Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

brace yourself.

George was sitting in the common room with Lee. He noticed Elise sitting next to a window, brooding. Fred was on the other side of the room studying. That was a first.

“What do you reckon is wrong with them? They seemed fine last week.” Lee asked. George shrugged. Fred and Elise had been very close during the week that they were fighting, but now George and Elise had made up, Fred wasn’t speaking to her. He only spoke one word sentences to George, which angered him. “Mate, do you think you could find out what’s going on?” George asked Lee. “Just talk with him while Elise and I go to the library to study.” He said.

Lee saluted. “Sure thing.” George nodded and stood up. “Hey Elise, come with me to the library to study for the Defense against the Dark Arts quiz.” He said. Elise nodded briskly and grabbed her bag, which was sitting next to her. The two left the common room.

Lee walked over to Fred. “Hey mate, what’s going on?” he asked quietly. Fred stared at him. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He said. Lee rolled his eyes. “One minute you and Elise are all over each other, laughing and joking around, but then you stop talking? Seriously, what’s going on?”

Fred ran his hands through his long red hair. “If I tell you, promise me you won’t judge me.” He said. Lee nodded. “Alright, then we should discuss this in the room. I don’t want anyone else hearing.” He said. The guys got up and went up the stairs. They didn’t notice Hermione and Ginny standing in the balcony above the common room. The two girls went up the stairs of the boy’s dormitories and pressed their ears to the sixth year’s room, hoping for information.

*~*~*~*

“So tell me what’s going on, fool.” Lee said jokingly. However, Fred didn’t look very amused. He looked sick, in fact, maybe even like he was going to throw up. “You alright, mate?”

Fred shook his head. “You and George are going to hate me.” He said miserably. Lee shook Fred’s shoulders. “Mate, I could never hate you. You’re like my brother.” He said. Fred looked to the ground. “What if I told you what Warrington said the night he attacked Elise?” he said.

Lee was taken aback. “But mate, I thought Warrington was arrested for trying to steal school artifacts to sell.” He said. Fred shook his head again. “He got arrested for trying to rape Elise in the abandoned corridor and using the Cruciatus curse on me.”

Lee stared at his friend. “That’s intense, bloke. But what did he say?” Fred stared out the window. “He said that everyone can tell I love Elise.” He muttered. Lee did a double take. “You love Elise?” he asked. “But aren’t you guys not talking?” Fred ran his fingers through his hair. “Because I kissed her. She got mad at me because she said it was wrong.”

Lee scratched his head. “Fred, you kissed your brother’s girlfriend.” He sputtered. Fred threw a punch at his pillow. “I love my brother, but I love Elise! I don’t know what to think anymore.” He howled. Lee calmed him down. “Well…the holidays are approaching. You could tell her then. I hear they’re only letting first to third years home this year. I don’t know why, but you’ll have a holiday alone with her. Besides, she and George haven’t been getting along much these days.”

Fred shook his head. “He doesn’t treat her right. He should hug her and kiss her every day and be thankful for her. He ignores her. I hate watching it. It’s like watching him kick a puppy.” He said, kicking the baseboard of his bed. Lee nodded. “I know. But you just have to wait. George is your brother. You don’t want to ruin your relationship with your twin over a girl.”
*~*~*~*

Elise and George were in the library. “So…the library.” He said. Elise nodded, trying to write her notes. George pursed his lips. It had been at least an hour since he and Elise left the common room to let Lee and Fred talk. “How about we go back?” he muttered. Elise sighed, slammed her books and put them in her bag. “Fine, let’s go.” She snapped. George rolled his eyes. “No need to be snippy.” He said.

Elise turned on him. “So you make me go all the way down here to study for an exam you don’t have. You waste an hour of my time.” She said furiously.

George sighed. He knew it was over. He was trying to keep it from ending, however. However unhappy he was, he didn’t really want to think it was over. They were growing apart, and he saw that she and Fred were growing closer and closer. But George felt useless; there was absolutely nothing he could do.

When they got back to the common room, Lee was sitting alone. Elise ran to her own room and George approached Lee. “So what was up, bloke?” he asked. Lee shook his head. “Fred and Elise just had a disagreement over something.” He said.

Again, George felt useless. Was there nothing he could do to prevent his relationship from going under?
♠ ♠ ♠
haven't updated this story since...last november? It was before the Nutcracker rush. Anyway, here's the next update! I've got the whole story written out already, I'm just spacing out the chapters and throwing in fillers.