Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

The perfect day.

“What am I supposed to do while you’re out with Mitchel!?” Nicole whined for the millionth time. “Nicole you have your own boyfriend!” I said. “But we can’t go out because “The paparazzi will see us” He says it every time I ask!” She whined more. I mentally groaned at Joseph for being so secretive. “Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to let your relationship be in the public, I mean sure you’d become number one hated girl on the planet but hey, it might be worth it” I said from the closet. I was changing into a sun dress for my date. “Yea, right. He’d never go for it” she said pretty quietly. “Hey, what’s really wrong?” I asked walking out of the closet after tying the bow behind my back. “Nothing?” She questioned. “Nicole.” “Alright fine, it’s no big deal but I’m tired of not being able to talk to him out in public, look at him, smile with him, or god forbid hold his hand let alone kiss him!” “Then say something to him Nicole!” “Like what?” she asked covering her face and groaning. “I don’t know maybe what you just said to me?” I said applying some eyeliner. “Oh I have Ally. Only about twenty times! Every time he just says we can’t and then gets up and leaves” “Then pin him down and make him explain why, it’s Joe he has to have a good reason.” “That’s the point. I don’t think I want to know the reason if he can’t tell me.” She said sitting up. “Nicole don’t worry, I promise everything will be okay.” “You sure?” “I’ll beat him up if it goes wrong.” I said causing her to laugh. “I’ll go talk to him. Maybe we can go out tonight” She said hopefully getting up. I smiled a reassuring smile to her before she left the room. I hope to god everything works out with them.

I waited a few minutes and then heard some yelling then a door slam. Thanks God. I sighed and walked out into the main room. Joe was sitting there head in hands. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “You already know Al.” “Joe why can’t you just do things with her?” “Because what about what the tabloids will say!?” “Who cares what they say about you?! That’s low Joe. Real low that you care about your own image more then your girlfriend's” I said bitterly crossing my arms. He laughed. “Ally not about me, about her” He whispered. I cocked my head. “What do you mean?” “Al, sit down.” I walked over slowly and sat next to him. “We never showed you or told you but the tabloids went crazy over you being with us, they said such awful things that it hurt to read them, and I wasn’t even you! None of us were. We swore to never let you see or find out about them.” “AW. Joe you guys did that for me?!” He laughed. “Yea, and I don’t want have to do that again. Especially for the girl I’m in love with. It would kill me to see horrible things written about her because she was with me.” “Joseph Adam Jonas!” Was shouted from the railing above us. We looked up and there was Nicole. “You are the sweetest, most caring person in the world!!” She shouted running down the steps and I laughed. “I can’t believe you’d try to shield me like that!!” She squealed jumping on to him. I just laughed and stood up. “I’ll leave you two alone then” I said walking towards the front door. It was almost seven, Mitchel should be here soon.

I heard someone walking up behind me and I turned. “Over working it much?” He said to me. “It’s a dress Nick.” I said rolling my eyes. “Pretty revealing…” He said buttoning up a button on his shirt. “I wore it out with you before.” “Aw good, he gets my seconds!” “You are the most stubborn, ano-“ “No matter how much I wish I could stand here and listen to you list the synonyms for myself, I have a date I have to get to because un like yours I’m going to be on time.” He said with a cocky grin. I punched him in the arm. “Ow!” “You deserve it Jerk!” I shouted just as there was a knock. “Move. It’s my date on time!” “He’s early.” He said laughing. “To bad you’ll be late.” “I just told you I’m going to be on time.” He said confused. “Not if you don’t have these!” I said grabbing his keys from his hands and throwing them behind me. With out being planed they went down the vent in the floor further down the hallway. “ALLY!!” He shouted as I opened the door. “Hi Mitchel!” I said. “Have fun being late Nick!” I said and laughed as he glared at me. “Uh, hey man” Mitchel said awkwardly. Nick turned around and got down on his knees and took up the vent. “Um should I know what he’ s doing?” “Yea your date was being immature and threw my car keys down the vent so I couldn’t go on my date!” He said putting his arm down the vent. “Nick do not lie. Just because you have butter fingers.” I said with a straight face causing him to glare at me. “You are such a little anoy-“ “As much as I’d love to stand here and listen to you list synonyms for myself, we have a date to be going on.” I heard Nicole laugh from the background with Joe, they had been listening to our argument the whole time. He rolled his eyes as Mitchel let me walk out the door first.

“Should I know something?” Mitchel asked as all the flashes went off from the paparazzi that had taken up a permanate residence outside our door. “Just a normal fight between us. Nothing new” I said shrugging. “Seems fun” He said laughing as he started his car. “Oh it’s like a contest.” I said laughing as he smiled. “And who's the winner?” “The one who hits the hardest” I said looking out the window with my smile. “Ouch, doesn’t sound like so much fun anymore” He said turning onto the main road. “Well it is if you know how to play,” I said looking over at him. “And do you?” He asked looking over at me then back to the road. “If it was an Olympic sport, I’d take the gold and Nick wouldn’t even receive honorable mention,” I said laughing slightly. He laughed and shook his head. “You’re a lot tougher then you look Ally Windle.” “Don’t judge a book by its cover Mitchel.” I said and he laughed nodding his head, “I think I’ve heard that one before” He said smiling while turning on the radio.

