Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

I'll come back.

Elise was in her formal clothes again. They were leaving Hogwarts today to go back to Beauxbatons. After that, Elise would travel with her parents back to Ottery St. Catchpole. The past few days, she was with Fleur. Fleur spent most of them crying. She had to stay with them at the moment.

They were in the great hall, and the hangings were changed to black. A large portrait was on a stand. Cedric was moving in it, smiling. He waved to people. He gave Cho an earnest smile, and she burst into floods of tears. “We celebrate a boy who was not only a champion, but a hard working, honest, and faithful friend who was courageous until the very end.” Dumbledore said.

The words he’d spoken early shook Elise. “The ministry asks me not to tell you about what happened that night, but it would be an insult to his memory not to tell you. Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort.” Elise nearly burst into tears, thinking of what she had last said to Cedric. Good luck was what she said. If she’d known, she would’ve said something more meaningful than ‘take care of yourself and Harry’ and ‘good luck’.

She looked at her friends, who were silently sobbing. Fleur was holding Gabrielle. She turned her head a bit and saw Fred and George, who were bowing their heads down in reverence. Harry was nodding to what Dumbledore was saying. Ron was frozen. Hermione was crying. Viktor was silent; his eyes were closed and he seemed to be in prayer.

Elise remembered how cut up Harry had been. He was in the hospital ward. Someone was brought in, and Mrs. Weasley screamed. “Sirius Black!” Elise jumped away, and held Fred tighter. “It’s okay, he’s on our side. He’s Harry’s godfather.” Dumbledore said. Harry embraced him.

After that, it had been silent.

*~*~*~*

Elise was in her room. It was the last time she would ever be in a Beauxbatons themed room. Next year, she would be a student at Hogwarts. She looked at the pictures on her bedside table. It was a picture of her and Harry, Hermione, and Ron practicing for the ball. There was one of her, Fred, George, Angelina, Katie, Alicia, and Lee in Herbology. Another had her with Viktor, Fleur, Gabrielle, and Cedric by the lake.

She smiled, and picked up the moving picture. She and Fleur were skipping along with Gabrielle. Viktor was laughing. Cedric was falling into the lake, and swimming to the side. She held it close to her heart. The friends she’d made this year were special. From Cedric to the first year who’d helped her find the potions classroom, she was grateful she’d come. She’d been reunited with her old best friends, and had fallen in love.

Madame Maxime walked in. “Ah, Elise, I thought you’d be here.” She said. Elise wiped away a tear and turned to Madame. “Hello Madame.” She said, sniffing. Madame smiled at her kindly. “You seem to be torn between Hogwarts and Beauxbatons.” She said.

Elise nodded. “As much as I love Beauxbatons, I feel like this is the place where I should be.” Elise said. “I just can’t turn my back away from it now.” Madame nodded. “Ah, I know ‘ow you feel, Elise. You’ve gone through so much this year. Are you glad you came?” she asked.

Elise nodded. “Yes. If I hadn’t, I’d never have met my new friends. I would’ve never fallen in love, and I wouldn’t have met the most wonderful friend in the world.” She said, tearing up. Cedric smiled at her in the picture. Madame patted her back. “But you will miss Beauxbatons next year, won’t you?” she said.

Elise nodded. “I wish I could keep this room.” She said. Madame laughed. “My dear, should you ever feel homesick for Beauxbatons, all you must do is this. Hogwatous.” With a flick of her wand, the room was a Gryffindor bedroom. “To change it, say beaubatous.” The room changed back into a Beauxbatons room.

“Thank you, Madame.” Elise said, hugging her. Madame chuckled and hugged her back. “I will miss you, Elise, my little protégée.”

*~*~*~*
Elise was hugging Angelina, Katie, Alicia, Hermione, and Ginny. She kissed Lee, Ron, Harry, and George on both sides of the cheeks. Elise hugged Viktor goodbye and promised to write to him over the summer. Finally, she approached Fred. “I’m going to miss you.” He said. She laughed for the first time in ages. “It’s only going to be a week, and I’ll be back as your neighbor. You couldn’t get rid of me if you tried.” She said.

He spun her around, and kissed her passionately. “I love you, Elise.” He murmured. Elise kissed him again. “As I love you, Fred.” Fleur walked behind her. “Elise, we must go.” She said. Elise waved goodbye, and took Gabrielle’s other hand. As Fleur, Elise, Gabrielle, and the other Beauxbatons girls walked through the corridors, boys and girls both clapped. Well, some boys still whistled.

She got into the carriage, and waved to the masses of students below. She blew a kiss to Fred. When they passed the Durmstrang boat, they waved and blew kisses too. Elise watched until the castle faded away and the boat disappeared underwater. She turned to Fleur.

“It has been a long year.”
♠ ♠ ♠
whoo! one year done.