Written in the Stars

Chapter 2

When your LONG kiss was over Peter put the ring on your finger.
"I love you, Mia.” he said.
"I love you...more." you said a little playfully.
His eyebrow raised and he said, "Oh really?"
"Really." you replied.
The next thing you knew Peter had you lying on his bed with him on top kissing you with lovingly that it took your breath away. After a half hour of just kissing. You and Peter just laid on his bed. His arm around your waist and your head on his chest. You were holding hands.
"When do you want to get married?" you asked him.
"Well I don't want to sound like I want to rush things but, I want to get married as soon as possible. Before the war hits us here." he said.
"I understand." you said agreeing with him.
If there wasn't a war you and Peter would have a few more years of courtship but where it getting so close to home you both could feel an urgency.
"I just want to take care of you. Be there when you need me...I want to support you, like a husband does a wife." he said, kissing the top of your head.
"And I you. I'll give you my whole life." you say.
He smiled and kissed you again."Let's go tell our mothers?" he asked.
You nodded. You both got off the bed and went to inform your mother of your engagement to Peter.

You and Peter found your mothers in the kitchen making dinner.
"Mother?" Peter said holding your hand tighter.
"Yes, dear?" Mrs. Pevensie said glancing over at her son before going back to cooking.
"Mia and I have something we want to tell you." Peter continued.
Your mother noticed you and Peter holding hands and elbowed Mrs. Pevensie a bit. Mrs. Pevensie turned to you two.
"We would like to get married as soon as possible." you and Peter said together.
You two turned to eachother and laughed a bit. Your mothers laughed a bit.
Then Mrs. Pevensie turned to your mother,"Told you so." she said.
You mother just smiled and said, "We'll take you to the priest tomorrow. Or is that too soon?"
"No it's...” Peter started, and then looked to you, making sure it was alright.
"Perfect." you finished Peter's sentence.
He smiled at you and you both turned back to your mothers.
They smiled then Mrs. Pevensie said, "Welcome to the family, Mia." She hugged you and then Peter. "Well done, son."
"Thanks mum." Peter said.
The next thing you knew your mother was at you side saying, "When we get home tonight I want you to try on my wedding dress."
"Well, before you go we need to talk about one thing first." Mrs. Pevensie said. "Peter have you and Mia talked about where you're going to live?"
"Not yet," Peter admitted, "I just assumed we'd live here for a few weeks then rent a room somewhere. After I'm able to fully support Mia."
You nodded at his comment agreeing that was what you thought as well.
Mrs. Pevensie nodded seeming to approve of the plan. Then Susan, Edmund and Lucy came into the kitchen to see when dinner would be ready.
"Susan," you say.
"Mia!" Susan said hugging you.
"Guess what?"
"What?"
You looked at Peter when he put in hand on your shoulder smiling.
"We're getting married." he said to his younger siblings.
Susan and Lucy gasped excitingly. They congratulated you.
"Susan, your my best friend. Be my Maid of Honor?" you asked her.
Her eyes widened and she said,"Of course!" she hugged you excitingly.
"Lucy, will you be my flower girl?" you asked Lucy kneeling down.
"Yes." she said. Then turned Mrs. Pevensie and said,"Mom, what's a flower girl?"
You and Peter laughed. Then you stood back up and turned to Peter. He reached for your hand and you gave it to him. His smile was the most wonderful thing you had seen.
"Mia" you mother said. "Let's go. We have a lot to do tonight."
"Alright mum." you said noting looking away from Peter.
He kissed you lightly and said, "I'll see you tomorrow."
"At the alter." you said kissing him again. then you left with you mother.
After trying on your mother's wedding dress you couldn't have been more excited.
"It's going to be a lovely wedding, dear." your mother said.
"It is." you agreed.
"I wish you and Peter every happiness that your father and I share."
You smiled and said, "The only regret I have is that Dad won't be here to give me away."
"He will be happy when you write him, telling him of your marriage."She said.
You and your mother spent the rest of the night talking away.