My Promise

The plan

Read Author's Notes

When I got back to headquarter I walked through the main hallways and everyone looked at me like I was a ghost. The guards all stopped what they were doing as I walked past and started at me. I walked through the hallways and pulled my cloak on the hide my face and went to the main meeting room. As I entered I saw Aro, Caius, and Marcus sitting in their chairs with someone else at their side. Who was that guy in MY spot? I approached them and removed my hood.

“So you miss me?” They all looked at me with wide eyes.

“You’re alive?!” It was Caius who had the outburst. I took in what he said. He sound surprised that I was alive like I was suppose to die. My mind registered this and my body went into defense. If a fight happened I could defend myself long enough to get out of here, and I knew Alice was watching me so they would know what was happening.

“Am I suppose to be dead?” I was in a low crouch now. Something about this was wrong. Did they know I had switched sides.

“Of course not.” Aro shot Caius a look. “We just thought you had died that’s all. We had to get a replacement you know.” I looked at the man who was standing beside Aro.

“It would seem so.” I motioned forward. “So who is this fellow?” Caius rose.

“He is mine. His name is pain.” The man smiled.

“Alright that’s not a creepy name. So where is Jane? I know she missed me.” Aro stood and began walking down the stairs towards me.

“I’ll take you to her. Come lets walk and talk.” Aro walked past me and straight out of the room. I followed suite behind him. “So how did your mission go?”

“I had some difficulty. But Aro, why did you replace me?”

“Ah my child. We did not replace you. I knew you would come back. My brothers were…not so optimistic. So they suggested we get another vamp just in case.”

“But why would you need another one. You have Jane she could have-”

“A lot has changed since you’ve been gone.” I acted like this was shocking news.

“What? Aro please tell me.” Aro stopped in front on a door to a room I had never been in.

“Once again I must ask too much of you.” He walked in and I followed. From the looks of the room it looked like a war room.

“Please have a seat and catch up. Quickly.” I nodded and took my place next to Aro. He raised one of his hands and spotlights were suddenly on him and his two brothers. We were sitting in a circle almost each one of the brothers had their right hand with them. I looked straight across from me and saw pain, and next to Marcus was Jane. She looked up and saw me and started grinning like a child. I did the smallest hand gesture and then turned my attention back to what was going on.

All the lights had been cut off, and only one was turned back on in the middle of our circle. Then in stepped a woman. She had brown hair and a slim figure with the most obvious pale skin. So she was a vamp.

“This is Irina. She has made the accusations that she has seen an immortal child living with the Cullen clan.” This made my body tense up. I knew aro would feel it; I had to pretend that it still pained me to hear their name. “She will tell us what she saw and then we will decide what actions to take.”

“I was running through the forest when I saw two vampires by the names of Edward Cullen and Bella Cullen with what is known as an immortal child. We all now a child who has been turned into a vampire is not safe because they are uncontrollable. Creating them has been outlawed! They must be punished. The whole Cullen clan!” Aro looked at me. Is this what he meant by asking too much of me? He knew it would be hard for me, but still I was second in commands my emotions couldn’t cloud my judgment.

“We will now deliberate.”

“Chelsea?” I looked at Caius. He had never called me by my name before. “What do you think?”

“We must take into account every angle of this. The most important being the creation of an immortal child is outlawed. Next, is it really an immortal child?”

“How could it not be? A child vampire, there is no other explanation.” Marcus shouted.

“What if Bella got pregnant?” The whole room was silent. “What if her and Edward had sex and he got her pregnant. Is there venom in vampire semen?” I waited. It seemed that no one knew that answer. “Let’s not rule out all possibilities when we don’t know.”

“Why are you protecting them?!” I glared at the vampire who started all this mess.

“Why are you so persistent on convicting them of a crime they may have not committed!?!”

“Enough!” Aro stood. “Pyro makes a good argument. So we shall go see what this child is. As a precaution we are all going. If it is an immortal child I know they will all fight to protect it.”

“…or die trying.” Caius whispered.

“So we all must go. But I warn you Irina if you have come before us without proper proof, you will die in the child’s place.” At that everyone began to leave. I stood and walked out with Aro. We headed to his chambers so we could talk more.

“Will you be able to do it?” I turned to look at him.

“Do what sir?”

“Kill them if it comes down to it.”

“The Cullens know the rules they would never-”Aro cut me off.

“Will you do it?” If I said no I knew Aro wouldn’t let me go, and I had to go in case things turned for the worst.

“Yes.”

“Let us hope so…for your sake. We do not forgive traitors, nor do we give second chances. You will be wise to remember this when the time comes for you to make your stand.” Aro walked into his chamber and closed the door. This was gonna be harder than I thought. If there was already any kind of suspicion I was doomed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im so sorry for not updating
xxAllBritishGirlxx, happyhappy-joyjoy,writeusernamehere, dramaprincess
and brokenarrow. I've been really busy but i wont let you guys down again im going to try to update .