Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

You’re all talk.

Elise was standing over by the Ravenclaw table, where the other girls were discussing their schedules. Elise had classes with all of the other sixth years, except she had double Transfiguration; one with the sixth years, one with the seventh. Suddenly, a boy with bronze hair walked by. “Hi, I’m Cedric Diggory.” He said. He held his hand out to Elise. The other girls giggled as she shook it. “Hi, I’m Elise Seymour.” She said.

Cedric ran his fingers through his hair. “So, I hear you’re Madame Maxime’s intern for the year.” He said. Elise smiled. “Yes, that’s true.” Cedric smiled. “I hope you’re entering the Triwizard Tournament. It would be cool if we were both champions.” He said. Elise’s eyes fluttered.

“No, actually I can’t enter. I’m too young.” She muttered. As much as she wished she could, she couldn’t. Cedric frowned. “Well that’s not fun. Well, I better be off, I have Potions first and Snape is never in a good mood. Bye!” he said, dashing off.

Elise frowned. What was with the guys at this school? Thank goodness no one but the Weasleys knew she was veela; it would cause uproar. She checked the time; it was about eight forty. She better be off to her first class; she would most likely get lost. “Au revoir!” she yelled to the other girls, who did the same. Gathering her books, she head off to History of Magic class.

Once there, she saw two familiar red heads and she smiled. “Fred! George!” The two turned, and grinned. “Hey Elise.” They said simultaneously. She walked over, and kissed both their cheeks. Lee’s mouth hung open. “Hello Lee.” She said, doing the same. All three shut their eyes while she giggled. She knew her kisses burned their cheeks a bit.

“Where’s Angelina and the rest?” she asked. Fred shrugged. “We don’t have any classes with them.” Elise showed them her schedule, and Lee smiled. “You have all your classes with us, except seventh year Transfiguration. Excellent.”

George gaped. “Seventh year Transfiguration? Blimey, Elise, we didn’t know you were in advanced classes.” He said. Elise nodded. “Transfiguration is my best subject.” She said. Fred and George shot her a strange look. “Funny, it’s both of ours too.”

They sat down, and many of the sixth year boys huddled around the desks by her. Fred and George pushed the two Hufflepuffs who dared to sit next to her. “We’re her best friends, move along.” George said smoothly. Elise blushed, and George smiled at her.

A boy walked up to her. He was wearing robes with green and silver accents. Already, Elise didn’t like him. “Hello, you must be Elise Seymour. I’m Charles Warrington, Slytherin.” He said. She didn’t like his tone of voice, which was chilly and calm. “I suppose you’d want to sit next to me, instead of these worthless blood traitors. You’re a pureblood, I suppose?” he said.

“I’m a half blood; I’m part veela.” She said frostily. Warrington grinned evilly. “I have nothing against veelas.” He said.

“Well, these so called blood traitors are my best mates. So I guess you can leave us alone now, thank you.” She said coldly. She gave him the veela stare. Warrington backed away. “Oh, you’re going to regret that, Seymour.” He sneered.

“Back off, you prat.” George said defensively. Warrington got closer to George. Even though Warrington was muscular, George could have taken him down. “You don’t want to go there, Weasley. You and your twin blood traitor, and that filthy half breed.” He said. George lunged at him, and Elise screamed.

Fred and Lee tried to keep George off of him, and Warrington’s cronies came by. Professor Binns yelled. “Ten points deducted from both Slytherin and Gryffindor! It’s only the first day and you’re in the negatives.” He said.

George settled down, and sat back next to Elise. She shot him a grateful smile. “You didn’t need to stick up for me like that.” She said. George smiled. “You don’t deserve that kind of treatment.” He said. A hair had fallen from her pony tail, so he brushed it out of her face. Where his skin touched her, goose bumps formed.

Fred watched them uneasily.

*~*~*~*

During seventh year Transfiguration, Elise sat next to Fleur and Cedric Diggory. They spoke happily, and left the classroom with high spirits and an essay about animaguses. Elise was the last to leave the classroom, after chatting with McGonagall for a while. As soon as she left, a hand reached out and grabbed her. She shrieked a bit, but relaxed when she saw it was George.

“Hey.” He smirked. Elise sighed. “You scared me.”

They walked next to each other quietly. George’s hand hovered near hers, and they touched. Both blushed and pulled their arms away. Soon, they were at the common room. George left to put his books away, and so did Elise. During the two hours of free time, they played exploding snap with the others. Fred seemed a bit down, but when Angelina came around, he turned on his happy face. Apparently, Lee told Elise that Fred and Angelina were going out. She couldn’t be happier for him, but felt a twinge in her heart.

They finally ate dinner in the great hall.

After that, people were walking back through the corridors. “Wait.” George said to Elise. Fred and the others walked ahead. He and Elise spent a few quiet minutes in front of the great hall. They stayed until Filch, the caretaker, yelled at them to get to their houses. “Hurry up before I have to report you!” he screeched.

Elise and George walked slowly. Before they were on the floor where the Gryffindor common room was, George stopped her and pulled her into a secret area. “No one knows this place.” He whispered.

She smiled. “That’s cool.” George scratched the back of his head. “I just wanted to…you know…before Diggory tries to…” he started. Elise was about to ask him why he was muttering when he pressed his lips to hers.
For three seconds, Elise was in oblivion. It was a sweet retreat. She forgot what homework she had, or who had been gossiping about her. George pulled away, and smiled awkwardly. Elise touched her lips. “And that’s what I’ve wanted to do since I was seven years old, Elise. Ever since you taught me how to do those hairpin turns on our toy broomsticks. Ever since you and I were alone for the first time when Fred got sick.” And he backed away, running to the common room through the portrait of the fat lady.
♠ ♠ ♠
first update since high school started!