She'll Be Different

Why

Edward pulled up to Bella's house in his shiny silver Volvo. Bella smiled "Bye Edward, you'll be back tonight right?" she asked as she grabbed her bag and started to get out. Edward nodded and leaned forward to give her a kiss. Like always Bella's heart sped up and her cheeks reddened. "Love you" He said with her favorite crooked smile as she closed the door and headed towards her house. She opened the door then turned around "Love you more" she yelled back he laughed and rolled his eyes "Yea right" he said to himself as he pulled away then started speeding down the street.

When he pulled in his drive way Alice, his sister was waiting for him on their front porch, her face angry. Edward got out and slammed his door "Not right now Alice" he growled. Alice didn't move but she, he now realized was blocking the door. He rolled his eyes "Well that's a rather childish attempt to stop me from going inside." he laughed.

"Look Edward it's what she wants and she really wants you to do it or else i already would have!" She scowled back. "She doesn't know what she wants why would she want to be a monster?" He yelled back. Alice looked appalled "Monsters? what makes you think we're monsters?" she asked.

"Alice! WE SUCK BLOOD!" He yelled back. "Not human blood." she muttered back. "That doesn't matter, it will never make a difference!" he said blankly.

"Give me one good reason why you won't do it." She said. Edwards face froze in pain "Alice the....the pain we all went through....i...i can't do that to her...i..." He whispered "When I saw her after James bit her, just that little pain she had from her had and she was in pain then and...that was nothing!" He said, not able to hide the pain in his voice.

Alice seemed to understand but she wasn't ready to give up. "Edward you won't be able to live without her!" she replied. "I won't outlive her by long" he muttered. "She won't let you let her get old, carlisle already agreed to do it and you promised that after your married." She she said.

"Yeah well I'm still going to try and make her change her mind on that." He growled.

"Edward you promised her." she whispered.

"Alice I can't! What if i kill her?" he screamed. "you won't" She pointed out.

He ignored that and sat down on the top step and buried his face in his cold hands.
"Alice she'll be cold and pale, that beautiful warm blush...I'll never see it again. Then I'll never hear her heartbeat and how it jumps around when we're together she'll never be warm and we'll have to go hunting together the thought of her hunting scares me and she faints by the smell of blood!" He whispered, his face still in his hands.

Alice was looking down at her feet suddenly understanding more then ever before. "I....I'm so sorry" she whispered.

"it's okay, i won't go back on my word I guess because then she'll go back on hers and she doesn't even understand what went through me when i saw that ring on her finger it was like....." He stopped, Alice I'm really sorry for yelling at you i guess...i"

Alice interrupted "It's okay Edward i never really understood before but i guess i understand why your trying to take as long as possible" She said. Edward just nodded.

Alice smirked "I'm going to tell her this." She laughed. Edwards eyes widened "No!" He yelled, jumping up.

"why Not?" She laughed. Edwards eyes narrowed and he glared at her "It will make her feel guilty and like she's hurting me, i can't do that to her!" He yelled.

"Well I still don't get how you think she'll be so different, inside she'll still be Bella, you even told her that." Alice pointed out quietly.

"She will be different" Is all he said

*Okay well this was pretty much from the top of my head and the ending was random but yea there you go, sorry it's so short*