Status: Completed! :)

Something like Harmony?

Chapter Fifteen – Pancakes and Sparks

I arrived home and parked my car. Everything outside seemed to be normal. The weather is still nice and there is nothing misplaced. I grabbed the pink post-it note and the fork off of the passenger seat and locked the car; on my way to the front door of the house.

The smell hit me as I opened the front door; thus making my stomach grumble. It was lovely; freshly cooked food coming from the kitchen was being made and I just had to see what it was.

I removed my shoes and placed them on the shoe mat. I quickly walked into the kitchen to see Nick facing the stove on the opposite side, flipping what seemed to be pancakes. He really seemed to be concentrating on what he was doing. I then leaned against the door frame and admired his effort.

At the moment I was able to take a look around the kitchen. Nick seemed to have moved the table in front of the window we have in the kitchen and set the table for two. There was two place mats on either side of the table with two plates. One place setting had a fork and a knife, the other only had a knife. I looked down at the fork in my hand. I looked back up to see Nick turned around, smiling at me.

“I see you found my notes.” He said as he was walking towards me. He gave me a quick hug then opened up his hand; silently asking for the fork in my hand. I placed it in Nick’s hand and he walked over to the set table and placed it on what seemed to be my side.

“You drank orange juice that day. Remember?” He asked me as he walked towards to refrigerator and took out the orange juice container and a can of diet coke. I looked at him confused.

“The day we went to the diner? For breakfast?” He asked as he placed the drinks on the appropriate side. I still stood in the door frame confused. Nick just shook his head.

“It doesn’t matter. Come, let’s enjoy breakfast for dinner.” He said with a smile.

He stood behind what seemed to be my chair and pulled it out for me. As I took a seat, he gently pushed me in. As he sat down he offered if I wanted the first pancake which is graciously accepted; my stomach making a grumble as my response.

We dined for what seemed to be hours, but was truly only 35 minutes. We talked about memories of things we did. We talked about what Nick and his brothers were going to be doing when they go back home. We talked about us. We didn’t talk about us for long because Nick sensed that I was starting to get emotional over the topic. He walked over to my side of the table and kindly took my hand, making me stand. He then gave me a hug and I melted into his front. I felt so protected being in his arms. Everything seemed like it was going to be ok when I was with his.

“Harmony?” He asked. I looked up at him.

“Ya Nick?”

“I wanted to give you something.”

“Nick, you don’t have to give me anything, you know that.” I said as he was grabbing something from his pocket.

“No. I want you to have this: to remember me, to remember this summer forever.” He said as he pulled out an amazing, sparkly, white gold, Tiffany’s charm bracelet with many charms on it. I lifted my wrist so he could clasp it on.

“Nick! It’s beautiful” I said as I admired it.

Every single charm that was on the bracelet had a meaning. There was a charm shaped as a skate. The skate resembled the skating rink I had and all of the special moments we shared there. There was a flower, which resembled the meadow that we spent time in. There was one shaped like a microphone, because he knew I loved singing and hello, it’s Nick Jonas. There was a charm shaped like a movie reel, which made Harmony remember the time they watched Titanic in her room.

“This letter N here,” He pointed to the white gold charm dangling on the top side of the bracelet

“This obviously is for my name but its so that you never, ever forget me. I will always think of this summer and the time I spent with you. So the N is to remind you of me and to never forget me. See, never starts with N.” Nick said with a laugh. I giggled because he was trying to be funny but just ended up being cute and adorable, more so than funny.

“There is a heart on here.” I said lamely. The heart was the standard Tiffany’s heart shape but with little diamonds glistening around the outer perimeter.

“Yes, yes there is.” He said

“This heart Harmony…” He stopped and looked straight into my eyes. I looked back, patiently waiting for him to finish his sentence.

“This heart” He started again “resembles my love for you. Over the summer, we have been so close. Shared stories and memories and we have created our own. I have grown to know you, not only as a friend but more; much more.” I smiled up at him.

“I love you Harmony Davis. Every time I wake in the morning I think of your amazing smile. I see you enter a room and my heart skips a beat. I just want to hold you and hug you and kiss you all day long. I don’t want to let you go. I love you Harmony. To the moon and back. I want to climb the highest mountain and scream it. I want to do a concert and yell it. I want to tell the world. I love you Harmony Lee Grace Annabelle Davis!” He exclaimed.

I didn’t even have a moment to breathe for he scooped me into his arms and our lips collided like they have never collided before.

The sparks were flying and nothing, absolutely nothing could ruin this moment. Not now, not ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while. Wow it seems so short. My bad.

Comments really help. Don't be a quiet reader!
It's almost done.