Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

This whole thing is just effed up.

“Ally wake up” I opened my eyes to the curtain being ripped back. “Jesus Nick why don’t you be a little more hostile towards the curtain.” I said sitting up, “Bite me” He said from the front of the bus. Wow what is he five years old?! It’s been about a week and half and Nick and I are in an all out war. We don’t speak and if we do it’s rude comments towards each other or we end up yelling at each other. Yea we’ve been in fights before but this one is getting pretty bad. For example the other day we were in a hotel in Dallas and Nicole and I were listening to my iPod. All Your Fault by the Plain White T’s came on so I turned it up louder, yea I knew it’d piss him off only because he had asked about ten times before to turn it down but I didn’t expect him to go incredible hulk on me. He threw a fit! He took my iPod out of the speaker and threw it across the room until landed against the metal door and snapped in half. Next he ripped the speaker out of the wall and threw it across the room, that also was broken. He took our suitcase with everyone’s stuff in it and threw it in the opposite direction (almost beheading me and Nicole in the process). The next victim of the outburst was going to be the lamp but by then Kevin restrained him and Joe yanked the lamp out of his arms. Talk about anger issues much?! Not gonna lie, it freaked me out. A lot.

That night me, Lindsey, and Nicole all sat in Kevin and Lindsey's connected room and listened while Joe and Kevin screamed at Nick for acting the way he did. Well a few days later I found a new iPod, an iPod speaker, and a flower sitting on my bunk. I smelled the flower and let out a sigh, This boy has some serious issues. I hopped down from the bunk and made my way towards the shower. We were guest starring on Ellen today. Kill me. I am not in the mood to pretend I’m happy. I’m getting sick and tired of it, all this fake stuff. It’s driving me INSANE. On the way into the building I got a little dizzy and lost my balance. I regained it quickly but it didn’t go unnoticed. “Are you okay?” Nick asked quickly then clenched his fist, he was angry that his concern broke threw the angry act he had been portraying towards me. “I’m fine” I said rudely and kept walking. I’ve been eating less and less just to piss him off. It’s working to.

“Oh do not worry Ally I would have laughed to, no offense Kevin!” Ellen said laughing along with the audience. I had just shared my story on how I even got on the stage to begin with, how Kevin broke his hand. “Oh none taken” Kevin said rolling his eyes laughing. “So now I know you hate this part because well everyone does so let’s all groan together now….the dating questions” we all let out a groan and the audience laughed. “Okay well Kevin it’s rumored that you and Lindsey are datting, true or false?” “I have a question.” He said. “Yes?” Ellen asked back confused. “Okay now if I was seen in public with say Ally, does that mean I’m dating her?” “Well are you?” Ellen asked raising an eyebrow. I made a disgusted face, Kevin’s like my brother! “NO!” He said back with the same face, “She’s like my sister!” Everyone laughed including me. “So i don’t get what your saying?” Ellen said. “It just means, no matter who I’m seen with in public do not assume we're dating.” He said laughing. “Okay…well joseph you and a miss Nicole who is actually Ally’s best friend right?” “Correct” He said. “So you are dating!?” She said jumping up and putting her feet under her. “What!? I mean no.” He said shaking his head quickly. “But now your turning red! And you’re all jumpy!” “No I’m not!” “Dude your like shaking the floor” Nick said laughing. “Shut up Nick. I meant correct about being Al’s best friend.” “Well what about the dating part?” “Well she’s a great girl, and any one would be lucky to date her.” I laughed, Joe always gives the answer.

The crowed awed and I looked off stage at Nicole in the front row with Lindsey. She was red. “Okay Nick and Ally dating again yet?” Ellen asked excitedly. “No” I answered quickly. “Were just friends….” Nick said looking at me. “Yea just friends, friends and that’s it. Never anything more” I said starring back at him. Kevin laughed to break up the awkwardness. “Okay well now the boys are going to send us out of here while performing Tonight! Let’s Rock n’ Roll!” Ellen shouted grabbing my hand. All of us ran over towards the other stage where the boys started to play the all to familiar song to me. Did you know Nick had been working on that song since we were about thirteen? Well he started it then anyway. He claimed to have writers block. I say lack of talent. Sorry that’s the bitterness breaking through the happiness I’m faking. My bad.

Me and Ellen danced around while the boys played and I slipped. I fell right on my butt but pulled Joe down with me. We both just started laughing hysterically as Ellen started shouting random words trying to ‘save’ the act. It wasn’t working. The cameras cut out and the fans were asked repeatedly to return to their seats. I sat up with Joe and Kevin helped us up laughing. “Sorry Joe, but I was not going down alone on national television” I said laughing. “Selfish” Nick mumbled from his spot. “Excuse me?” I said glaring at him. He looked at me like what? “Care to share with the rest of the studio audience nick?!” I yelled starting to walk towards him. Kevin grabbed my arm. “Not here Ally, there’s about two hundred people behind you watching” was harshly whispered in my ear as Kevin pulled me off stage. I yanked my arm out from his grip once we were in the hall way. “I’m fine Kev.” I said. “This whole fighting thing has got to stop.” He said sternly to me. “Stay out of it Kevin.” I said walking away. Where I was headed….no idea.

