Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

"He's good for you"

“Ally there you are! We couldn’t find you anywhere.” Joe said happily walking onto the bus. I was curled up in a ball watching TV in the back of the bus. “Here this rang.” Kevin said tossing my phone on to the couch beside me. I grabbed it and looked at the missed call. Mitchel Musso. I starred at it. “Al, can we talk?” Nick asked waking into the room. “Oh I didn’t know you all were back here.” Nick said realizing that everyone was, like he said, back here. “Sure.” I said not moving. There was some silence as I watched the reveal on Clean House. These shows are strangely addicting. “Guys, please?” Nick said and I heard some muffles and groans as everyone got up and left the back. I heard Nick close the door and I soon saw him come into view. He took the remote from me turned off the television and sat on the small coffee table before me. “Ally.” He said and I sat up. “Nick.” I said back. “I talked to Miley.” “Okay” I said wanting him to get to the point. “Al, she said I could have a second chance…. that she’d forgive me.” He said looking everywhere but at me. Is this kid serious!? “So you’re going back to her….even though you just told me how much you loved me this morning….and we hooked up….” I said narrowing my eyes at him. “Ally I do love you. I just love Miley to.” He said and my heart sank. “She just knows me really well and we’ve worked hard for what we have…” He said again avoiding my stare. “I’ve known you since you I was born. You don’t call that working hard for a relationship Nick? SEVENTEEN YEARS!” I shouted the last part loosing my temper. “Ally you know what I meant” He said rubbing his hands threw his curly hair. “Sure. You’re right. Go ahead, back to Miley. You two are cute together…. deserve each other.” I said faking my saneness about the whole subject. “Al, Mitchel called you to…. I think he’s going to forgive you…you know work things out?” He asked standing up. “So that’s it then? Just pretend we don’t love each other? Pretend nothing ever happened?” I asked and he sighed. “Ally.” He said. “I was just making sure.” I said standing up and grabbing my phone. I opened the back door and stormed towards the front of the bus trying to keep my cool. “Can we stop the bus?” I asked through my teeth. “No, were on the way to Cleveland.” Joe said eating a Twizzler. “Can we PLEASE stop the bus!?” I asked again louder while tossing my phone onto the open kitchen table. “Al, what’s wrong?” Nicole asked climbing out of the booth. “CAN SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THE BUS!?!” I shouted on the top of my lungs. “Guys stop the bus,” Nick said from the back. “Uh, stop the bus!” Kevin shouted. The whole bus went to the shoulder of the highway and the doors opened. I ran down the steps and out of the doors. The cold air of the summer night hit my face and I took a deep breath. I ran to the guardrail and gripped it tightly. I starred at the cars whizzing by underneath me. I didn’t even notice the tears coming down my cheeks until I saw them falling down to the cars below.

“Ally do you wanna talk about it?” Came a quiet voice. I just wiped the tears away the best I could. “Why do you care anyway? You should be happy right? I’m getting what I deserved.” I said as I watched a red mini van switch lanes with out a turn signaland get beeped at. I felt him hug me and I let out another shaky tear filled breath. “Al, what happened?” He asked. “I was stupid Kevin. I thought everything would go back the way they used to be. Just me and him. But I don’t think it’ll ever be the same.” He rubbed my back and shushed me. “Ally I was wrong to be so angry at you.” He said hugging me tighter. “It’s okay Kev.” I said taking a deep breath. “Al, we both know Nick’s dumb. But I know you deserve to be happy.” “What are you saying?” I asked pulling away and wiping a tear away. “Call Mitchel back.” He said with a smile. I smiled at him. “Thanks Kevin.” I said and he rubbed my back. A few minutes passed and we just watched the cars, “So ready to get back on that bus?” He asked and I nodded. “Yea, I wanna call Mitchel.” I said and he laughed, “That’s the spirit Al” He said as we stepped up onto the bus. “Thanks Kev.” I said hugging him once the bus started moving. “No problem Al.” He said with a wink as he walked back to his bunk. “Everything okay now?” Joe asked and I could hear his voice filled with caution. I laughed. “Yea, everything’s okay.” I said sitting down with a nice clean calm breath. “So you gonna call Mitchel?” Nicole asked inching my cell phone closer to me. “Yea. Right now.” I said grabbing it. “We’ll leave you alone then, Come on Joe!” Nicole said grabbing him. “Fine but can we watch Transformers, I haven’t seen it in forever” He said dragging out the word forever. I laughed as I heard Nicole simply say no. She hates that movie.

I looked at the phone and starred at the missed call. “It’s not gonna dial it’s self Ally.” Nick said and I looked up at him. “Nick don’t start.” I said looking out the window. I felt him sit down in the booth and I ignored him. “Ally I wanna explain myself better." I stared out at the dark sky. "can you listen to me please?” I just ignored him. He sighed and moved over so all I could see was his face. His ugly, mind changing, heart breaking, tear causing face. “Ally. Call Mitchel. I know he’s good for you.” Nick said quietly and I looked into his eyes. “What?” I asked. “This is really hard for me to do but look you will never know how much I love you, trust me. But I know I’m stupid, dumb, not good enough, mean and I break your heart every time. I don’t want to do that anymore Al. I can’t see you crying and know I caused it. So please. For my sake, and yours, call Mitchel. Make up. Get back together with him. I promise he won’t do what I’ve done to you.” I just starred at him. Was he serious? “Ally please.” He asked looking truly upset and he was going to cry. I turned away for a moment and starred at the microwave across the way. I starred as the digital clock changed from twelve thirty two to twelve thirty three. I looked back just as he was wiping a stray tear, I pretended not to notice. “Okay.” I said quietly. How many times can a person's heart break before it's to much?