Status: Completed! :)

Something like Harmony?

Chapter Nine – Explanations

Breakfast was really good. Nick and I just sat and talked. He still didn’t take off his hat and sunglasses so I found it slightly hard to talk with him because I couldn’t tell what he was thinking.

Though, I could tell that he was still very curious as to what I was going to say and what I was going to show him. To be honest, I was slightly nervous. Like, Nick is a great person who doesn’t judge other but, what if I’m the one exception? What is he going to say? Is he going to be upset that I didn’t tell him earlier?

We finished our breakfast and we got the bill. I quickly went to grab the bill book but Nick placed his hand over mine and gave me a face. I looked into his sunglasses-covered eyes and sighed; slowing taking my hand away from where the bill is.

“You are out with a Jonas, you don’t need to pay.” He whispered because Cindy was only one table away. I rolled my eyes and he placed a few bills into the book.

Nick took my hand as we got up and walked out of the diner. I turned to him.

“Ok. So, we just need to stop off at the video store before we head home-” Nick stopped me.

“But your going to show me why that Cindy person-” This time I interrupted him.

“Nick.” I placed my hand on his shoulder. I looked down at my shoes - white and pink nike’s – then look back up. I nodded my head.

“Yes. Now come on!” I grabbed his hand and started to dag him towards the video store.

We finally arrived at Davis’ Video about twenty-five minutes. What took us so long? Nick decided to stop and tie his shoe but then he saw this random shiny penny and then pointed it out to me. I went over to take a better look at it and then Nick decides we should play tag. Yeah, we had a six year old moment.

As we ran up to the door, Dylann was just opening to store. She noticed me and smiled. Nick and I walked into the store and all three of us just stood there awkwardly for a few minutes. Dylann decided to speak.

“Hey Harmony. Why are you here so early? Oh! And you brought sunglasses guy again! Does he ever take those off?” She said all at one.

Nick and I burst out laughing as Dylann just rolled her eyes and went behind the counter.

“Um, no he doesn’t. And I’m here actually to pick up this.” I said as I walked behind Nick to the display of my EP. Dylann nodded her head.

“Do you need a bag?” She asked. I shook my head.

“No point. Just going to run home.” Dylann laughed. She knew how much I loved running.

I was about to walk out of the store when Nick placed his hand on my arm.

“Are you just going to leave without buying it?” He asked. I was about to answer him when Dylann did it for me.

“It’s Harmony. Why would she buy something she took forever to make?” I laughed slightly and waved bye to Dylann.

Obviously Nick didn’t notice a picture of me on the EP cover or on the sign just beside the display. He still has no clue at all.

“What did she mean by that? Can I see the CD?” He asked, trying to grab the CD out of my hand. I skipped away from him.

“Nope. If you weren’t paying attention to the display you will just have to wait until we get to the barn.” I smiled.

“The barn? What is at the barn that I haven’t seen?” Nick asked. I smiled and I ran up to him and stole his hat and then ran down the street towards the house.

After a lot of running, laugh’s and whining, we both arrived at the barn. I held the door open for Nick.

“Ladies first.” He rolled his eyes. We walked into the kitchenette and he took off his sunglasses and hat (that he stole back from me) and placed them on the table. We stood there for a bit, I was trying to take my shoes off with little success.

After finally getting my shoes off, I grabbed his hand and walked up to the door beside to bathroom door. I turned to face Nick.

“Ok. You need to keep an open mind and let me explain fully before you say anything. And you can finally look at the CD.” I told him and I gave him the CD.

Nick just stood there looking at the cover art of me sitting on a swing, in a meadow with my hands propping up my head. I heard him mumble something but I ignored it as I grabbed his hand and led him up the stairs. We got to the top and Nick finally looked up from the CD cover and looked around.

The room was more of an attic. No windows, which to me was depressing but there were a lot of bright colours and light everywhere so the place didn’t seem like a dungeon. It was my recording studio. Everything and anything was up there that was needed to make a CD.

“Wow.”

I smiled. That’s all that Nick said. I guess he has had enough time to absorb all of this.

“Ok. So…”

I went to explain that when I won the Miss Teen Tennessee pageant they gave me some press to do and then when I was at a radio station, they had like people from a record label there and they overheard be singing and offered me a deal.

I then went on to say that I personally thought that singing was more of a hobby and that I didn’t want the deal but agreed to their other idea about recording a few songs and putting it out as an EP.

“And that’s what I ended up with.” I said pointing to the CD in Nick’s hands. As I finished talking, he was looking at the back of it looking at the songs.

“Can I listen to it?” Nick whispered. I looked at him. I couldn’t read what his eyes were saying. At that moment, I realized that we were sitting really close to each other on the little yellow couch I had in the corner near the sound board. His eyes were shining, I can tell you that much and his lips were a light shade of pink and he had a random little curl in front of his left eye. I nodded my head.

I took the CD from him and placed it in the player. I went back to sit next to him as the sound of my voice singing my first song ‘Breathe’ came out of the speakers.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Breathe" by Taylor Swift

FINALLY. I know, so sorry!

Comments are fantastic!!