Sugar, Sugar

Babygirl.

"Babygirl," that’s how all of his sentences started. Travis was the only one who ever called me that and I loved it. I smiled at him as I walked from my car into his arms. He enveloped me into a bear hug and held me around my waist. I looked up at him, my arms still around his neck and he smiled, crinkling his nose. I took the hat off his head and put it on mine, cocking my head to the side and sticking my tongue out. He smirked at me, shaking his head like he always did. "Girl, I missed you."

"I saw you three days ago, Travie."

He shrugged and held me tighter. "Silly rabbit," he laughed and kissed me on the corner of my mouth. And that’s when I realized the dynamics in our relationship had changed. I smiled at him, my eyebrows posed in a questioning shape and he grinned and let me go so I could hug our other friends. I played it off like the kiss was nothing. It looked like nothing and it quite possibly was, but in my mind it had meaning. I felt like he had that intention.

That night we were together the whole time. He would bring me along to wherever he was going, not that I was complaining. I enjoyed his company and how he made me feel. Special; like I mattered, for once. We'd become very close friends over the few months I'd known him but this was beginning to become something different. When we were standing still, he'd stand behind me and pull me into him or put his arm around me. When we were walking he'd have his arm over my shoulders or lace his fingers with mine. I'd catch him looking at me and look away when my eyes caught his.

When I got home that night, I was happier than I remember being in a long time. When I closed my eyes, I saw him smiling at me. When I felt my face, I felt the light pressure of his lips. When I got into bed, I wished he was there next to me. When I woke up, I was immensely confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeeee.
Comment/rate and all that jazz.