Status: Completed! :)

Something like Harmony?

Chapter Two - Greetings and Tours

Ok, if you met the Jonas Brothers, what would you do? Would you scream? Faint? Cry? Well, when I realized that the Jonas Brothers were the guests that were staying at the inn for an entire month, I didn’t do anything.

They are just normal people, who just happen to live their lives in the spot light. They are known around the world and perform in front of tens of thousands of people. But, they are still normal people. They do day to day stuff. Get up, eat, and talk with their family, super normal things.

That’s what the public doesn’t get, which I find annoying. Why I of all people find it annoying? Well it’s because, I sort of know what the brothers are going through. In a way.

Let me explain. When I was younger, my parents put me into everything imaginable. I skated, I cheered, and I was even in beauty contest. Crazy, I know. But all of those things got me noticed around town and around the state. For example, when I was 10, I was on a champion cheer squad that traveled the country in competitions. When I was 13, I made it into Nationals for skating and was given the chance to try out for the World Juniors but didn’t make it. Even though I didn’t make it, everyone was so excited that I got so far.

And then when I was 14, my mom put me into the Miss Teen Tennessee competition. Let’s just say that I still hold the crown today at age 16. Because I won, I got to do some local and state wide press on the radio and on tv.

Some how, this group of people found out that I was able to sing. When they came up to me and offered me a deal, I was hesitant because singing was more of a hobby that I liked to do in my spare time. Not a career move. So they came up with a compromise and let me record a few songs and to have them played on the radio. That’s it. No full album, no further press on the matter. Nothing. Which, I was actually ok with.

So now, I do get noticed. I go into town and there is some random person who is like ‘Oh your Harmony Davis. I like your songs’ but nothing crazy like the Jonas Brothers. Like I said, it can be annoying. But what can I do now about it?

“Hi. I’m Harmony” I said to the whole group with a smile on my face. I went to shake all of their hands.

“Hi. I’m Joe. These are my brothers, Kevin, Nick and Frankie.”

Everyone smiled and shook my hand.

“And you must be Mr. and Mrs. Jonas. It’s nice to meet you.” I said to the two people who were standing beside my mom.

Mrs. Jonas pulled me into a hug when I put my hand out for her to shake it. I was caught off guard but it’s ok.

“Oh and you can call me Denise”. I nodded my head.

We all just sort of stood there, with their luggage everywhere doing nothing. That was until my mom said something.

“Harmony? Would you be a dear and show the boys their rooms and give them a grand tour?”

I nodded my head and started to grab on of their smaller pieces of luggage as all four boys followed me through the halls and up the grand spiral staircase to the second floor.

“Alright. So everyone gets their own room. Each room has a closet and a bathroom attached. There should be one extra room up here for your parents and do you see that door at the end?” I said pointing to the door.

“Well that door and the door that looks exactly like it just downstairs are me. So if you need anything like someone to talk to, something to eat. If your bored, anything. You just knock on the door and I will do whatever you need help with. Oh and it doesn’t matter what time it is either.” I said as I put down the small luggage that I was carrying.

The boys looked and me and nodded, as if saying they understood. I then noticed that Frankie yawned. I smiled.

“Ok, so what I can do is everyone can pick a room and I can give you like 2 hours to rest up and unpack if you want. I heard that you flew from Europe to get here. After about two hours, if everyone wants to meet me in the foyer I can give you a tour of the property. How does that sound?” I asked

“Cool.” Frankie said as he picked up a suitcase and walked into the closest room and closed the door. We all laughed.

Joe ended up taking the room that was next to Frankie’s near the front of the house. Kevin picked a room that was near the back of the house, facing the meadow in the back. Nick took the room that was next to mine.

“I will just be in my room if you need anything.” I said to Nick as I helped roll his last suitcase into his room. He just nodded his head.

I walked into the room. On this floor, I have my closet and bathroom and my huge bed. It’s super comfy. I pressed play on my iHome and the sound of ‘Good Girls Go Bad’ by Cobra Starship came blasting out of the speakers. I jumped off of my bed and danced around the room.

For the next two hours that’s all I did. I danced to some music and then I went online. Nothing very interesting.

I met the boys down in the foyer right when I said we should all meet. I started off showing them the dining room, which was just off of the foyer and the grand parlor room which is on the other side of the foyer. Then we walked into the main hallway where I pointed out the second door to my room and the door to my mom’s room. We then walked into the kitchen where Joe decided he was thirsty.

“Harmony!” He whined.

“Yes Joe?” I asked as he looked at me like a lost puppy.

“I’m thirsty. What do you have to drink?”

“Well,” I said as I walked over to the fridge and opened it up showing the many options.

“We have water, milk, orange juice, apple juice, this random peach juice, coke, diet coke, red bull and sprite.” I looked up at Joe and he looked like he was trying to make up his mind. It was actually looked kind of funny. But don’t tell him that. Joe ended up just taking a water bottle and the five of us continued on our tour.

The next stop was the family room and then to the games room. And when I say games room, I mean pool table, ping-pong table, old school video games, every game system and huge tv’s. We as in my mom and I don’t really use this room all that often because the normal guests who come and stay at the inn are more into the relaxation of the meadows around the house then the loud and fun games that are in the room.

“WOW!” Frankie screamed as he ran into the room.

“This is insane.” Kevin said as he followed Frankie and Joe into the room. Nick waited for me to walk into the room as well before he started to look at all of the games like his brothers.

“Can we please, please, please stay here Harmony?” Frankie asked. I smiled down to him.

“Well we can always come back after I show you the pool and barn. I think you will like the barn just as much as this room.” He looked at me like I was crazy. He will freak out when he see’s the barn.

We all walked out to through the back porch and followed the path to the pool. The pool is around 70 yards away from the house, surrounded by tall field grass so it’s kind of hidden, in a way. We then got back onto the path and walked about ten minutes until we arrived at the barn.

The barn looked like any other barn with the traditional red siding and huge white door. We walked through the door and entered the long hallway with a small kitchen at the end. We turned to the right and I showed them the huge dance studio.

“This is not a normal barn at all.” Joe said as he looked around the stupid with tall ceilings, hardwood floors and mirror on the wall.

“Well if you think this is not normal, come and look at this.”

“Oh my gosh!” Joe and Frankie said at the same time. We walked into the arena and onto the ice.

“This is my arena. I skate on here from time to time. So you’re always welcome to come down here and skate. But we can put the floor boards down onto the ice and we can set it up like a basketball court, a volleyball court, tennis, floor hockey. Whatever you want really.”

“This is so awesome.” Nick said. I looked at him. This was the first real thing he has said the whole time they have been here. I smiled, his voice was very quiet but I still heard it.

“Yes, yes it is.” I said.

“Thank you for the tour Harmony.” Frankie said as he came up to me and gave me a hug. I hugged back, he was so cute.

“You’re welcome Frankie. Now do you want to go back to the games room?”

Frankie just grabbed my hand and we ran out of the barn back towards the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always great!