Maybe Memories

Morning Glory.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Lee awakens from the agonizing sound of the alarm clock that now shows the time 7:00 AM, and presses the off button to silence it.
'Relief,' she sighs before getting out of bed and heading towards the bathroom. In the hallway, her mother's bender from last night is still lingering in the air as a sharp odor that never seems to go away. It is like this every morning, but Lee refuses to let it ruin her day, each and every day. So therefore, she ignores the smell that in most cases makes her furious, and silently enters the bathroom.
After a while, she is all done and heads downstairs where she is met by empty beer cans all occupying the kitchen counter. She lets a sigh be heard, a dismal one, before she begins putting each and every can into a plastic bag. She counts them every morning. It depends on which day of the week it is, but on this particular day, a Monday, the total amount of beer cans is 24. She hated weekends.

7:15 AM, and Lee has cleaned the kitchen counter. This was a routine that she had unwillingly let herself make a habit out of during her years of growth. Still, the sight of no beer cans in sight at all never failed to put a smile on her face.
She turns on the TV, zapping through random channels before realizing that she has forgotten that here in Orem, MTV is no household TV channel. She lets another sigh be heard, this time out of irritation as she tunes in to a local Christian channel where divine services are being aired 24/7.
A bowl of cereal becomes her breakfast this morning, and with thorough chewing, she feels it filling up her stomach, and giving her a sense of satiety and fullness.
Not surprisingly, the door bell is being heard numerous times at this point, and Lee immediately rushes and opens it.

She knew who it was. She always knew. At this time, Bert, her boyfriend, would always come over to the Miller residence to grab some breakfast before he and her walked together to school. Things were hard for him back at his own house. His parents were loving, but that was not the reason why things were hard.
They were too protective of him, not giving him the space he so desperately needed, and this resulted in leading him in the wrong direction by making him push boundaries.
Therefore, coming over to his girlfriend’s place every morning was just what he needed.

“Shh,” she smiled, holding her index finger over her lips as she sees who is standing outside, before kissing her Bert affectionately on the cheek.
“Hey, babe. Sorry ‘bout that, I forgot not to ring more than once,” he apologized, now stepping inside and placing his black backpack in the hall.
“It’s okay. I didn’t think you’d be here this early, so you kinda caught me off guard.”
“I always seem to do that, huh?” he teased, wiggling his dark eyebrows suggestively, pushing her carefully down on the couch while making her giggle before he lay down himself.

Their lips met; hers plumped and moist, his; chapped and pale.
Their flaws were completed by the other one’s perfection.
Nonetheless, they did not know it themselves.
And because of that, they fulfilled each other completely.

“What the fuck are you watching?” Bert laughed, now noticing which channel the TV was tuned in to.
“Some Christian shit. There wasn't anything else on, so I just found that channel.”
“Ahh, yeah. Go figure. Hey, what’s the time by the way?” he asked, sitting up in the couch.
“7:40 AM.”
”Oh.”
”So we better get going.”
”Where?”
“Um, I don’t know, school maybe?” Lee giggled, rolling her eyes at him.
“Oh, fuck. Yeah…”
“Geez, you’re so forgetful sometimes, you know that?”
“Look who’s talkin’,” Bert grinned, turning off the TV as they both got up from the couch, and put on their shoes. “Hey, how was your mom this weekend? She didn’t give you a hard time, did she?”
“What do you think?”
“Hey, let’s just get the hell out of here, okay?,” he smiled, taking his arm gently around her shoulder before receiving her smile as they grabbed their backpack and headed out of the house.

The chilly August morning breeze hit them in their face as they were walking hand in hand down the street, making Lee shiver.
“Are you cold, babe?”
“No, I’m okay. It’s just the wind,” she assured.
“Doesn’t matter. Here, take my jacket.”
“No, baby, I don’t have to. I’m fine.”
“Don’t make me force you…,” Bert said, cocking his eyebrow with a smile, before persuading her into borrowing his jacket.
A lot could be said about Bert, but selfish was never a word to call him.

Timpanogos High School was located just around the corner to where Lee’s house was, so it did not take long until they reached the high school.
Out in the school yard there were people everywhere, all squirreling around in the school area, and being the hesitators Bert and Lee were, they both faltered when entering the school area.
Her heart raised and she could feel his hand becoming clammy as she was holding it tightly, like if they both were afraid to let go of each other.
“You ready, babe?,” he asked, looking into her eyes with his crystal blues.
“If you are…”
They both took a deep breath, and entered the school yard, now with no turning back to what was going to be their first year at Timpanogos High School.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys, so this is my first ever story that I actually haven't pre-written.
So, yeah; kinda scary you could say.

I just wanted to let you all know that the female character in 'Maybe Memories', Lee, and all the feelings she might experience throughout this story, they're inspired by me.
I'm really hoping you guys'll like this story. (:

xo,
lina.