boyfriend ever.”

Fred nodded. “Do you guys have houses at Beauxbatons?” he asked. Elise shook her head. “No, we just have sections of the palace. The first section is for students aged eight to eleven. There are eight to a room. Then the second section is made for students aged twelve to thirteen. Then the fourth is for fourth years and fifth years, and finally, the seventh and sixth years get the last section.” She said.

Fred nodded. “The place must be huge.” He said. Elise nodded. “Yeah, it really is. I love it there, but I’m starting to love Hogwarts too.” Fred smiled, and brushed her hair out of her face. “I’m going to hate it so much when you leave.” He said sadly. “Would we ever see each other again?” Elise blushed deeply. “Fred, I’m not going anywhere.”

Fred looked out the window, frustrated. “But you live in France. If I could apparate, it would be cool, but I can’t.” he said sadly. “You’re going back in a few months. I’ll hardly see you.” Elise giggled. “That’s where you’re wrong. My parents want to move back to Ottery St. Catchpole. I’ll be transferring to Hogwarts.” She said. Fred seemed shocked for a moment, and then picked her up in a hug. “Oh my God this is the best thing ever!” he yelled. She laughed, and he put her down.

“I love you, Elise Claire Seymour.” He said, kissing her.

*~*~*~*

It was around dinner, and they were sitting at Gryffindor table. Hermione was escorted in by Viktor, who kissed her hand and departed for the Slytherin table, where his counterparts were eating. Hermione smiled. “He’s changed. He doesn’t watch me study most of the time now.” She mentioned. Elise gave her a smile and began eating her steak.

Cedric approached their table with Cho on his arm. “Hey you guys, have you asked your parents if you could go to Viktor’s over the summer? I already told mine, they said yes!” he told them excitedly. Elise nodded. “I told my mum, she said it was alright.”

Cedric rubbed his hands together. “Getting to participate in the Triwizard Tournament and go play with the Bulgarian Quidditch team in one year is so awesome! We’ll show them a good British seeker, eh Harry?” But Harry seemed too involved with Cho. “Oh, yea, Cedric.” He mentioned. Fred and George high fived. “And we’ll show them a Gryffindor beater.” George said.

Elise laughed. It was two months until the final task, and everything was going to be alright. She was moving back to Ottery St. Catchpole where her best friends and boyfriend lived. She was going to Bulgaria over the summer to play Quidditch with the Bulgarian Quidditch team, second place in the league. She’d go on double dates with Cedric and Cho. Fred would be just a short walk away. She was going to Hogwarts the next year, and she would be with her newfound friends.

Too bad her plans are about to change.