Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

Wiffel ball.

“How was it?” Nick asked as Nicole and I came walking onto the bus. “It was good, Ally made a guest star appearance” Nicole said elbowing me. “What?” He asked looking at me. “Mitchel got me on stage so I sang part of a song with him.” I explained. “Oh, what song?” He asked. “Shout It.” I answered sitting down at the table with him. “Nice.” He said looking back to the TV. “Why are you out here?” Nicole asked leaning against the counter. “Joe and Kevin were playing Rock Band, I didn’t feel like it.” He said shrugging. Nicole nodded and walked towards the back of the bus. “So, tour’s almost over.” I said. “I know, sucks.” He said slouching further down. “There’s always next summer.” I said making him smile. “Yea, dad said something about a world tour. Could you imagine?” He asked and I smiled. Whenever Nick talked about his music he always got the same twinkle in his eyes. It was something that would always be there for him. “So, how’s Miley?” I asked and he sighed. “Good. Were going to be in Georgia the same time she is this week, so I’ll get to see her.” He said and I smiled while noding. “That’s good.” I said. “Nick?” I asked and he looked at me, “Yea?” He said. “What the hell are you watching?” I asked and he laughed. “I have no idea.” He said and I laughed to.

“So how’s Mitchel?” He asked and I laughed to myself. These were our conversations lately. I ask about Miley, then in return he’d ask about Mitchel. “Fine.” I said. “Just fine?” He asked switching channels. “Fine, Spectacular.” I said changing my wording. He laughed the easy going laughing he has and I smiled. “You know what I want to do?” He asked suddenly making me jump a bit. “What?” I asked. “Play wiffel ball.” He said and I laughed. “Right now? Nick it’s almost midnight.” I said reminding him the time of day, well night. “So, there are lights in the parking lot. Let’s go!” He said pulling me up. “Nick it’s so late!” I whined. “Al, are you gonna whine like a girl or play ball like a girl?” He asked with the infamous Jonas smirk. “Oh you are SO on.” I said narrowing my eyes at him and he narrowed his eyes and got extremely close. I had to calm my breathing. “Bring it little girl.” He said competitively into my ear. “Just don’t cry when you lose Nick.” I said shoving him back away from me and he laughed.

“NO WAY!!! THAT WAS SO OUT!” I shouted at Nick. “ARE YOU CRAZY!? THAT WAS NO WHERE NEAR THE STRIKE ZONE!” He shouted back at me. “Kevin back me up on this please!?” I said to my team mate. “She’s right Nick that was out.” “Joe!” Nick shouted to his team mate. “I think it was out.” “HA!” I shouted at the curly haired Jonas who was standing at home plate, or in this case an empty diet Coke can. He kicked the can in defeat and we watched as our home plate was now in the outfield. “Wow, someone’s a soar loser” I said in a taunting tone. “DO NOT START WITH ME WINDLE!” Nick shouted and I laughed. “Chill Nick, see this is why they should always be on the same team!” Nicole said from her position on second base. “Please, just because someone here can’t accept a loss, doesn’t mean I have to be on his team.” I said. “You didn’t beat me.” Nick said more calmly. “Um yes I did.” I said. “No you didn’t. We won. Game over! ROAD DOGS WIN AGAIN!” He shouted throwing his hands in the air. “Nick I won. You know it. And I AM a road dog stupid.” I said walking closer to him.

