Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

Don’t Stop Me Now.

Elise had woken up early, as she was instructed to do by Madame Maxime. She hurriedly threw on her satin uniform, and wobbled out of the common room in her heels. While running to the Ravenclaw Tower, she tied up her sleek hair with a blue ribbon, and put on her hat. Some people who’d awoken early to get a head start watched, bemused, at the sixteen year old dashing through the halls to make it to the Tower by seven thirty.

She got to the door. “Beauxbatons student?” The statue asked. Elise nodded. “Please, answer this question.”

Elise had to answer a question about Beauxbatons history just to get it. Finally, after remembering who the second Headmistress was recorded in Beauxbatons history, she clambered in and ran up the tower to find the rest of the Beauxbatons girls sitting and listening to Madame Maxime. She turned to her. “Madame, I’m so sorry I was late. It’s a very long walk from Gryffindor Tower to here.” She said, out of breath.

Madame merely smiled. “It’s okay, Elise. I know zere is trouble because you have such far lodgings, but thank goodness zat you are not competing; you are not old enough.” She said. Elise nodded, and sat next to Gabrielle Delacour. Gabrielle was dressed in a more modest uniform. She would be taking classes with the first years, even though she knew that magic very well. She was about as skilled as a third year.

“Now, ladies, I must tell you how your behavior should be on this stay. There will be no fooling around off campus after hours. You are allowed to, how they say, hang out, with ze Hogwarts students. Yesterday, I noticed many of you noticing ze boys of ze school, and you are allowed to, how they say, court them. However, I highly discourage steady relationships with ze boys of zis school. If you must, act accordingly. I daresay you learn things in France. Please, no vulgar behavior.” Madame said. She reviewed several other rules with them. “Okay?”

“Yes, Madame.” All the girls replied. Madame Maxime smiled. “Okay. Let us go to breakfast now.” She said. It was seven fifty, and there was an hour and ten minutes to eat and get to their first class. The girls lined up as they were accustomed to, and waltzed through the hallways. The many girls in the halls gave them loathing looks while the boys gaped in their presence. Madame Maxime led them with Elise at her side. Elise carried herself strong and tall, as she led her line. Even though the girls were older than her, they knew she was Madame’s favorite and soon to be Head Girl at Beauxbatons. They respected her.

In passing, Elise saw Fred, George, Angelina, Alicia, Katie, and Lee. Fred and George waved, and she did in return. “Elise.” Madame said. She cut her attention away from them, and walked by briskly. Angelina eyed her furiously. “So you fancy her then, Fred?” she asked. Fred looked at her, shocked. “No, no I don’t.” Angelina scoffed, and then Katie and Alicia walked away with her.

“You haven’t told Elise Angelina’s your girlfriend, then Fred?” Lee asked. George sniggered. Finally, Elise was his.

*~*~*~*
Ginny was eating her breakfast when Angelina, Katie, and Alicia slid in the seats next to her. “Hey Ginny.” They chirped. Ginny dropped her spoon. “Hi guys. What’s up?” she asked. Angelina looked down. “I was wondering if you knew anything about Elise Seymour.”

Ginny smiled. “What do you want to know about her?” she asked. Angelina stared at Elise, who was standing across the hall, talking to Cedric Diggory, the hufflepuff boy. “Everything about her and Fred.”

Ginny sighed. “I was two when the met, I suppose. They were best friends from the start. I guess both Fred and George fancied her when they were eleven, and they usually always fought over her. It all stopped when she moved to France. But she and Fred are really just best friends; that’s it. He’s always hugging her, talking to her, joking with her, trying to impress her…oh.”
Things were not looking so hot for Angelina right now.

Angelina was fuming. “Oh, I see. Well, I’ll talk to you later, Ginny.”

Ginny smacked herself in the face. Goodness, she probably shouldn’t have said all that about Fred. Now Angelina was going to suspect they were together. Harry, Hermione, and Ron slipped into the seats Alicia, Angelina, and Katie left. “Hey Ginny, why’s Angelina so mad?” Harry asked.

Ginny blushed. She was still nervous about talking to Harry. Hermione stared at her, as if she were egging her on to talk to him. “Angelina thinks Fred and Elise have a thing for each other.” Harry and Hermione burst into laughter while Ron bit into a bit of toast.

“Well it’s true, though. Back when we were kids, they were all over each other. It was kind of sick. George fancied her too; they always fought over her. If she hadn’t left, they probably would have killed each other by now.” Ron said, sputtering out toast crusts. Hermione gagged, and then turned to her food.

“She must be brilliant if she’s allowed on the trip! She’s only in her sixth year, but she took her exams last year. They don’t usually do it like that in France. Few people get invited by both Beauxbatons and Hogwarts at the same time. She’s also Madame Maxime’s favorite student; I overheard two of the Beauxbatons girls talking about her in the bathroom.”

Ron laughed. “Of course she’s Maxime’s favorite, she’s bloody brilliant! I remember, by the time she was six, she was zooming around on a regular broomstick.” Ginny scowled; she too had been riding a regular broomstick since that age. “She could control her magic by the age of eight, and she could do nonverbal magic by ten. She has a knack for charms and transfiguration, although she was nothing compared to Fred. Fred could transfigure things by five; it took her until she was nine. But she’s still amazing.” Ron said.

“Top of her class, mum told me. She’s been hearing from Mrs. Seymour for ages. Outstanding on all of her tests; she does even better than the girls who started Beauxbatons at younger ages than she did.” Ginny said. “Nonetheless, she’s a charmer too. Look at Cedric.” While talking to Cedric Diggory, he seemed dazed. Cho, Cedric’s much younger girlfriend, looked upset.

Ron sniggered. “What’d you expect from a half veela?” Harry’s head perked up. He’d been quiet during most of the conversation. “She’s veela? She doesn’t look like the ones we saw at the Quidditch Cup.” He said. Ron shrugged. “Again, she’s only half veela. You should see her mom; she’s a freaking super model. I guess Elise has too much of her dad in her, but you’ve got to admit, she’s gorgeous.” He said. “Although it kind of hurts your eyes to stare at her for a long time.” Harry noticed that his eyes began to burn when a white light seemed to emit from her presence.

Hermione laughed. “The powers of veela and wizardry, she has potential! It’s just too bad she she couldn’t be in the Triwizard Tournament.” Hermione said. “She could easily win.”

Ginny shrugged. “I heard Madame Maxime had a fit when she found out she couldn’t compete. She brought her along to help whatever champion is chosen from Beauxbatons; though that won’t do much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
whoo.
last update for a while.
school starts tomorrow, and I'm gonna be busy as hell.
hopefully I can squeeze an update in since I have this story written up to chapter 27.