Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

...the day ain't so perfect anymore.

Twenty three minutes later Nicole’s phone was in the toilet. “ALLY!” “How can they say those things about me! They don’t even know me!” I shouted. “HAS IT CROSSED YOUR MIND YET THAT YOU JUST THREW MY PHONE INTO THE TOILET!?!” Nicole shouted. “Oh my god, Nicole I am so sorry!! Let’s go get you a new one.” I said quickly jumping up all flustered. “Right now Ally?” she asked me. “Yea let’s go!” I said grabbing my purse and keys. “ALLY IT’S MIDNIGHT. WHAT PLACE IS OPEN AT MIDNIGHT!?” She shouted to me as I was running towards the door. “Shit. First thing tomorrow Nicole I promise, and you can get the best phone in the store. I promise!” I said to her as she walked out to meet me in the front hallway. “Alright.” She said. “Are you mad at me?” “I was, but now you get to buy me a new better phone so I’m over it.” She said shrugging. “Okay good. But did you see what they said about me!?!” I shouted again walking back towards the family room where Joe was watching America’s Funniest Home videos. “What’s the yelling about?” He asked. “She read what everyone was saying about her on Twitter.” “This would be why we didn’t show her the magazines Nicole.” He said rubbing his head. “you all knew everyone’s been calling me a psycho crazy controlling bitch!?” I shouted. “Ally we have neighbors!” Joe shouted. I sighed. “Now calm down, They don’t know you, who cares what they say about you. We know it’s not true, and you know it’s not true.” Joe said to me. “Where did they even get that from though!?” I said sitting down. “They made it up to make themselves feel better” Nicole offered as she sat down. “What do you mean?” “I mean come on Ally, you in a position every girl in the world would kill to be in.” She said. “No I’m not” I said shaking my head. “Ally. You live with the Jonas Brothers.” Nicole said pointing to Joe who was looking at the TV. “So, what’s so great about that?” I asked. “HEY!” Joe shouted acting offended. We ignored him. “Pretend that you’re a twelve year old girl who has their faces plastered up all over your walls in your bedroom. Wouldn’t you be jealous of you?” Nicole asked. I sighed. “It still hurts to read it.” I mumbled as the back door opened from the balcony. We all looked back towards the door and saw Miley and Nick walking in laughing. “Where were you two? It’s midnight” Joe said. “We got back at ten, we’ve just been out here.” Nick said. “Wait- you two were on the beach?” I asked. “Mhm, just walking around.” Miley said sitting down. Nick sat down beside her on the arm of a chair. “Was anyone else out there?” I asked. “No, why?” Nick asked. “GOD DAMN IT!” I shouted and stood up. “MY PERFECT DAY IS TOTALLY OVER NOW!” I shouted and stormed off to my room.

I was in a fit of rage in my room. I started freaking out at first throwing my shoes here and there pretending to be looking for something, anything. Then it dawned on me, why am I so angry? I mean, yea the perfect happy couple I saw on the beach that made me smile turned out to be Miley and Nick…so what? I had a great time tonight with Mitchel. Nick can see whoever he wants just like I can. I sighed and dropped to the ground in the closet surrounded by my shoes and clothes.

So I had haters. Everyone has haters. I just wish I knew where they got the whole psycho crazy controlling bitch thing from. That way I could publicly apologize or prove them wrong or whatever it would take to get rid of that horrible title. I mean come on, no one wants to be known as that. I picked up a nearby sneaker and chucked it hard against the wall. “Al?” I heard someone call from the bedroom door. I sighed. I just embarrassed myself in front of everyone by freaking out in there. Great. “In here” I said more quietly then I had intended. I laid back on to the big heap of clothing and shoes I had taken out in rage and sighed. “Um why are you in your closet?” I opened my eyes and then closed them again. “I was looking for something” I mumbled. “Oh. Well are you okay?” “I’m fine Joe. Thanks for asking” I said sitting up. “We uh heard you throwing things, I’m guessing shoes?” He asked stepping aside for me to see all the shoes I had thrown. “Um yea” I said picking up another one and chucking it. “You’re sure you’re okay?” “Yea. I’m sure. Look can you just tell everyone I’m going to bed now? I have a headache and have to clean all this up.” I said starting to pick up the random shoes around myself and put them back in their rightful places. “Sure, want me to bring you some Tylenol?” He asked. “That’d be great” I said and then he left. I got up and went out to the bedroom to get all the other shoes I had thrown and tossed them into the bottom of the closet. “I am not cleaning all this up.” I said to myself and went into the bathroom. I stared at myself for a few moments before Joe came back in. “Here you go Ally.” He said from the bedroom. I looked out and saw him putting down the two pills and a glass of water. “Thanks Joe” I said closing the door. I jumped into the shower for a bit and sat in the bottom of it singing Only Hope from the movie over and over again.

