Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

Ravenclaw

Elise got off the train wearing her black robes; they were drab compared to her old silk Beauxbatons ones, but far more comfortable. Fred, George, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny were in their black and scarlet ones. “What if I’m not in Gryffindor?” Elise whispered. Fred brushed this off. “You’re brave and smart. You’re like Hermione, but less bookish. Of course you’ll be in Gryffindor.” He said. Hermione heard this and smacked his arm with the book she was reading.

She got into one of the horseless carriages with Fred and George. There was no room for Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville. “See you at the feast!” they yelled. They began to enter the hall. Elise sat down at Gryffindor table with Fred, George, Angelina, Katie, Alicia, and Lee. Professor McGonagall came running. “Seymour, there you are. You’re supposed to be with the first years waiting to get sorted.” She said. Elise looked panicked, and left the table.

*~*~*~*

“If you’re seventeen, why are you getting sorted?” A boy asked. Elise rolled her eyes; she’d answered this question ten times already. “I’m a transfer student from France, I’ve never gone here before, so I must be sorted.” She said.

McGonagall stood tall. “First years…and Elise, follow me.” As the doors opened, a strong tune carried out. Elise wasn’t fascinated at the ceiling like the others. She walked forward, and heard whispers. “Isn’t that Fred Weasley’s girlfriend, the veela who came for the Triwizard Tournament last year?” A hufflepuff whispered. “Yeah, I heard she was transferring here because her dad got a position at the ministry.” Someone else said.

The sorting went as usual. Angelo, Bobbins, Cadawaller. Elise would have fallen asleep by the time her sorting was up. “Seymour, Elise!” McGonagall cried. As she walked up, McGonagall held her shoulder. She looked at all the heads of houses; it seemed all of them wanted her in their house (besides Snape, even though she did well in his class.) so she could bring them glory. She sat down, and the hat was placed upon her.

“Ah, older student I see. You’re filled with love and friendship. Has devotion to Cedric Diggory, that poor lad who died last year. A good fit for Hufflepuff. Very ambitious, so you’re good for Slytherin. Wait, a half-breed? No, no, that won’t fly in Slytherin. Hm, you are an exceptional student. You got all outstandings on your OWLs, I see. You’re very witty, but sensitive. You can tell people use you because of your difference in breed. You are brave, I see, brave enough for Gryffindor.” He said. “However, I must say another house is more suited to you.” He said. Elise caught her breath, and she gave a look of terror. No, she thought, but the stupid hat ignored her. “It’s for your own good.” He added.

“RAVENCLAW!”

Flitwick stood up and pumped his fist into the air. “You’re joking!” Fred yelled. Dumbledore looked amused as Elise miserably walked to the Ravenclaw table. She sat on the side of the table near Fred’s seat. “I can’t believe it.” She said through her teeth. Fred looked at her sadly. “I know, I’m sorry.” He added. “At least the robes are your favorite color though.” He said, trying to brighten the situation.

She turned to the girl sitting next to her. “Hi, I’m Alyssa, Natalie’s sister? She was in your Transfiguration class last year.” The girl said. “I’m a seventh year too.” Elise smiled; this girl looked just like Natalie. “Nice to meet you. I’m Elise.”

Another girl looked at her. “That’s a pretty name. Oh, and I love your necklace. I hope it doesn’t attract nargles.” She mentioned. “Hello, I’m Luna Lovegood. You’re Elise. I remember you. You broke my window when I was five.”

Elise smiled. “Hi! You have a much prettier name than me. Oh, and I’m sorry about that.” She said.

Luna smiled dreamily. “It’s alright, mum fixed it. But I hope it doesn’t happen again, because mum is dead and dad isn’t that good at repairing spells.” Elise choked. “Oh, God, I’m so sorry.” She said. Luna gave her another dreamy smile. “It’s alright.”

There was a moment of silence. “You’re Fred Weasley’s girlfriend, aren’t you?” she asked. Elise nodded. “Yeah, we’ve been going out since last year.” Luna nodded. “I heard you were the smart girl they brought from Beauxbatons to help the champion cheat. However, I did hear you didn’t help the champion at all; but if you did, she must’ve not gotten the directions right because she failed terribly.”

Elise caught her breath. “No, she was a good friend of mine. She wished not to cheat, so I didn’t help her.” She said. Luna nodded. “I thought so.”

Alyssa gave her a look. “She’s a dreamy one, this girl.”

*~*~*~*

After giving Fred a lengthy kiss, she departed for Ravenclaw tower with Alyssa. They went to the door, and answered a question asking what amortentia does. Elise didn’t find the questions mind boggling; all you had to do was think outside the box.

The girls were settled in the dormitory and they were talking. Alyssa introduced her to three other girls. Their names were Caitlyn, Pandora, and Emily. “So you went to Beauxbatons?” Pandora asked. Elise nodded. “What did it look like?” they all asked, fascinated. Elise got an idea. “Follow me.”

They went into the common room, and Elise lifted the tapestry of Rowena Ravenclaw. Surely enough, there was a door; she opened it, revealing a room outfitted with Ravenclaw dressings.

“How did you know about this room?” Alyssa asked. Elise gave a small smile. “Every common room has one. Watch this. “beaulevous!” The room changed, and the Beauxbatons dressings came. The walls turned blue and gold, and a small window showing a view of the luscious grounds. The girls oohed and ahhed. “How about we turn this into our own little common room? We could have sleepovers in here!” Emily said. “Yeah!” Caitlyn added. Elise smiled.

Maybe Ravenclaw wasn’t so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahh. so this one has been missing updates for a while.
sorry guys, I've been super busy trying to get my Shaun fic done. I wanted to finish it before the closing ceremonies tonight, and I did finish-at 2:40 in the morning. I was on such a roll, I didn't want to stop, haha.