An Unlikely Visitor

Awkward Situation

A sliver of light made its way through the dust covered window in Merlin’s cramped room. It fell across the room and rested upon Merlin’s closed eyelids. The heat became unbearable; making Merlin stir. He didn’t know how long he and Eilwen had stayed up talking, but it must have been while; he was still rather tired. As Merlin began to feel conscious, he noticed that there was something laying halfway on him. Upon further investigation, he soon realized that it wasn’t a something but a someone. Eilwen was laying on Merlin’s left side, grasping his shirt; nestled into his chest, still fast asleep. In his sleep deprived state, Merlin saw the whole situation as rather surprising; he let out a yelp and jumped up off the floor. Eilwen stirred slowly awake as thundering footsteps arrived at the door. Gaius rushed in and assessed the situation.
“What was the dreadful noise?” he cried as Merlin paced the room.
“I don’t know! I woke up and she was sleeping on me!” Merlin replied pointing wildly at Eilwen who yawned.
Gaius looked from Eilwen to Merlin and then from Merlin to EIilwen. A small smile spread across his face. “Did I stumble upon something?”
Merlin stopped pacing; the sudden realization of what Gaius was implying horrified him.
“Oh please not that again! It’s nothing like that at all! She must have fallen or something during the night.” Merlin replied.
“Huh? Is it morning already?” Eilwen asked, oblivious to the commotion around her. She looked at where she was sitting; a slight look of confusion crossed her face. “Why am I on the floor?”
“You tell me!” Merlin said.
Eilwen looked at him strangely. She looked at the floor and then back at Merlin. She must have realized what had happened because her eyes suddenly became very wide.
“Oh my goodness!” she cried as she stood up. “I’m so sorry! I knew something like this would happen!”
“Something like what?” Gaius asked.
Eilwen’s face turned pink. “Sometimes I fall out of bed when I sleep. It’s been happening ever since I was a little girl.”
Merlin and Eilwen stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity. Elwen’s face full of remorse, Merlin’s face full of shock.
“Well then!” Gaius said clapping his hands together. “Breakfast anyone?”