Seventeen

1/1

Legs hangin' off the bayou bridge/Feedin' fish potato chips.

Roxii had her legs swinging off the end of the dock as she tossed a few of her potato chips in the water for the fish she could see a few feet under. About to dip her foot under the water, she was startled by fingers at her sides, tickling her. She let out a soft giggle, and looked back, being greeted with the face of Max.

“Hey,” Roxii said, the smile on her lips reaching her eyes.

Instead of replying, Max bent down and swooped Roxii’s lips up in a soft kiss that told her everything in the world.

Pulling away from the kiss, Max kicked off his shoes and socks, plopping himself down next to her once he rolled his jeans up.

On instinct, Roxii rested her head against his shoulder and his left arm went across her shoulders, bringing her closer than before.

Their gazes were both set on the water as the sky turned from it’s blue’s, to it’s pink and orange tints, then finally, the dark blanket of stars.

And talkin' about the mysteries of the universe.

With the crickets heard in the distance, Roxii looked up to Max, “The worlds a crazy place, isn’t it?”

Max didn’t reply for a moment, “It is,” he confirmed. “It’s just crazy with everything that’s going on, all the problems it has, there’s still a chance for people, people like us who are merely teenagers, to fall in love.”

“You’re right,” she whispered, leaning up to kiss his lips.

“Lets take a drive out to the cliff and watch the sun set,” Max spoke suddenly, a glint in his eyes.

Roxii couldn’t help but giggle out a, “Sure.”

Once he was standing, Max held his hand out for her and she took it, being gently pulled to her feet.

Rock and roll and faded blue jeans/And standing on the edge of everything/Seventeen.

The couple were sitting on the hood of her fathers car, looking at the town that seemingly was covered by a blanket of thick stars.
“You’d never get a view like this in the city,” whispered Roxii, her head leaning against Max’s chest and her voice heard above the low murmur of the radio, playing some old Van Halen.

Yeah the world was somewhere else/We had the summer all to ourselves/And the stars went off like fireworks.

“Are you still planning on going to Los Angeles in the fall?” asked Max as quiet as he could. He didn’t want to think about it, but reality was settling in and he knew in just a couple months, the beautiful girl in his arms, wouldn’t be there anymore. It wasn’t a fact he liked to face.

Seventeen/livin' on crazy dreams.

“I am,” she murmured. Max let out a long sigh.

“Promise we’ll stay together?”

Roxii held her breath. She didn’t want to think about losing Max. They had been together to long for that to happen to them, but she also knew her future was uncertain once she left their small, Texas town.

Max’s heart stopped or at least it felt that way, “Never mind. Ignore that. Just…please. Let’s not talk about it.” She only nodded in response, humming along to the radio to get passed the awkwardness.

Backseat of her daddy's car/I was trying not to go too far/Kept thinking about the words the preacherman said.

The two teenagers were in the backseat of her fathers cherry red ‘69 Mustang, parked just off the county road before they headed home for the night.

Passion was heavy in the car and their love was something they couldn’t deny. Something they didn’t even want to think about denying each other of.

Max’s kisses were scattered across Roxii’s neck, collarbone and jaw. His lips were something she could never get used to, she swore that till the day she would die, the things Max could do to her would never cease to give her goosebumps.

“Rox,” Max pulled away with a groan to look at the clock. “It’s twelve thirty. You’re dad will kill me if I don’t have you home in thirty minutes.”

Roxii whined playfully at him, “Ten more minutes?” she pouted. Max let out a chuckle and continued kissing her, knowing just the right places to hit.

“I love you,” she whispered, pulling away from him briefly.

Max smiled down at her softly, “I love you too.”

As he went back to kiss her, Roxii jumped from a sudden clap of thunder and then the summer rain began.

Lightnin' flashed across the sky/I saw love in a young girl's eyes/And that's a look you never forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Based off a dream I had earlier this summer. I finally found enough motivation to finish this. It's been sitting in my Word Documents for over a month and a half.

Let me know what you think, please.