Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

Where did time go?

It was summer, and Elise Seymour was sitting in her room, writing in her diary. Suddenly, her door burst open. Elise’s mother waltzed in. Elise loved her mum, but sometimes her veela attitude annoyed her. “Darling, I’ve received a letter from Madame Maxime.” She said in a French accent. At home, they spoke English, but outside, they spoke French.

“What is it about, mother?” Elise asked. She had developed a slight French accent over the five years she had lived in France. She had gained popularity at Beauxbatons; few students started at the age of eleven, because Beauxbatons offered courses for students as young as eight. Elise was a hot commodity, and many girls envied her different beauty.

“You are to join Madame on a year long trip with the seventh year students to Scotland. It is a great honor, Elise, so I have already sent a reply to Madame saying yes.” She said. Elise sighed. “And when should we leave?” she asked. “You will leave after a month of study at the palace.”

*~*~*~*
Elise’s month at the palace of Beauxbatons was quick, and her friends Maria and Jeanine were envious of her. “A trip to Scotland to watch the Triwizard tournament is so cool!” they said. “You must send us letters, and tell us how the British boys are.” They giggled. She hugged them, and got into the large carriage that would carry them by air to the Scottish school.

My, my; has she already forgotten what school is in Scotland?

Anyway, the air was chilly now. All of the girls layered on their blankets, but still froze in their silk uniforms. The beautiful girls fussed over their hair, but Elise questioned Madame Maxime about the Triwizard Tournament. “Ah! My dears, we are passing over ze school! Wave to ze students!” she said. The girls clambered over to the windows of the carriage, and passed a courtyard full of excited students in drab, black robes. They wove and blew kisses.

When they stepped out, the chilly fall air pierced Elise’s exposed skin. She had forgotten how cold it was in other places besides the glorious palace. She shivered and put her hat on.

“Please, welcome the delegates from France, the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons!” the voice of an elderly man declared. The doors opened, and the eligible girls ran in, causing gasps. They danced for the students of the Hogwarts. Elise realized the school now. It was the very school she was about to attend at eleven.

Gabrielle and Fleur Delacour, her close friends and neighbors back in France, danced a very acrobatic dance for the students. Boys hooted and hollered as the girls of the school shrunk back. “Also welcome Madame Maxime, their headmistress.” Elise walked next to Madame, standing proud and tall. She flashed her million dollar smile, and gracefully balanced in her four inch heels.

“Bloody hell, mate. They don’t make them like that here at Hogwarts.” She looked at the source of the voice, and saw a boy with red hair who looked awfully familiar. She also saw a scrawny boy with untidy black hair and green eyes even more striking than hers. She recognized him as Harry Potter, the boy who many spoke about. She smiled and nodded to him.

After the girls were acquainted with their new teachers of the year and the other delegates from Durmstrang, they settled down to eat. The Beauxbatons sat with the Ravenclaws, but when Elise ran to find a seat, there was none left.

“If you’re looking for a seat, there’s one here.” A small voice said. Elise turned and saw a small, red haired girl sitting next to an open place setting. She was sitting next to several other red haired people, a bushy hair girl, and Harry Potter. Elise sighed thankfully and sat down next to the girl.

“Thank you.” Elise said. The girl smiled and held a hand out. “No problem. I’m Ginny.” She said. Elise smiled even more. “Ah, such a pretty name for a pretty girl. I knew a Ginny once; she was a very close friend of mine. I’m Elise, Elise Seymour.”

One of the red haired boys spit out food on his gold plate. Elise and Ginny backed away in disgust. “You’re joking!” he said. “Elise Seymour?!” Elise nodded confusedly. Ginny stared at her, her mouth gaping. “You don’t remember me? Ginny Weasley!” Both boys looked up, as did the boy who spoke so loudly about her classmates earlier. “And Fred, George, and Ron!”

Elise burst out laughing and hugged Ginny. “You’ve grown up! You’re so beautiful!” She then stood up, as did Ron, Fred, and George. She hugged Ron first, and kissed his cheek. He pinched his face; she knew her kiss had stung lightly. “Ronald, you’re so handsome!” she then turned to her former best friends, standing next to each other, grinning from ear to ear. “Forge, Gred, get over here!” Both boys ran at her and hugged her, picking her up in the air.

*~*~*~*
Elise was assigned her room. She wasn’t staying in some adjacent rooms in the Ravenclaw Tower with the other Beauxbatons, but in Gryffindor Tower in an adjacent bedroom. It was rather weird, but it just happened like that, Madame Maxime said.

She was now sitting on a couch with the Weasleys and their friends. “Right, Elise, this is Harry Potter, I expect you know who he is.” George said. Elise shook his hand. Harry Potter was attractive, but he was still a young boy. “This is Hermione Granger, the smartest fourth year.” Hermione blushed, and shook Elise’s hand. “It must be so interesting at Beauxbatons. How is the education like?” she asked. She was cut off by George. “Enough about learning! Alright, this is Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, and Lee Jordan, our best mates.” Elise shook all of their hands. Angelina seemed wary of her at first, but warmed up to her later.

Finally, Hermione, Alicia, Katie, Angelina, Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Lee decided to go to bed. It left Fred, George, and Elise in the common room, talking quietly as to not wake up people. “You look so different.” Fred said fondly, brushing a piece of her mahogany hair out of her face. Elise giggled nervously as George glared at Fred, who stared back unapologetically. “Well, I must go to bed. I’ve had the longest day ever!” she yawned. Getting up, she turned to the boys. “I missed you guys. We need to catch up tomorrow. Gosh, I can’t believe you’re here.” She said, kissing both their cheeks. She wandered into her room, and shut the door. At that second, the two turned on each other.

“Always feeling her up whenever you get the chance, Fred?” George sneered. Fred snickered. “It’s your fault for not doing it first.” He said. George rolled his eyes. “Maybe I’m not an animal and I don’t want to grope her every second I’ve got.” He said fiercely. Fred rolled his eyes. “Got a thing for her, then?” he asked. It was George’s turn to roll his eyes. “You knew I fancied her when we were eleven! Still, you were all over her.” Fred backed away. “Well then mate; let the best man have her.”

George snorted. “I will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm loving this story :)