Twenty minutes later and I was back sitting in our dressing room playing cards with Frankie. Mr. Jonas was a little late picking us up due to traffic, no biggie though. Some one threw open the door and with out even looking I knew immediately who it was, the only Jonas Brother that currently wasn’t in the room. “Ally can I talk to you for a minute?” Nick asked standing over me. “I don’t know Nick can you? Or will you start yelling at me for something I did wrong…I think I remembered to put the cap on the toothpaste today but then again I might forget because I’m just a selfish stupid bitch right?” I asked not looking at him. Frankie’s eyes got huge when I said bitch. “Outside now!” Nick shouted grabbing my arm. “Yes master” I said as he dragged me out of the door. “Um Nick this a hallway" I said once we stopped. “well no shit Sherlock” He said looking around. I rolled my eyes as he pulled me down the hall with him until we were outside a door that read supply closet. “This will work” He said opening the door. I walked in and he followed behind me closing the door.

It was pitch black and I could feel him breathing on me. I pulled the string between us and the light flooded the cramp dark space. He just starred at me. “Well are you going to say something or just stare at me!?” I said agitated. “Did you mean it?” “Mean what?” I asked, I had no idea what he was talking about. “About the just being friends thing” He said like I should have known exactly what he was talking about. “Maybe” I said shifting my weight. “why?” He whispered quietly. Well wasn’t expecting that. I thought he’d be angry or want to be just friends. “What do you mean why!? Nick look at us!! We can’t go two weeks with out getting into a huge argument and not speaking for another week and half!! We fight constantly!!” “Ally that’s just us, you tell me when I’m being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when your being a pain in the ass, which you are ninety nine percent of the time, but I’m not afraid to hurt your feelings ally because you have a rebound rate of about two seconds before your off doing the next pain in the ass thing!” he said. I looked up at him slowly; I could see the smile playing on his lips. “Cute Nick, you can recite a line from my favorite movie” I said. “I thought that would work” He said leaning back against the door covering his face with his hands, obviously frustrated that it hadn’t.

“Nick we’ve been cutting each other up every day for the past two weeks, you can’t expect for everything to go back to the way it was because you don’t want to fight anymore. Life doesn’t work the way it does in movies.” I pushed past him and tried to twist the door knob. It wouldn’t move. “twist and push ally. It’s a door” Nick said with a scoff. “It’s locked dumbass.” I said before kicking it in frustration, “what?!” nick asked trying for himself. “It’s locked” He confirmed. “Well no shit Sherlock.” I said quoting him from earlier. I backed up until I hit the shelfing unit behind me. I watched as a roll of toilet paper fell from the top and unraveled it’s self a little on it’s journey down. I watched as it rolled under the shelves to our left, “Ally what happened?” he asked quietly. “What do you mean?” I asked looking over at him “One guy tells you your fat and look at you! What happened to the girl that I grew up with!? The one that taught me how to jump from the swings!? The one who was fearless!? The one who used to beat up Joe because he made fun of her!? What happened to the girl who didn’t care what people thought of her!? What happened to that Jersey girl?!” He asked getting upset. “SHE GREW UP NICK. I’M SORRY I’M NOT BULLET PROOF. I’M SORRY I’M NOT AS STRONG AS YOU THOUGHT I WAS. I’M SORRY I THINK I’M FAT. I’M SORRY I’VE CHANGED!!!” I shouted back. Just then the door opened. “Thank god!!” I shouted walking out of the closet. “Um care to explain?” A confused Mr. Jonas asked looking between me and Nick. “Uh..” I started. We couldn’t tell him we were fighting again. After our little outburst at Applebee’s over me ordering a salad last night Mr. Jonas freaked and said that if he caught us fighting again we’d be sorry…I don’t wanna be sorry.

“Sorry dad, we were trying to pull a prank on the rest of the group but got locked in.” Nick said looking at the ground. Great now he was upset. “Why did I hear yelling?” “Sorry I started to get a little claustrophobic.” I lied. “That was not smart you two. We almost left with out you” “Sorry” We both mumbled. As we got on the bus Nick went straight back to his bunk and I collapsed on the couch next to Nicole and Kevin. “So guessing the conversation didn’t go so well?” Nicole asked looking up from her phone. “You could say that.” I said and she squeezed my hand. I don’t get it. Nick get’s me so angry but yet I feel guilty for making him upset. This whole thing is just effed up.