Status: Active.

Match Maker, Heart Breaker

three.

Eloise’s POV.

"You better have a bloody good plan, El." Fred growled at me as we exited the potions classroom. Audrey had gone to catch up with Matt so it was just me and the boys.

"Oh, I do." I smiled at him. In case you haven't caught on, Fred Weasley is head over heels in love with my best friend and has been since he met her. So now he was mad at me for insisting her help to, essentially, hook him up with her.

"What kind of whacked plan do you have?" George asked as we walked outside for lunch.

"Yeah, El." Fred yelled. "Please explain how the hell this is going to work."

"Oh my god, Fred!" I yelled. "Shut up okay? I get it you're in love with her, whatever. Just trust me on this okay?!"

Fred sighed, calming down. "I'm sorry. I just. I'm sick of seeing him play with her head while he's going around screwing every other girl in the grade."

We all had our doubts about Matt from day one, but he really did make Audrey happier than I'd ever seen her before. We kept our opinions to ourselves for as long as we could. Until about a year ago. We'd started to hear rumors about Matt sleeping with some Ravenclaw in our grade and decided to check it out for ourselves. Turns out it wasn't just one girl, Matt was whoring himself out to half the grade and Audrey was too blind to see it.

"I get it Fred, I really do." I sighed. "Look, for now just go along with her trying to help you out with this girl, spend heaps of time with her and all that. Because I have a good feeling that everything that Matt is doing is about to come undone, okay?"

Fred sighed, and nodded. "Thank you."

Audrey's POV

After classes had finished for the day and I had spent some time with Matt, I made my way up to the dorms. I planned on spending tonight trying to get as much information out of Fred about this girl, as possible. It would also give me a chance to spend some time with him, which I haven’t done in a long time.

After dinner, I dragged Fred up to the boys dorms to talk to him. “Okay, sit.”

Fred looked at me strangely. “Am I a dog now or?”

“Shut up and do as I say!” I smirked. “So it would kind of help if I new who this girl was?”

He took in a deep breath. “I can’t tell you that.”

“How am I meant to help you if I don’t know who it is?” I laughed. “C’mon you have to tell me!”

“I honestly can’t.” He sighed. “I know it makes it harder, but not right now.”

“Okay then, that makes it more difficult.” I sighed. “It just means you have to give me as much detailed information about her as possible, okay?”

“I can do that.” He nodded. “What do you need to know?

“Start me off with just a general idea of her personality, I guess.”

“She’s incredibly smart, but not book smart, more socially smart. Like if you were to have an argument with her she could counteract your point of view with a list of reasons, not matter the subject. She’s funny, which is a big plus for me. She’s always happy and never lets anything get her down, ever. You know when people just have a really good happy vibe to them? She has that vibe and everyone around her is instantly happier because of it. I don’t know what to say about her, other then I really like her.”

“Aw!” I squealed, unable to comprehend that that speech had come from his mouth like it just did. “Weasley’s got the love bug.”

“So bloody bad.” He laughed. “At least I can admit it!”

I laughed at him. “That you can, my friend.”

We spent over 2 hours talking about this girl, trying to find ways that Fred could hint that he liked her, or get on her good side. I’ve honestly never seen Fred get so giddy or happy about anything in my life. In fact, I kind of envied this girl purely because I know that Matt doesn’t get like that about me. She had Fred wrapped around her finger and she didn’t even know it. But she made him happy, and that’s all that matters.
♠ ♠ ♠
My Understandings - Of Mice & Men

6am and a short filler re-write. I'm on a mission.