“Ally?” “Ally???” “Ally where are you!?” “Guys I don’t know where Ally is!!!!” I stirred for a minute and then opened my eyes. “Ally, oh my god Ally what are you doing!?” I sat up and realized, I had fallen asleep in the bottom of the shower. “I, I fell asleep.” I said standing up and getting out with a towel wrapped around myself. “Jesus, you scared me!” Nicole shouted hugging me. I laughed at her, “Nicole what did you think I was doing?” “I thought you were trying to drowned yourself or something” She said still hugging me. “Nicole please look at the shower, how could I drowned myself in it?” She looked over and laughed realizing the shower had to only have a rim off the ground of about 5 inches. “I don’t know. But are you okay? Joe told me you seemed upset.” “Yea, I’m fine.” I said turning off the water behind me. “You scared us, we could all hear you singing and then suddenly Nick came running down the steps to tell us you’d stop, and then I went to the bed room and couldn’t find you.” She explained. “Sorry” I said. “It’s okay just don’t ever fall asleep in the shower again.” She said flicking my arm. “ow!” I said rubbing the spot she flicked. “Don’t ever do it again!” She said leaving. I laughed at my crazy friend and quickly dried off and changed into some pajamas. I brushed out my hair and teeth and went into the bedroom. I read one thirty off the clock and yawned. I crawled into the big bed and took the pills Joe had laid there earlier and soon fell asleep thinking of how much things had changed the past few months.

I woke up and decided to go for a run. I changed into some running shorts and a sports bra and slipped on my sneakers and grabbed my iPod. I made it to the back door and twisted the knob to open the door before I was stopped. “Ally.” I twisted around and saw Joe standing there. I did a double take. “Joe?” I asked astonished. “Going for a run?” He asked. “Yea” I said. “Oh, mind if I come?” He asked coming all the way down the stairs. “Oh I don’t care.” I said. He grabbed his own iPod from the island in the kitchen and then we started down towards the beach. “Just tap me when you wanna stop” He said stretching down to his toes. I did the same. “Alright, you do the same.” I said turning on my iPod I saw him nod and we took off down the beach. Two hours later and we were still running, Joe was starting to lag and I could tell he was getting tired. We had run up and down the beach a total of five times. People were starting to sit out and take pictures of us now. Stupid paparazzi. I didn’t care though, what bad can they say about running on a beach? I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked over and saw Joe slowing down. I came to a stop a few feet ahead of him and took out my ear bud. “I’m gonna go in. You should to Ally, We’ve been out here for awhile.” He said panting a bit. “Nah, I’m fine. I’m gonna keep going” “Ally” “I’m fine Joe. I promise” I said while I put the ear bud back in my ear. I didn’t wait for his response as I turned around and started running again.

I ran for another hour or so before I started to feel a tad dizzy. I was about ten condos down from ours so I kept running towards it. When I got closer I saw Nick, Miley, Nicole and Kevin all out on the deck. I didn’t exactly want to go up there anymore but I needed to stop or else I was going to pass out. I jogged my way up to the stairs. “Ah, track star runner is finally coming in?” Kevin asked me from above. I looked up to answer him and started to see black. I put my head back down and grabbed onto the railing and slowly slid down till I was on my knees. “Al?” “I’m fine” I mumbled out. I crawled up the steps with my vision starting to fade on me. “Ally?” I could hear Nick saying but he sounded like he was really far. “Guys, I, I think I’m going to faint” I said. “Jesus Ally not again!” Was shouted just as everything went black.