Status: This story is on the back burner for now, but if you message me/comment for an update I will get one done. Eventually this will be finished.

Lost on the Island

Caught off guard...

Ryan's POV

Well this is just great. Being a third wheel sucks. Well technically, I'm not a third wheel. But it sure feels like it the way Peter and Ellie are sitting close to eachother and Mitch is making Melina laugh. We're sitting around the campfire after our swim. Mostly, I'm angry at Mitch. How dare he flirt with Melina like that! I mean, isn't he the one who was all sad about his sister getting into a relationship?

This is the moment I realize I'm not alone, and that there could be revenge yet.

"Oh wow, I'm just so tired. I'm gonna go crash," I say, faking a yawn. After of chorus of good nights, I walk upstairs, becoming more wary as I get closer to my destination. Should I really do this, after Mitch specifically told us not to?

Oh, what the hell. I'll wing it.

As I walk into his bedroom, I notice that it's pretty messy. It's not like it's gross or anything, but old books are strewn everywhere and there's a pile of clothes in the corner. The one thing missing is his sister, which I specifically remember him saying he shared this room with. So where is she? I look around and notice a door to the left. I had at first assumed it was a closet door, but anything's possible right?

Something tells me to turn back, but I'm already walking towards that mystery door to open it. As I do, I get the suprise of my life.

"Excuse me, but nobody is supposed to be in here. And by the way, who the heck are you?" the girl asks, assaulting me at the door. I can't help but be a little intimidated by this hormonal pregnant woman. It's in this moment I realize I have no clue what I was planning on accomplishing.

"Uhm...aren't you supposed to be crazy or something?" I ask her. She laughs.

"Oh yeah, sure. Of course I am. Can't you tell?" she asks, flashing a pretty smile my way.

"Actually...you don't look crazy at all."

"Well, isn't that a shame. No show to see here," she says, now glaring at me.

"Uhm...I..."

"Oh please, don't say anything you'll regret. I may be fat and slow, but I still pack a punch," she says continuing the death glare.

"You're more...spunky than I'd imagined."

"What were you expecting, some weak little girl who's bed stricken or something?"

"Actually, yes."

"Well, sorry to crush your dreams."

"Why does he hide you up here?" I ask her suddenly. For the first time, she fails to have a witty comback.

"I...well...he's protective."

"You're the last one left, and his sister. That's kind of understandable."

"Doesn't make it fair."

"Don't worry, you're not the only one who doesn't think your brother's fair."

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah."

"Let me guess, he either stole your socks or your girl," she says matter of factly. I think the first option is meant to be funny, but by the look she's giving me I'm not super sure.

"Well...she's not my girl, but I like her," I say, suprised I'm telling her anything. She nods, reminising.

"Oh yeah, he was a lady stealer back home. He always had a date when he wanted one. Kind of pissed me off, relationships shouldn't come that easily."

"I completely agree," I say, suprised at the fact. She stops glaring at me and starts to smile.

"Well, I won't even ask what you wanted to do by coming up here," she says, studying me. It makes me kind of uncomfortable, so I decide to ignore it.

"I'm not sure to be honest."

"Well, now you can leave me alone," she says to me. I go to leave, but then I see curiousity in her eyes, as if she's wondering if I'll leave or not. This gives me an idea.

"Well actually, I think I know what I came here for."

"Oh really? And what reason precisely is that?"

"Do you know how to play War?" I ask her, pulling a deck of cards out of my pocket and sitting down at the small table that takes up half of her room, the other half taken over by her bed. Leah looks genuinely suprised, but she has a twinkle in her eyes I won't forget.

"As a matter of fact, I do. And I'm about to kick you butt."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I can't believe you kicked my butt," I say to her. She laughs.

"I just am good at cards, I'm not sure why. The right cards have always found me."

"You should go to Vegas."

"That would be an interesting experiment," she says, laughing. When we first starting playing, it was hard for me to make conversation. Eventually, though, we both were making eachother laugh. Leah looked like she was actually in a good mood.

"So, is your brother gonna be pissed or what?" I ask her. She shrugs.

"Hard to say, he's moodier than I am sometimes."

"And scarier."

"How so? I mean...I'm pretty freaky especially being so round."

"When we first got here he threatened us with a weapon."

"Oh, big deal! He wouldn't kill someone on purpose."

"That would have been great to know when I thought I was going to die."

"Well, if he'd let me out of here sometime maybe I could have give you a warning," she says, chuckling. I don't laugh though.

"Leah, why don't you just leave then?"

"Because...he was hurting. I didn't want to make him feel worse after Frankie died...," she says, trailing off. As fierce as she seems, she's compassionate too.

"Well, it's still not right to be cooped up here," I say to her. She nods.

"I think it might be time for me to make an appearance."

"Ok, let's go."

"No, no. Not yet. I need a plan."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, let's just say that Leah Larkin always makes an entrance," she says, grinning evily.

"What exactly are you going to do?" I ask her. She grins.

"Something that will kill my brother. But I'm going to need help..."

"Oh no, I'm not going to piss him off."

"Come on, please?" she asks, making the same puppy dog eyes my sister makes at home. Fortunately, I've become immune.

"Nope, that look doesn't work on me," I say, trumphantly.

"Well...will you do it for me then? To make me happier than I've been since I've been stuck here?" she asks. A girl asking me to do something for her? Not something I've become accustomed to.

"Oh...uhm...well..."

"Come on, it'll be fun," she says, leaning over to kiss me. I'm so suprised I can't even reply.

"I'll take that as a yes. Ok, here's my idea...," she says, whispering the plan in my ear as if anyone can hear us. I sigh.

"This is so not me. Nobody will buy it."

"I don't care if your friends buy it, I just need Mitch to buy it."

"Alright, fine. Let's get this over with," I say, leaving the room so she can change into the outfit she wants to wear. I can't say I'm really into make an entrance, but I have to admit it might be kind of fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! There's some new stuff, so read closely! :)
I made a character list for anyone that's interested (with pics). So if you want to see the pictures I chose you can go to the character section. You can access it up top near where you click to post comments. Also, I've started a new story. Any Hunger Games fans? You should check it out!! :D
Thanks for reading, as always. I love you all.
~Carly