Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

Number Five.

“KIWI!!” Joe yelled and Nicole slammed her hand to her head in frustration as we all laughed. We were all playing Pictionary and Joe isn’t the best partner to have. “TIMES UP!” Kevin shouted as the sand ran out of the hourglass. “KIWI JOE SERISOULY!?” Nicole shouted. “What was it???” Joe asked grabbing the card from her hand. “A BYCICLE WHEEL JOE!!” She shouted at him causing us all to laugh. “Wow, I’m sorry.” He said putting the card down. “Thank you” She said calming down. “SORRY YOU SUCK AT DRAWING!!” He shouted and finished with a HA. I let out a loud laugh as Nicole’s face turned red with anger. “Guys it’s just a game!” Lindsey said laughing. “Yea, just because both of you suck at it don’t ruin it for us!” Frankie said grabbing the next card and moving on with the game.

With everything that happened today it was really nice just to be able to sit around and be loud and obnoxious by ourselves. “Okay, okay. Go Frankie go!” I said flipping the timer. I watched as he quickly started to draw whatever he had read off the card. Looks like a cannon. “Cannon!” I shouted. “YES!!” He shouted jumping up and cheering. We high fived as everyone else groaned. “You guys so cheat!” Joe complained. “No they only do so well because Ally has a mind of eight year old so her and Frankie connect perfectly!” Nicole said as an insult. “Hey!!” I shouted as I threw a pillow at her. The doorbell rang. “I’ll get it!” Frankie shouted, “It’s the pizza guy bud” I said throwing him back down on the couch. “Then Joe can get it!” He shouted laughing. A couple minutes later and we all were sitting at the table passing around the pizza. “Pizza?” Joe asked me offering a slice. “um sure.” I said as he placed it on my paper plate. No one looked over at me but I knew they all were waiting so I took a small bite of the pizza and looked around and saw a smile on everyone’s face. “What?” I asked taking another bite. “Nothing” Joe said shoving his own pizza in his mouth.

“Lets watch high school musical!” Frankie shouted. “Frank we watch that all the time” Nick complained. “So?” He asked. “So let’s watch a new movie” He said. “But I wanna watch this one” He said taking it from Nick. “Any objections?” He asked us all sitting on the couch. No one even moved. “Ugh put it in then” Nick said sitting on the floor. We all knew Frankie would fall asleep in about twenty minutes anyway. We were right. After he fell asleep and was carried up into Nick’s bed we all decided to put on the radio. We were dancing around to Kanye’s Stronger when the radio switched songs. We all bobbed along for a second as the beat switched and then I heard the song. “OH MY GOD!!!” I shouted jumping up. “OH MY GOD ITS YOU!!” Joe shouted jumping up with me. “ITS ME!!!” I yelled. We turned it up louder and everyone danced around and belted out the familiar song lyrics. “I’M COMING HOME DID YOU TAKE OFF WHILE I WAS GONE!?” “HOME COMING! HOME COMING!” We all danced around and shouted. Soon it was over and the radio announcer came on. “Well everyone that’s her! Ally Windle in the number five spot with Homecoming! And now then here’s your number four, Jonas Brothers with Love Bug.” “oh my God” I said to myself. “NUMBER FIVE!?!?!” Kevin shouted. “Number five?” I asked looking over at them. “YOU’RE NUMBER FIVE!!” Nicole shouted running over and tackling me in a hug. “AHH THIS IS CRAZY!!” Joe shouted over his own singing voice coming from the radio. “Yea seriously she almost beat us!!” Nick said shocked. “Oh my god. I did. I almost beat the Jonas Brothers!? Holy Shit!!!” I said bouncing up and down. “Wow.” Kevin said running his hand through his hair. “Someone’s getting famous!!!!” Joe yelled loudly. I smiled and took a deep breath and sat down. Someone’s getting famous looped around my mind. I’m getting famous. I smiled at everyone around me. “Um I’ll be right back.” I said quickly getting up and then running out the back door and out onto the rainy beach.

For the second time that day I collapsed in the wet sand. “I’m getting famous.” I said quietly to myself. I stood up and squealed. I never thought this would take me all that far. I started spinning around and staring at the stars above me spin with me and I knew at that moment my dad was there, spinning with me. “Ally are you okay???” Was shouted to me. I looked back and squinted through the rain. “Are you crazy?! Come on!” Nick shouted running towards me. “I’M NUMBER FIVE!!” I shouted up into the sky. “Yea you’re number five” He said laughing at my behavior. “Scream it with me?” I asked him. “You’re crazy” He said shaking his head no. “Do it!” “No!” He said laughing now. “DO IT!” I said lightly running away from him, “Ally come on!” “No, only if you scream it I’ll come in!” I said dodging his attempt to grab my arm. After a few minutes of us running zig zag on the beach he gave up. “Fine I’ll do it!” He said. I slowly walked towards him, cautiously. “On the count of three….” I said. “One. Two. Three.” “YOU’RE NUMBER FIVE!!” he shouted throwing his head back. I laughed at him and he smiled at me. “Jeez Nick you didn’t have to be so loud about it.” I said walking back towards the house. “You’re such an annoying little-“ He started but then I tripped over a piece of driftwood that I didn’t see in the rain. “You okay?” He asked rushing to help me up. “Yea” I said jumping up. “So guess what” He said putting his arm around my shoulders as we walked up the stairs. “What?” I asked. “You’re number five” He whispered. I almost didn’t hear him over the rain but I could see his smile and I smiled back. Number five. Wow.