“This place is so cool!” I sad for like the millionth time, was I keeping count? No, but Mitchel was. “Ally that’s like the millionth time you’ve said that.” He said laughing and I smiled. “Sorry, it just really is.” We went to a carnival that was being held up along the beach on the boardwalk. Apparently Mitchel’s hotel wasn’t to far from it and he had seen it last night. “Well I am glad you like it” He said while handing me a cotton candy stick. I smiled a thank you and took a piece and put it into my mouth. He stole a chunk of his own as we walked towards the railing. “It’s so pretty to look at isn’t it?” I asked him. “The water? Yea. But something’s distracting me” He said. “What do you mean?” I asked laughing at him. “You’re distracting me. You’re to pretty. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I haven’t been with myself at all tonight” He said laughing and I blushed. “Thanks Mitchel” “Just telling you the truth” He said laughing back and leaning on the railing. I leaned over the railing with him, “It’s nice not having the paparazzi around” He said. “I know. They’ve taken a residence out front of our condo” I said. “I noticed.” He said laughing. “Yea. It was cool in the beginning but not so much anymore.” “I hear ya.” He said stretching out a bit. I yawned causing him to yawn to. “What time is it??” I asked looking back up to the moon then to it’s own reflection in the ocean. “Um almost ten thirty.” “We should probably start back” I said talking out to the ocean. “I don’t want to though at all” I admitted bluntly. He laughed. “You’re condo is on the beach.” “I know but you aren’t” I said smiling up at him and he smiled. “Now were even on the blushing scale” He said laughing and looking away. I laughed and he took my hand. “Let’s head back”. I sighed. “If we must” I said and we made our way back to the car.

I walked into the house expecting to be bombarded with questions by Nicole and Joe but no one was home. “Hello!?” I got no response. “Anyone home!?!” I shouted again walking towards the kitchen. “Of course not. The one night I come home on time everyone else decides to break curfew. YOU KNOW IT’D BE NICE IF I WAS TOLD WHEN WE WERE GOING TO BREAK THE RULES!” I yelled out. Who was I talking to? Myself really. I knew no one else was home to hear me. I sighed out loudly and looked around. This place really was nice. I’m so glad we have a week off. I ran my hand through my hair as I walked over to the counter. I noticed a bright pink sticky note and read it Joe and Nicole went out. Be back late. I smiled, I’m glad they decided to go out. On the other side was a note from Kevin, Driving around to clear my head from wedding songs. Be back later. I laughed, poor kid. He’s been knee deep in wedding plans this week since it really is one of the only times they can sit down together and plan it out. Plus, Lindsey leaves next week for back home. I threw out the note and walked out to the balcony. I leaned against the railing and watched the ocean, I noticed a guy and a girl walking along the beach hand in hand. I smiled inwardly at them. I might sound like a creep, but I stood there and watched as the two started spinning around and laughing. I watched as he kissed her. Today over all was just a good day. Everything went my way and I pretty much had a smile on the whole day. I took in a deep breath and exhaled.

I love the beach. It gives you this feeling, somewhat of an empty feeling I guess. Just makes everything feel okay. I heard the girl squeal and start shouting. I looked out and saw the boy picking her up and threatening to throw her into the cold water. I laughed quietly and turned around once I actually realized I’ll look like such a creep if they notice me. I walked in and sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. I scrolled threw the channels and found A Walk To Remember. I turned it on and sat back and started to watch the movie I had seen at least a dozen times before. I was quietly singing along with Mandy Moore when the front door was swung open. “HONEY I’M HOME!!” Was bellowed through out the whole house. I turned around and looked at Joe like he was crazy. “Oh hey Al” He said normally and walked over towards the couch and flipped over the back of it. He landed upside down. Nicole was laughing and shut the door and came in. “So where’d you two go?” I asked as she sat down on the other couch. “Movies” Joe said twisting himself around. “To see?” I asked. “My Sisters Keeper, it was real sad” Nicole said while typing on her phone. “What could you possibly be typing on that thing now?” Joe asked. “Twitter.” She said. “Did Miley put up pictures from the game?” “Yeasm, yesterday she did. People think you and Mitchel look cute together, I won’t say anything about her and Nick though” She said still looking at her phone. “Hey now, what did they say!?” I asked. “Nothing, don’t worry bout it.” She said standing up quickly. “NICOLE. TELL ME!” “I feel a chase scene!” Joe shouted. “Joe she would not cha-“ Nicole started but screamed when she saw me jumping towards her phone.