Everyone was coming in now since my team did just win. “No. I won.” He said pointing a finger to himself. “You’re such a sore loser!!” I shouted while I started to laugh. “I am not!” He said back with a serious face. I just laughed even harder. “Nick, she’s right. We lost. Get over it. Move on man!” Joe said clapping him on the back. “Don’t touch me.” Nick said squirming away from his brother’s hand. “You know I hate being touched” Nick said still squirming even though no one was touching him. I looked over to Joe and nodded. We both at the same time hugged Nick from both sides. “GUYS!” He shouted while just held onto him. “I hate you both!” He said through struggled breaths and I laughed. “You just need a hug Nick” Joe said still holding onto him. “Aw that’s cute” Nicole said while laughing and taking a picture. She laughed even harder once she looked at it. “Help!” Nick shouted and I started to laugh even harder and that was my mistake. Nick started to tickle me the best he could with Joe’s arms around him. I instantly let go and then he was able to break himself free of Joe. “You guys are so immature.” He said trying to breath normally. “You guys are so immature” Joe and I said at the same time mimicking Nick. He looked at us and laughed. We walked towards the bus and I told Nicole to record my conversation with Nick on the camera from behind. “So Nick who won?” I asked him as we finally reached the bus. “You did. ” He said with a sigh. “Wait I’m sorry who won?” I asked putting my hand to my ear. “YOU DID!” He shouted and I smiled starring at him. “FINE! ALLY WINDLE BEAT ME, NICK JONAS, AT WIFFEL BALL!” He shouted loudly and I laughed and he smiled. Nicole gave a thumb up from behind him to let me know she got it and I smiled. “That’s what I thought you said, I just wasn’t sure.” I said and he chased me onto the bus.

“So guess what everyone!” I said into the mic, I was in the middle of my set, Nick had just finished playing the piano for Breakaway and I told him he had to wait. Everyone screamed so I went on. “Late last night we were bored so we all decided to have a game of wiffel ball.” I said smiling when I looked at Nick. He shook his head and put it down and I laughed. “And Nick who won that game last night?” I asked into my mic. He walked over to me and leaned into my mic, “I did.” He said with a smile. All the girls screamed like crazy. “Oh no Nicholas Jonas you are a rotten liar! I won that game!” I said and he cockily said, “Prove it.” And everyone screamed again. “Oh I can. Guys let it play!” I shouted back to the stage guys. All around the arena the video started to play. It started with just some random video clips Nicole had taken while we were playing and then came Nick and me standing in front of the bus. The whole venue screamed when they saw us together. Then everyone went quiet so they could hear us talking. “Wait I’m sorry who won?” I watched myself ask him. “YOU DID!” he shouted on the video.I turned to Nick and he was laughing. The whole crowd started to laugh and cheer, “Oh wait he yells it.” I said to them and everyone quieted down again in time to hear Nick yelling that I had beaten him. Then the video cut off.

“So wanna change your answer?” I asked into the mic. “Yea, yea, she beat me.” Nick said laughing. Everyone cheered and then Nick went off the stage so I could finish my set. Later that night we were all in the hotel in mine and Kevin’s room watching a movie. “So which one of you videotaped that?” Nick asked and we all laughed again. “You’ll never know.” Nicole said and Nick rolled his eyes. I yawned the same time Joe did though Joe made his yawn loud and obnoxious. “God Joe, tired?” I asked and he laughed. “Yea guess so” He said with a slight laugh. The movie ended and Joe and Nicole left back to their room and Kevin went into his bedroom and said goodnight. “Now what?” I asked. Nick was flipping through the different channels. “Oh look the Phillies are on, well it’s the repeat from earlier tonight.” He said and yawned again. “Keep it on, I wanna watch. I heard Rollins hit a grand slam.” He did as I said and put his arm back around the back of the couch behind me. I didn’t get to see Rollins hit the grand slam, I didn’t even see the whole first inning. I fell asleep. I woke up to Kevin on the phone with Lindsey talking about which photographer he liked better. I went to pull the blanket further up but it wouldn’t budge. I reluctantly opened my eyes and saw why my blanket wouldn’t move. Nick was lying on top of it, well half under it really. I didn’t move just closed my eyes again and enjoyed being so close to him. We must have both fallen asleep on the couch last night watching the game. His arms were wrapped around me and I had been using his chest as a pillow. Didn’t take long for me to fall back asleep to Nick’s steady breathing.